You are close to the station 'Châtelet-les-halles'' from which you have and easy access to all Paris as lots of subway lines run through this station. For instance, you have a direct access to 'Charles de Gaulle airport', the 'gare du Nord', and a direct access to Disneyland Paris. This is a very central line in Paris.
Other close stations are' Rambuteau', and 'Hôtel de ville'.
You also have an easy access to several bus lines.
EXPLORE ON FOOT these famous sights and museums :
• The Pompidou Center (Beaubourg), round the corner
• The River Seine with its booksellers (and 'Paris Beaches' in the Summer!) , 5 minutes walk
• Notre-Dame Cathedral, 5 minutes walk
• The Louvre Museum, 15 minutes walk
• The Conciergerie, 10 minutes walk
• The Holy Chapel, 5 minutes walk
• The Carnavalet Museum, 10 minutes walk
• Place des Vosges (Victor Hugo's house), 10 minutes walk
• The Picasso museum (re-opening end of 2013)
Saint-Louis Island and the Latin quarter are also at walking distance.
• The Eiffel Tower and the Champs-Elysées are only a 20 minute Metro ride away.
If you like fashion: the famous 'rue de Rivoli' and the 'Bazar de l'hotel de ville' (older big department store in Paris) are round the corner too!
HISTORIC & HIP AREA : The Marais ('Marshland') is an historic district in Paris. For many it is the most enjoyable quarter of Paris with its mansions, museums, and medieval lanes. Its streets are also now home to the city's liveliest nightspots. You’ll be more than enthusiastic about its wonderful energy ..
A few nice places I can recommend you ( all nearby the apartment):
'Aux Délice de Beaubourg' at 20 rue de Renard, this is a great bakery where I often go for my 'baguette', possibly the best bread ever!!!, their cakes are also delicious and they also have a great selection of wonderful 'take away' meals. last but not least....their prices are very reasonable!
the 'Bistrot Beaubourg' at 25 rue Quincampoix is a typical old bistrot of the 'Marais', serving homemade food and
delicious desserts. A great place for lunch or dinner, and at very reasonable prices!
the 'Creperie Beaubourg'. Enjoy a delicious crepe with every ingredient! They also have a wonderful range of French made beers and a very good cider from Normandy.
The 'Wine Touch' at 61 rue Quincampoix is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine or even buy a bottle! they have a huge selection of wines to suit every taste and every pocket. If you need any advice, have a word with the owner, he is a connoisseur!
- the Guiness Tavern at 31 rue des Lombards is round the corner. It is a great place to go if you like a pub atmosphere with regular live Rock Music!
....................Just enjoy 'la belle vie', you are in Paris!................