“The Lake House” is located just 90 minutes north of Toronto on beautiful Lake Couchiching. The house sits on one of the highest points of the lake and provides spectacular views. The lake's shallow water and a hard-packed sand bottom make it perfect for children and non-swimmers to wade and equally good for experienced swimmers. Take pleasure in relaxing on the deck off the living room - the perfect spot to bask in the morning sun and for star-gazing at night. The yard is complete with picnic table and a fire pit. Wooden stairway leads down to the dock and the lake.
The bright, open plan living, dining, and fully-stocked kitchen on the main floor all have great views of the lake. The sunroom provides a great space for children to play or watch a rented movie while not being underfoot of relaxing parents. And, so your whole family can stay “connected” and entertained, wireless internet is provided.
Two generous bedrooms (one king-size and the other queen-size) and main bathroom are up five steps. Both bedrooms are tastefully decorated, have oodles of closet space and a dresser in each. The spacious, finished lower level provides additional sleeping accommodations - 2 futons (double bed size) and a queen-size pull-out sofa - play area and another 3-pc. bathroom.
The house is on municipal water and sewers, with the water being tested by the municipality frequently for potable safety.
Local Attractions/Places of Interest:
• Within a two minute drive or a healthy walk are two well-stocked convenience stores which can fulfil many of your needs, including DVD rentals.
• A fresh fruit and vegetable market is within walking distance.
• The City of Orillia (just 15 minutes south) boasts such attractions as the Stephen Leacock Museum, the Orillia Opera House, the sandy beach at Couchiching Park, and the Port of Orillia and its marina, host to many special events throughout the year. Shop the boutiques on the main street, take a cruise on the Island Princess, dine out at several fine restaurants or grab a quick bite at one of the many family restaurants. All your grocery and specialty food needs can be satisfied in “The Sunshine City”.
• Located within 20 minutes to Casino Rama and its world class entertainment.
• Golf courses, wildlife reserves and more are close by.
• Just 30 minutes north on Hwy 11 is the town of Gravenhurst, home of The Muskoka Wharf (restaurants, special events) and steamships “Seguin” and “Wenonah” which offer day, lunch, dinner and evening cruises on Lake Muskoka throughout the summer and fall. Every Summer Wednesday is Farmer’s Market day in Gravenhurst, showcasing local produce, baking, arts and crafts.
• Santa’s Village is just a little further north in Bracebridge.
Keywords: Cottage, lakefront house, lakefront cottage
We have vacationed in this community for many years. We love the quiet community, the spectacular views, the sand bottom lake and proximity to Toronto.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
My Standard Rate
|Refundable damage deposit||C$500.00|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (CAD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.