* Washer/dryer in your apartment.
* Wall mounted HDTV with full cable service.
* Full bath with tub.
* Coffee maker, mini-fridge, microwave and toaster.
* Off-street parking space.
* ½ block from the MetroBus stop that will take you to The National Mall and most other interesting sights in the city.
* A variety of restaurants (some really superb!), Starbucks Coffee, mini-market, pharmacy, banks, post office, cleaners and other conveniences are located on your block.
* 3 blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River, C&O Canal and Fletcher's Boathouse!
Located on the D5/D6 bus lines (MacArthur Blvd NW & Dana Pl. NW, 1/2 block away) which will take you on a beautiful ride through historic Georgetown, DuPont Circle, Foggy Bottom, The World Bank, The White House, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, Metro Center, Union Station and The Capital Building, i.e. everything that you would want to see! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to 'Trip Planner' to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
D. IDEAL AND IDYLLIC LOCATION:
* Quiet, safe, location in the Palisades Village just steps away from a wonderful variety of restaurants, take-out, coffee shops, pizza, post office, banks, dry cleaners and other conveniences. Just 5 blocks from the apartment, in the heart of Palisades Village, you’ll find a marvelous fish market, upscale wine store, a variety of restaurants and gourmet take-out, Sunday Farmer’s Market, Safeway, CVS and community library.
* Limitless free cultural options. You are a mere 20 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials, monuments, gardens, open spaces and Smithsonian museums. It’s a also just a 15 minute drive to the Kennedy Center (free performance every night at 6pm!).
* An outdoor lover’s paradise close in to the city. The apartment is 2 ½ blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park. From there you can walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal and tow path, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
* Approximately 2 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, and the French and German Embassies.
Felecia – “The Bird's Nest was exactly as represented in the photos: very clean, comfortable and centrally located. It was a welcome place to call home for our family of four for the week. Also, having our very own private parking spot is a big plus, and probably worth more than gold in DC! Charlotte and Matthias were wonderful, gracious and accommodating hosts. Matthias was readily available by email or phone once we were on site, and any problems (such as a tripped breaker) or requests were quickly taken care of. Thanks, we had a great experience!”
July 2012, stayed at The Bird’s Nest