4th Arrondissement Pompidou Le Marais Studio Rental Photos and Description
1 bedroom (mezzanine style), 1 full bathroom, sleeps 1 to 4
In the historical Marais quarter, this apartment rental located on the pedestrian 'Rue Quincampoix' has a very central location in Paris. The Pompidou Centre is just one minute away, both the Louvre museum and Notre-Dame cathedral are also within walking distance.
This apartment, located on the second floor (European) or third story (American way) of a walk up building, is quiet even though it is situated in one of the most animated areas of the city.The immediate area has an abundance of restaurants, cafe's, bars and shops of every description.
Designed and furnished with the visitors comfort in mind, this quaint apartment has an open living area with a large and comfortable sofa bed (sleeps 2), a dining table, TV with CNN and BBC World, high speed WIFI and an open plan fully equipped kitchen. A few steps will lead you to the cozy loft bedroom (low ceiling) with a double bed. There is also a large closet/wardrobe for storing clothes. The bathroom includes a bathtub with shower and a washer-dryer.
The closest subways stations are 'Châtelet-les-halles' 'Rambuteau' and 'Hôtel de ville'.
This lovely pied-à-terre can sleep up to four people. It is very well situated, very comfortable and perfect for your stay in Paris.
AUTHENTICITY...: You will love the wooden beams, the wooden floor, and the high ceiling of this apartment, which give the place a real authenticity and a warm feeling..
SUCH A LOVELY PLACE...: The windows of the apartment overlook a medieval cobble-stoned courtyard in a building dating back to the 17th century (formerly a convent!). Security is assured by two door codes and an intercom.
The neighborhood is as lively by night as it is by day but remains very safe. After a day's exploration you will surely appreciate the calm of this apartment...
EXPLORE ON FOOT these famous sights and museums :
• The Pompidou Center (Beaubourg), round the corner
• Notre-Dame Cathedral, 10 minutes walk
• The Louvre Museum, 15 minutes walk
• The Conciergerie, 10 minutes walk
• The Holy Chapel, 5 minutes walk
• The Carnavalet Museum, 10 minutes walk
• Place des Vosges (Victor Hugo's house), 10 minutes walk
• The Picasso museum, 10 mn walk
• The River Seine with its booksellers (and 'Paris Beaches' in the Summer!) , 5 minutes walk
Saint-Louis Island and the Latin quarter are also at walking distance.
• The Eiffel Tower and the Champs-Elysées are only a 20 minute Metro ride away.
° ° ° ° ° °
Take your time to enjoy the French way of life and wander through open air markets. You cannot help but be filled with inspiration and a desire to go home to cook the gorgeous things offered. Colors and nice smells are everywhere! This is definitely a happy place!
- The BASTILLE market, the largest outdoor market in Paris is two metro stops from the apartment, or 25 minutes walk through the amazing district of the Marais…
- Also a short walk to the apartment : the pedestrianized Rue MONTORGUEIL' : Half market, half foodie paradise shopping street, the Rue Montorgueil heaves with flower vendors, rotisseries, tempting bakers and fragrant cheese shops!
° ° ° ° ° °
SHOPPING / FASHION:
- The luxurious department store 'BHV' is round the corner (women & men fashion: clothes, shoes; Perfumes; Beauty; Books, gifts...)
- you can also troll along trendy RUE DE RIVOLI where you'll find beautiful shops of all kinds!
- the 'FORUM DES HALLES' shopping center (rmen and women's fashion, home, electronic items, gifts...) is also a few step away...
° ° ° ° ° °
BAKERY / RESTAURANTS
Several bakeries are just at the corner! No problem to get your croissants in the morning!
* * * * *
'Au petit Marcel' is a nice bistrot round the corner: breakfast, café's, homemade dishes! And no grumpy waiters there!
* * * * *
the 'Bistrot Beaubourg' at 25 rue Quincampoix is a typical old bistrot of the 'Marais'. Kid friendly. A great place for lunch or dinner, and last but not least...at very reasonable prices!
* * * * *
the 'Creperie Beaubourg' Enjoy a delicious crepe with every ingredient! They also have a wonderful range of French made beers and a very good cider from Normandy.
* * * * * *
'Benoit' Restaurant (Alain Ducasse), is round the corner.
A favorite address of all lovers of great French food who appreciate its family spirit and warm and friendly atmosphere; the restaurant Benoit which opened in 1912, remains one of the last authentic Parisians bistrots. For gourmets only!
° ° ° ° ° °
The 'Wine Touch' at 61 rue Quincampoix (next door to the apartment!)
The best place for wine tasting and discover wine without pressure... The owner has a huge selection of wines to suit every taste and every pocket. Whatever your wine tastes are, Philippe will show you the wine that you want! Grab some cheese and charcuterie from next door and you are set! You can stay there for hours. And, you are sure to go home with some bottles!
~~~~~~~ Just Enjoy 'La Belle Vie', You are in Paris! ~~~~~~
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- unsuitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
What makes this studio unique
This apartment is perfect for visitors who want to be in the very centre of Paris, with everything in easy walking distance.