Whether you’re looking for a romantic weekend getaway or a family vacation, we’re confident “Mohican Shores” is the right place for you. This cozy cabin is located in a secluded area on a main channel of High Rock Lake, the second largest lake in North Carolina. A lakefront view is included in most any of our rooms. The two bedrooms and upstairs loft can comfortably sleep six adults. In addition, there is a pull-out oversized chair (Single) and two cots that could also provide three additional sleeping accommodations. The main room is surrounded by windows giving you a majestic, panoramic view of the lake. Sit in one of our cushioned rocking chairs on the deck and enjoy the spectacular sunsets of “Mohican Shores”. Torches line the deck to deter any unwanted guests. The cabin also has a wrap-around front porch, a stone, wood-burning fire place, and exterior fire pit to enjoy on those chilly nights under the stars. Guests have use of a canoe, paddle-boat and private dock. Feel free to bring your own boat and put it in the water at nearby access areas. For those who prefer the coolness of a mountain vacation, there is plenty of shade and a constant breeze off the lake most days. Picnics, cookouts or dining by the camp fire are one of the many options available. Dine out at any of the three waterfront restaurants on the lake, accessible by boat or car. Swimming is relaxing with plenty of deep water in front of the dock. Wear a life jacket , recline on a float or ride a flotating cushion or noodle. Stay cool while you think about your friends at work. Let those hot, humid, lazy days of summer be a refreshing memory on High Rock Lake this year. Enjoy the many types of fishing while here. High Rock Lake is a relatively shallow lake with many types of offshore structure. These points, humps and rock formations create excellent habitat for this lake's abundant population of game fish. High Rock is well known both locally and nationally as the home of the 1994, 1995, and 1998 “Bass- masters Classic Bass Tournament”. Bass fishermen from all over the nation know the area as the 'Crank-bait Capital of the World'. While the largemouth bass is perhaps the most well-known game fish in High Rock, it is certainly not the only one found in abundance. White bass, hybrid bass, monster catfish, bream, crappie, carpe and pike are also found here. If you enjoy swinging a club, there are many courses to choose from in our locale. McCanless and Corbin Hills Golf Courses are located off Bringle Ferry Road about 15 minutes from our cabin; Crescent Golf course is located off Jake Alexander Boulevard. Ask for additional information. Do you enjoy a faster pace? Then tennis may be your sport. Tennis courts are located at Dan Nicholas Park , about 8 miles from our cabin. Dan Nicholas Park is a great place to spend the morning, afternoon or all day. It is located on Bringle Ferry Road. Wildlife Viewing for those of us who enjoy the marvels of nature. Cranes, large red-headed wood peckers, deer, red fox, wild turkeys and owls roam the wooded and not so wooded areas near our cabin. Imagine your suprise (and theirs) as you 'happen' across the path of these special creatures....especially in the evening and just before dusk. One of the finest exhibits of animals in their natural habitat is located nearby. The North Carolina Zoo/Wildlife park is located only 45 minutes away in Asheboro, NC. Dan Nicholas Wildlife Center, 8 miles away also offers paddle boat rentals
• Boating: Public (Wildlife or Tamarac) boat ramp is 4 miles away. Boat rentals at High Rock (Tamarac) Marina or High Rock Campground and Marina
• Jet skiing
• Mountain Biking/Hiking: Morrow Mountain and the Uwharrie National Forest have miles of hiking and bike trails.
• Hunting in Season
• Cinemas/Movie Theatre
• Museums: NC Transportation Museum in Spencer; Reeds Gold Mine; Richard Childress Racing Museum
• Live Theatre: Piedmont Players; Novelle Children’s Theatre
• Restaurants: On the lake restaurants include: High Rock Boat and Ski Club which offers a full bar, dance floor and a very delicious menu; Tamarac Marina, and Jimmie’s (breakfast is delightful). This area is also known for the best local barbeque in the world. Choose from Lexington Barbeque, Richards and Hendrix (the owner's favorite in Salisbury), and Gary’s Barbeque located in China Grove.
• Shopping: Historic Downtown Salisbury with Specialty/Antique Shopping; Furniture shopping in High Point and Concord Mills are all located in the area.
• Historic Tours: Salisbury, Gold Hill, NC
• Vineyards Tour: Richard Childress Winery and Vineyards
• Bob Timberlake Art Gallery
• Sports: Lowe’s Motor Speedway, Bank of America Stadium
Keywords: Panoramic view of lake, secluded & romantic encounter, fishing cabin, girls retreat, guys get-away or family gathering, deep water, wildlife, rustic but modern cabin with fire place, boat dock, deck, mountain view, convenient to hiking, parks, zoo, historic sites, and restaurants. Located on High Rock Lake and is 45 minutes from Charlotte, Winston Salem or Asheboro. 1 hour from Greensboro
• Maggie and Ed Rusher, owners, live in Salisbury and enjoy the privacy and solitude of our 'Mohican Shores' home when we “need to get away.” Maggie is a former registered nurse educator at the local community college. Ed operated a family-owned retail tire business in Salisbury. We enjoy traveling, entertaining family and friends, working outside, playing with our pets, walking, watching sports and any type of water activity.
•We chose to purchase our lakefront vacation retreat at “Mohican Shores” because it is a combination of our love of the mountains and the absolutely breath-taking views of the water. Located only 17 miles from Salisbury, we are able to enjoy our cabin most weekends and many weekdays.
Ed and Maggie enjoy a cup of fresh hot coffee or tea in the early morning as we walk down to our dock. The scenic lake is calm and peaceful. A perfect place for meditation and reflection upon our many blessings. Life is always better at the lake. Sometimes our solitude is interrupted as the fish leap out of the water in the early mornings. The amount of artifical light is limited here so as to allow better visualization of shooting stars and other celestial bodies. The stars just seem more vibrant here. The cabin is in a very natural setting; much of the area is undeveloped.
Golf: McCanless, a golf course is located off Bringle Ferry Road; Crescent Golf course is located off Jake Alexander Boulevard
Tennis courts located at Dan Nicholas Park (8 miles)
Wildlife Viewing: Cranes, large red-headed wood peckers, deer, red fox, wild turkeys and owls
·Zoo/Wildlife park: Asheboro, NC Zoo
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
My Standard Rate
|cleaning, hot tub sanitation, linens, more||$125.00|
|Refundable damage deposit||$300.00|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.