: Amsterdam Schiphol
: Passenger Terminal Amsterdam
: Central Station
: Snow World
: Golfbaan Sloten
Car: not necessary
My apartment is conveniently located in the heart of Amsterdam, literally a few meters away from the canals, shopping street, Leidseplein (square with bars, clubs and restaurants).
There's so much to see and do around here, and you can all reach it fast and easily by foot or do what we do; jump on a bike!
- Take a stroll to the Van Gogh museum or Anna Frank House (buy tickets upfront, the queue is killing)
- Hop on a canal boat (lovely in the evening when it's dark)
- Try your luck at the casino
- Have fun with international comedians (The American view on the Dutchies)
- Shop till you drop (Highstreet = Kalverstraat. Designer Brands = PC Hooftstraat)
- Cruise around on a bike (be aware of loony bike-virgin tourists) - Hang in the city park (take out your Barbie)
- Dine fine or enjoy a peasant meal (don't fall for the tourist menu's)
- Work out in the gym overlooking the city (Splash, behind the apartment)
- Have a coffee or something else (...) in a coffee shop
- Visit a pop/jazz/classical/rock concert (Paradiso is our Pop Temple and the Royal Concert Hall has the most magnificent musicians, not to forget the Stadsschouwburg, Stopera and Carré where you can see the plays and opera)
- Celebrate our 400th anniversary
- Check out all the festivals during high season
Amsterdam, a metropolitan village for the Jet Set and the Back Packer!