Rehoboth Beach House Rental Photos and Description
8 Bedrooms, 3 en-suite, 5 1/2 Bathrooms
The Perfect Location:
• 1.5 blocks from the Beach, on a park overlooking Lake Gerar
• Three blocks from Rehoboth Avenue in a quiet family and centrally located neighborhood
The Perfect Houses:
• “The Gaslight House” was built in 1905 as the home of the Rehoboth Beach Street Lighting Company. During the past fall and winter the house was gutted, redesigned by reknown Washington architect Christian Zapatka and rebuilt by local artisans.
• The first floor has: a large screened-in front porch with separate seating and living space; an open living room-dining room-kitchen, a half-bath and an ensuite master bedroom. The second floor has four bedrooms, two bathrooms and a W/D room.
• “The Lake Cottage,” directly behind the main house, bordering Gerar Park and overlooking the Lake Gerar Nature Preserve, has an entirely rebuilt master bedroom with bath and a W/D room on the ground level. Upstairs are two additional bedrooms, an updated kitchen, a bathroom and living and dining rooms.
• Professionally decorated for luxury, comfort, style and interaction
• The gourmet kitchen has granite counter-tops, state-of-the-art stainless appliances, chef’s gas range, 31 cu ft refrigerator, and double electric ovens.
• The bathrooms are all tiled with top-of-the-line fixtures.
Bedroom and Bed Configurations:
• “Gaslight House: 1st Floor: Master bedroom with king bed. 2nd Floor: #1: Master bedroom with king bed. #2 Two twin beds which can be combined to make a king. #3: Bunk beds and one twin. #4: Two twins which can be combed to make a king• “Lake Cottage” First floor: Master bedroom with twin beds which can be combined to make a king. 2nd floor: #1: Bunk beds with loft for 2 children. #2 Queen. Also a fold-out sofa in living room.
• Situated on Gerar Park, overlooking Lake Gerar, a quiet oasis in the middle of Rehoboth Beach for volleyball, badmitten, horseshoes, bacci and relaxation.
• Outdoor grilling, two outdoor showers and parking for three cars (with two additional non-metered street parking permits).
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
About Matthew Hastings
The owners live in Washington and have a summer home in the Country Club district which they have rented for a decade to dozens of very happy families. They have purchased and renovated several properties, but this is their favorite.
Matthew Hastings purchased this house in 2012
Why Matthew Hastings chose Rehoboth Beach
If you want location, if you want peace and quiet, if you want to walk to the grocery store, to church, to a bookstore, to shop or to eat ... this is perfect. If you want a family house which permits large group activity yet has lots of space for privacy and summer naps ... this is the place. If you want an elegant, comfortable, memorable true vacation from everyday stress to connect with your friends and family ... this is the place.
What makes this house unique
The two houses afford ultimate family gathering and peace and quiet. The proximity to the beach, to town and to the outlets is unsurpassed. The houses are elegant, functional and completely comfortable. The screened-in front porch is perfect for eating, playing games, laughing, snoozing and reading. The beds are comfortable and the Park and Lake are wonderful.
Bedroom and Bed Configurations:
--1st Floor Master Bedroom with King Bed (and yes, room for a blow-up mattress for another) (2+)
--2nd Floor Master Bedroom with King Bed (also room for a blow-up mattress for another) (2+)
--2nd Floor: 2 twins to push together to become a king (2)
--2nd Foor: 2 twins to push together to become a king (2)
--2nd Floor: 1 queen bed, 1 bunk (3)
--1st Foor: Master Bedroom 2 twins to push together to become a king (2)
--2nd Foor: Bunk Beds (2) and Loft (2)
--2nd Foor: Queen Bed (2)