Set in the Vermont countryside near Brattleboro this recently updated two bedroom one-story country home sleeps four comfortably (up to six people with queen sized sofa sleeper with Air Dream Mattress). It sports an open concept floor plan that gives it an airy feeling, all new stainless steel kitchen appliances, a spacious south facing deck for dining and an outdoor barbecue, screened-in-porch, garage and a 30” fire pit to gather around when the day is done. It features new large windows throughout, allowing wonderful light to fill the rooms while you stay warm and cozy inside no matter what the weather is like.
Breathe in the fresh air as you stand from the deck that offers a restful view of a wooded glade that nestles around the hollow below. Don’t be surprised if from this post you spot a deer or two, or perhaps a fox. On those warm summer days lie back and relax in the hammock, and should the temperature begin to soar head over to the nearest swim hole by the covered bridge at the Green River Village timber and stone dam for a refreshing dip. More of our personal recommendations are listed below.
* For larger groups see other house on same property...Listing # 3001924
Having lived in the main house on this property for over 30 years, my wife, Vicki, and I now reside on Cape Cod. This property was developed as our home and it reflects the care and thought that we put into it over the years.
Guilford is a small town that is convenient to Boston and close enough to New York to make it an easy drive. Here you'll experience a very different lifestyle from those cosmopolitan areas.
Nearby Brattleboro is an artsy town with its share of good restaurants and a wealth of tourist attractions within reach for those who wish to venture out from this relaxing retreat.
Large Private Deck with BBQ Grill
Comfortably Furnished and Updated Home
Private Yard with Fire Pit Surrounded by Benches
Hammock for Savoring the Tranquility of the Setting
Simons La Petite Maison is located a few miles from Brattleboro where a diverse dining experience awaits. Restauranteurs offer everything from fine continental cuisine, family fare to fast food. If you are looking for Indian, sushi or other Asian dishes you will not be disappointed. Coffee aficionados will enjoy Mocha Joe’s, our local coffee roaster that offers a variety of coffee blends, teas and hot chocolate. The Brattleboro Food Coop located downtown is a complete natural foods market, bakery and deli.
Crumpin-Fox Golf Club a Robert Trent Jones course and Big Mountain Skiing (Mt.Snow, Stratton and Okemo) are all within reach. Fishing, canoeing and kayaking are also great seasonal activities, as are cross-country skiing, ice skating and snow shoeing. Biking (road or mountain) will add vigorous exercise to your sightseeing experience.
Other Area Recommendations:
* Visit local artist studios, galleries, antique shops and sugar houses where pure maple syrup is made. Brattleboro, which was voted among America's top 100 artist communities, hosts Gallery Walk the first Friday evening of every month.
* Take a scenic drive highlighted by old covered-bridges and the white church steeples of yesteryear, babbling brooks and stone bottomed rivers with unmatched foliage colors in Autumn. During the summer months cool off with a dip at the Green River Village timber and stone dam by the covered bridge.
* A perfect way to experience the area’s natural beauty and local folklore is to reserve time to visit Madame Sherri’s Forest. Learn about this local legend from the Ziegfeld era and explore the grounds on footpaths leading to the castle ruins and around the very serene Indian Pond.
* The Brattleboro Area Farmers' Market is held Saturdays, May-Oct. Enjoy this folksy experience where area farmers, crafters and food vendors converge.
* An abundance of easy to moderate hiking is at hand. A climb to the top of nearby Mt. Wantastiquet is moderately difficult and will reward you with gorgeous panoramic views of Brattleboro and surrounds. Chesterfield Gorge with its waterfalls is another popular attraction that is less physically demanding.
* Arrange a wine tour or tasting at one of the area’s wineries located in nearby Jacksonville or Putney, VT.
* Family fun at Six Flags Amusement and Water Park in Agawam, MA is an hour and fifteen minutes away.
Festivals and Events:
Brattleboro Gallery Walk (first Friday evening of every month)
Northern Roots Traditional Music Festival (January)
Winter Carnival and Harris Hill Ski Jump (February)
Women's Film Festival (March)
Brattleboro Literary Festival (March)
Brattleboro Area Farmers’ Market (Saturdays, May - October)
Newfane Flea Market (Sundays, May - October)
* panoramio.com 8023417
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event||Minimum Stay|
My Standard Rate
|Property Damage Protection||$49.00|
|Cleaning||$50.00 + Tax|
|No Pets Allowed
Rental Agreement Required
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.