|Minimum Stay||30 nights|
Three bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths plus an office sleeps 8 - perfect for a family or three couples. A book-filled living room has great morning light, a fireplace and comfortable furnishings and the formal dining room has a table that expands to seat 12 guests. The fully stocked kitchen with gas range top and electric oven, microwave, dishwasher and granite countertops opens to a family room with fireplace, 50' flat screen TV with a surround sound system and a second dining area. Sliding doors lead to a large cobble stone terrace with gas BBQ, separate seating area and arbor-covered dining area. The weather is usually conducive to spending your days in the beautiful garden and your nights lingering under the arbor after dinner.
Two bedrooms (one with a Queen and one with two twin beds) share a renovated bath with tiled shower. The secluded Master Suite with King bed includes a large, walk-on closet, bath with tub and separate shower and access to a private terrace. An office with spacious desk area and printer/fax/scanner connects to both the master bedroom and the living room and includes a studio bed and trundle to sleep two more people. There is a guest bath and coat closet off the foyer and an attached single car garage with auto door opener and full size washer/dryer. The fenced yard is private and surrounds the house with lawn area, a secret garden and flower and vegetable beds.
- My husband and I raised our family in this home. We recently
renovated and redecorate so we now have a very comfortable house with lots of light and an open floor plan. We plan to spend one month each year traveling.
- Having lived here full-time for over twenty years, we know the area and have lots of connections. We can give you the scoop on local happenings; places to eat, shop, visit and play; and we will help you arrange tours and tastings at the best local artisan wineries.
- This is our house, which we are renting for a month while we travel, so you will be staying in a comfortable private home filled with books, art and everything you need to entertain or simply relax. Bed and bath linens and other furnishings are all top quality.
- There will be a local contact to help you while we are gone and wonderful neighbors and friends who will make you feel at home or give you total privacy depending upon your wishes.
Mary Stephenson purchased this house in 1992
- Being 'in-town' is great! Look out the front door and you are less than one mile from Main Street with it's cute shops and great restaurants. Look out the back door and you see the Western ridge line with the entrance to a beautiful canyon walk just two blocks away.
- We are avid foodies and wine lovers and our house is perfect for people want to take advantage of the Napa lifestyle. Not only will you be close to some of the finest restaurants in the country but, at home, you will have access to multiple sets of dishes, glassware, table linens and accessories for casual to formal entertaining.
- The house is well equipped for three couples or for a family with children. There are beds for a total of eight people. There is lots of private space plus wonderful gathering places both inside and out.
- Guest memberships to Napa Valley Health Club, which offers a gym, pool and spa services, are available. There are also opportunities for tennis, golf, bocce ball, hot air ballooning, hiking, biking, skateboarding and fishing nearby.
- St Helena is a quaint little town right in the middle of the Napa Valley. Calistoga is 12 miles to the north and Yountville is 12 miles to the south. It is less than two hours from the San Francisco, Oakland and Sacramento airports.
- Walking to town for a morning coffee or an evening movie at the Cameo Cinema, the classic little movie house on Main Street.
- Deciding which one of the dozens of world-class Napa Valley restaurants or local hangouts to dine at tonight.
- Strolling through the weekly Farmers’ Market and visiting Sunshine Foods or Dean and DeLucca to obtain all the fixings for a wonderful meal.
- Taking a cooking class at the Culinary Institute of America, partaking in an olive oil tasting or visiting one of the hundreds of wineries in the Napa Valley.
- Shopping in the quaint, one-of-kind stores in St. Helena, Calistoga and Yountville or the discount outlets in Napa.
- Driving 60 minutes to Bodega Bay for a walk along the rugged Pacific Coast then stopping for fresh BBQ oysters on the way home.
- Reading, chatting or snoozing on the backyard terrace under the towering Sycamore trees in the afternoon sun.
- Lingering under the arbor in the candlelight after a leisurely dinner on the warm summer nights.
- Enjoying a walk down White Sulphur Springs canyon just two blocks away, or, for the more adventurous, climbing Mt. St. Helena north of Calistoga, 15 miles away.
I recommend "September in Wine Country" as the best!
My husband and I rented this lovely home in Sept. 2013. The pictures clearly depict the beauty of this home and garden...but to stay here for a month allows one to experience the warmth of the home and surrounding area.
This home is well equipped and all areas are very comfortable for relaxing. The kitchen provides ease of preparation and cooking and you have the option of enjoying your meals inside or out in the lovely garden setting. The location is perfect for walking to nearby vineyards and the center of town to enjoy the wonderful restaurants, shops and cinema (local gem). St. Helena is a charming
Mary is extremely helpful and accommodating. She provided pre-vacation/holiday emails with suggestions and recommendations. She provided a list of contact information and helpful information on places to visit, things to do, great restaurants, directions, and other excellent tips. I think we visited or explored all that was possible...a personal favorite was the Friday morning St. Helena's Farmers' Market.
I cannot say enough about how organized and efficient everything was upon arrival and during our stay! Family and friends had the opportunity to visit us and the house accommodates all comfortably. We truly enjoyed our lovely stay in this beautiful home. We highly recommend this home!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 14 2015 - Dec 31 2015
30 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
30 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|
The house is available for the a 30-day period in 2016. We are fully booked for 2015. We have some flexibility on arrival and departure dates, but prefer September and/or October.
WiFi, air conditioning, weekly garden service and all utilities are included in the price. Maid service, including fresh linens, is available at $200 per week.
A 50% non-refundable deposit ($4000) is required at the time of booking. The remaining rent plus the nonrefundable cleaning fee ($200) and the refundable security deposit ($1000) is required 90 days before arrival.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.