*We have on-site parking available at this property for a fee of $10 per night (subject to availability). Guests are required to indicate if they will need on-site parking before they make a reservation.
The Bird’s Nest is a delightful top floor studio apartment in the heart of The Palisades Village neighborhood of Washington, DC. A private entrance leads to a beautifully crafted wood spiral staircase to your Washington hideaway. This tastefully decorated studio features a queen bed, its own private deck where you can sit and enjoy your morning coffee or an evening glass of wine after a day exploring the cultural riches of the city. There is also a step-up sleeping or reading alcove with an armchair that folds out to a twin bed. The alcove has a sliding door for privacy. Kids love it! The sofa also folds out to a second queen sized bed affording you up to 3 separate beds in the unit. We have 4 apartments in this converted townhome that can accommodate families or parties of up to 13.
*Parking is available at this apartment ($10 per night)
* Private entrance and private deck.
* Washer/dryer in your apartment.
* Wall mounted HDTV with full cable service.
* Full bath with tub.
* Coffee maker, mini-fridge, microwave and toaster.
* ½ block from the MetroBus stop that will take you to The National Mall and most other interesting sights in the city.
* A variety of restaurants (some really superb!), Starbucks Coffee, mini-market, pharmacy, banks, post office, cleaners and other conveniences are located on your block.
* 3 blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River, C&O Canal and Fletcher's Boathouse!
Located on the D5/D6 bus lines (MacArthur Blvd NW & Dana Pl. NW, 1/2 block away) which will take you on a beautiful ride through historic Georgetown, DuPont Circle, Foggy Bottom, The World Bank, The White House, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, Metro Center, Union Station and The Capital Building, i.e. everything that you would want to see! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to 'Trip Planner' to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
D. IDEAL AND IDYLLIC LOCATION:
* Quiet, safe, location in the Palisades Village just steps away from a wonderful variety of restaurants, take-out, coffee shops, pizza, post office, banks, dry cleaners and other conveniences. Just 5 blocks from the apartment, in the heart of Palisades Village, you’ll find a marvelous fish market, upscale wine store, a variety of restaurants and gourmet take-out, Sunday Farmer’s Market, Safeway, CVS and community library.
* Limitless free cultural options. You are a mere 20 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials, monuments, gardens, open spaces and Smithsonian museums. It’s a also just a 15 minute drive to the Kennedy Center (free performance every night at 6pm!).
* An outdoor lover’s paradise close in to the city. The apartment is 2 ½ blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park. From there you can walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal and tow path, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
* Approximately 2 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, and the French and German Embassies.
Felecia – “The Bird's Nest was exactly as represented in the photos: very clean, comfortable and centrally located. It was a welcome place to call home for our family of four for the week. Also, having our very own private parking spot is a big plus, and probably worth more than gold in DC! Charlotte and Matthias were wonderful, gracious and accommodating hosts. Matthias was readily available by email or phone once we were on site, and any issues or requests were quickly taken care of. Thanks, we had a great experience!”
My business is LUXbnb, we offer short-stay properties in wonderful neighborhoods in Northwest Washington including those areas in high demand by visitors, i.e. DuPont Circle, Georgetown, Palisades and Capitol Hill. You can view some of our other studios and homes for stays from 4 nights up to 8 months; see HomeAway # 914007, 3495967, 3495973, 3495995, 3495973, 3496279, 3496282, 3496283 and 3496278 for details. Let us know your travel plans and we will find the best fit for your needs. Be generous and share the knowledge of LUXbnb, your source for short-stay rentals in Washington, with your friends, family and colleagues.
Our latest addition are vacation properties for Washingtonians. See the Washington Vacations section on our website for homes in the nearby mountains. Take a few days away from the bustle of the city to explore our bucolic countryside little changed over the past 2 to 3 centuries. Visit wineries and orchards, significant Civil War battlefields and historic towns, hike the Apalachian Trail or follow in the footsteps of our founding fathers by visiting their homes. There is plenty to do that beckons you to leave the city for a weekend or a week.
A bit about me...I am a former Californian who, after 12 years in DC, is now an honorary Washington native. Being well traveled both domestically and internationally has given me a great appreciation for the enrichment contact with others brings to our experience. I am well-versed on the 'must-see' sights, monuments and museums of our culturally rich city, along with the unique experiences your find only in Washington. We share that insight with our guests in our property Welcome Guides which we send upon confirmation.
We very much enjoy hosting visitors to our Nation's Capital and ensuring that they are able to make the most of their visit.
Your short-stay source in Washington..
It is a great location in a quiet and close-in Washington, DC neighborhood. It offers the best of both worlds, great outdoor recreation, activities for families, top DC restaurants, and direct transit to downtown and the Smithsonian Museums.
You’ll enjoy a carefree, personalized stay in Washington, DC all expertly guided from your first inquiry to your departure by LUXbnb. Our client-services staff is available 7 days a week to answer questions and resolve any issues. LUXbnb takes care of the details so you can create the travel experience YOU envision in the DC neighborhood of your choice! “LUXbnb, Your source for short-term rentals in Washington, DC.”
C. IDEAL AND IDYLLIC LOCATION:
• Quiet, safe, location in the Palisades Village just steps away from a wonderful variety of restaurants, take-out, convenience store, pharmacy, coffee shops, pizza, post office, banks, dry cleaners and other conveniences. Just 5 blocks from the apartment, in the heart of Palisades Village, you’ll find a marvelous fish market, upscale wine store, a variety of restaurants and gourmet take-out, Sunday Farmer’s Market, Safeway, CVS, yoga studio, churches and community library.
• Limitless free cultural options. You are a mere 20 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials, monuments, gardens, open spaces and Smithsonian museums. It’s a also just a 15 minute drive to the Kennedy Center (free performance every night at 6pm!).
• An outdoor lover’s paradise close in to the city. The apartment is 2 ½ blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park. From there you can walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal and tow path, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
• Approximately 2 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, George Washington University's Mt Vernon Campus, and the French and German Embassies as well as Georgetown University Hospital and Sibley Hospital.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest|
|Notes||1. Contact us for stays of 21 - 31 days and we will apply a lower monthly rate.
2. Dates not available? Contact us, we will have other properties to offer.
3. All reasonable rate offers considered.
4. All rentals of < 90 days are subject to DC Sales & Use Tax of 14.5%
5. Rates subject to change until a reservation is confirmed.
6. We have over 30 properties, see them all at www.LUXbnb.com.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.