Upon your arrival you will be greeted by complimentary hors d'oeuvres and wine or sparkling cider, passes to the famous Spa on the Plaza in downtown Monterey, tickets for a tasting at Scheid Winery in downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea, local organic coffee to start your mornings and a basket of local information. An assigned concierge vacation house manager is available to assist you during your stay. We have also provided spa amenities in the bathrooms, plush bathrobes, oversized towels and everything you need for a day at the beach.
French doors just off the living room open to a fenced-in back patio landscaped in succulents and other native plants. A hot tub, gas fire-pit, gas grill, teak bench and table and chairs for 4, make it a wonderful spot for outdoor entertaining.
The drop-dead gorgeous kitchen has more going for it than just good looks; a professional chef couldn't ask for more. Highlights include black and green granite counter tops, tile flooring and backsplash, maple cabinets, an oversized refrigerator, counter top gas stove and double ovens, a microwave and all the small appliances you could ask for. A large central island with separate sink provides ample room for meal prep while friends sit on contemporary stools and entertain the cook. Dish-washing will be a pleasure as you gaze out the window to the shimmering blue waters of the bay.
Enjoy delicious meals in a separate dining room with a round wooden table with 6 plaid upholstered chairs, a decorative fireplace that can be illuminated with candles, and recessed wall shelving displaying glass objets d'art.
The first floor, which has radiant heating throughout, also includes a guest bedroom in a seashell theme with a queen bed with taupe coverlet, plush duvet and luxury linens, a flat-screen TV and a windowed door that opens to a small patio where you can sip your morning coffee and watch the Cypresses sway in the vest-pocket park across the street. A bathroom with a decidedly modern feel has cocoa-colored tile around the etched stainless steel sink and tub/shower, a slate floor and abstract maple cabinets. A laundry room with washer and dryer and lots of shelving is down the hall. At the end of the hall is an entrance to the double-car garage. Additional parking is available in the driveway or on the street.
An undulating staircase between the kitchen and dining room leads to the second story and an open area with lots of built-in shelving stocked with games, puzzles and children's books, floor-to-ceiling windows and a door that leads to a small deck facing the park that has water views. This area is large enough to accommodate additional sleeping for kids.
At the far end is a built-in office with stunning ocean and park views. At the opposite end is a second master bedroom with a king bed with Memory foam topper (that can be also converted into 2 twin beds) with sea-glass coverlet, striped and seashell-themed pillow shams, a flat-screen TV and two wooden bedside tables and lamps. A large upholstered chaise with sand-dollar motif (which can sleep one child) and a plush warm throw is perfect for reading a book or day dreaming. A door set into floor-to-ceiling windows opens to a deck facing the park with views of the bay. A short hallway bordered by large mirrored closets leads to a bathroom with sand-colored tile on the floor and lining the glass-enclosed walk-in shower.
A spectacular first master suite includes a sitting area with yellow and blue upholstered loveseat and chair and binoculars for watching the boats and whales in the bay. The king bed is fitted with a periwinkle blue coverlet and white duvet with butter-yellow throw pillows and luxury linens. An entire wall of built-in shelving is stocked with art books for your perusal. A large deck off the first master offers magnificent water views. A spacious bathroom in soothing neutral tones of off-white and sand has a heated floor and includes large soaking tub framed in marble tiles with ocean views (and privacy shades), a marble-tiled glass-framed walk-in shower and lots of storage. There is also a generous his-and-hers walk-in closet with built-in dressers.
This wonderful home is ideally situated with easy access to the many “must see” destinations of the Monterey Peninsula. The outstanding local shops and restaurants of Pacific Grove, called “the last hometown” by doting residents, are just minutes away. The boutiques, galleries and fine dining of Carmel, the historic sites of Monterey and the world-class golf courses of Pebble Beach just a few minutes further. The Monterey Bay Aquarium is nearby. An astonishingly beautiful walking and bike trail that extends for miles in either direction along the shoreline is just a stone's throw away as is a locals' favorite golf course.
You couldn't ask for a more harmonious and accommodating Sanctuary by the Sea from which to explore the beautiful Monterey Peninsula.
Amenities of this Vacation Rental.....
2 large Flat Screen HDTVs (one in the living room with surround-sound and one in the master bedroom), DVD players, printer in the office for your computer, Gas BBQ, complimentary spa & wine tasting passes, hors d'oeuvres upon arrival with wine or sparkling cider, spa amenities in the bathrooms, high thread count linens and luxury bath towels, spa robes, local reading material and maps, CD iPod dock, washer/dryer, beach blankets, chairs, umbrella.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
* 10% City transient occupancy tax applicable to rent, cleaning, pet and amenity fees.
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent depending on number of guests including infants and children. $275 to $325 (Maximum 7 adults or 6 adults and 2 children)
* $300 Hot Tub Use Deposit (Refundable if left in good condition).
* Children must be supervised by an adult at all times during your stay since there is a hot tub on the premises.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with our Vacation House Manager assigned to the rental at the rate of $25/hour per housekeeper. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Rates are based on up to 6 guests, including infants and children. Add $25 per night for each additional guest. NO MORE THAN 8 GUESTS ALLOWED.
* Pet Fees: $100 each large dog (1 dog); $150 two small dogs; if arranged after acceptance of contract, contract must be amended to adjust price.
* Accidental Loss and Damage Waiver Fee $75 instead of security deposit (covers up to $2000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full and credit card is on file for security against damages.
* 2 night rentals are subject to owner's approval.
* Ask about Last-Minute Specials!! Save $75-$100 per night depending on number of guests, if booked within 7 days of arrival, subject to owner's approval. “Minimum night stays” can also be waived for Last Minute Specials.'