This is a delightful newly renovated private studio apartment in the heart of The Palisades Village neighborhood of Washington, DC. The closest cross street is MacArthur Blvd NW at Dana Pl NW. It features a private entrance, kitchenette with granite counters, a new bath with shower, and its own laundry room. It has a queen sized bed and seating area for 2-4.
We have 4 apartments in this converted townhome and can accommodate families or parties of up to 13 guests. See all four listings at #914007, #3495995, #3496278 and #3495967.
* Coffee maker, refrigerator, ceramic cooking top, toaster, toaster oven and microwave, place settings for 4.
* Private entrance
* New bathroom with shower
* Washer/dryer (with laundry soap) in your apartment.
* High speed internet and WIFI.
* Flat screen wall mounted HDTV with cable service.
* Iron, ironing board, blow dryer, cleaning supplies.
* Steps from the D5/D6 MetroBus stop that will take you to The National Mall and all the interesting sights in the city.
* A variety of restaurants (some really superb!), Starbucks Coffee and other conveniences are located on your block.
* 3 blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River, C&O Canal, Capital Crescent bike trail and Fletcher's Boathouse.
* There is unrestricted street parking a block away. Inquire about off-street parking, we may have a space subject to availability.
NOTE: This is a mixed-use building, the owner's music studio is in front half so you may hear their piano students practicing from 3 to 9pm Monday thru Friday and on Saturday 10am to 5pm. There are no classes during the Summer months.
Located on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner MacArthur Blvd NW and Dana Place, NW…1/2 block away) which will take you on a beautiful ride through historic Georgetown, DuPont Circle, Foggy Bottom, The World Bank, The White House, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, Metro Center, Union Station and The Capital Building, i.e. everything that you would want to see! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to 'Trip Planner' to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
* Quiet, safe, location in the Palisades Village just steps away from a wonderful variety of restaurants, take-out, convenience store, pharmacy, coffee shops, pizza, post office, banks, dry cleaners and other conveniences. Just 5 blocks from the apartment, in the heart of Palisades Village, you’ll find a marvelous fish market, upscale wine store, a variety of restaurants and gourmet take-out, Sunday Farmer’s Market, Safeway, CVS, yoga studio, churches and community library.
* Limitless free cultural options. You are a mere 20 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials, monuments, gardens, open spaces and Smithsonian museums. It’s a also just a 15 minute drive to the Kennedy Center (free performance every night at 6pm!).
* An outdoor lover’s paradise close in to the city. The apartment is 2 ½ blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park. From there you can walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal and tow path, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
* Approximately 2 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, George Washington University's Mt Vernon Campus, and the French and German Embassies as well as Georgetown University Hospital and Sibley Hospital.
Marty – “We enjoyed our stay at the Palisades Sanctuary. The apartment was clean and comfortable. We appreciated the availability of free parking for our rental car that did not require a DC permit. Our host, Matthias, was very accessible by email or cell phone to answer any questions we had. We also appreciated the help that Charlotte provided in helping us find a place that met our needs.” May, 2012, stayed at Palisades Sanctuary