Brooklyn Apartment Rental Photos and Description
Live like a Brooklynite in this Rustic & Historic Home w/ Large Eat-In-Kitchen!
MACON MANOR Apt 1 of 4:
If this Apartment is not available for your dates, please see our other HomeAway listings:
Apt 2: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p206384
Apt 3: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p191274
Apt 4: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p206354
My name is TRUE. Thank you for your interest in our home, MACON MANOR, which is celebrating its 124th year (1889-2013) on our quiet, tree-lined street in the heart of the beautiful, safe, and culturally vibrant Stuyvesant Heights Historic District in Brooklyn, which GQ Magazine has rightfully called 'The Coolest City on the Planet.' We're about a 5-minute walk from the Utica subway station on the 'A' (Express) and 'C' (Local) line; the 'A' will get you into Downtown Brooklyn in about 10 minutes, and Downtown Manhattan in about 12 minutes. There is no off-street parking, but street parking is free, safe, and fairly easy to get right out front.
We are easily accessible via car and several forms of public transportation. Many of Brooklyn’s hottest neighborhoods (Brooklyn Heights, Bushwick, DUMBO, Fort Greene [and Barclays Center], Park Slope [and Prospect Park], Williamsburg, etc.) are within 5-15 minutes, and Manhattan is about 12 minutes away via the “A” express train. JFK and LaGuardia are both within 25 minutes, and accessible via public transport. We are just steps away from the best the Neighborhood has to offer (bars, boutiques, cafés, galleries, restaurants -- such as Zagat-rated Peaches and Saraghina -- and much more).
This charming and rustic Garden Apartment, furnished with the IKEA furniture that you know & love, was designed as a cozy space for an individual or couple who want a quiet retreat, but it can sleep a suggested maximum of 6 / absolute maximum of 8, and features:
• The Red Velvet Suite: A Living Room / Bedroom with (1) queen-size bed (sleeps 2) + (2) full-size sofa bed (each sleeps 2); up to (2) more people can be accommodated on an inflatable queen-size Aerobed air mattress for $49 per person per night (payable in cash upon arrival); a walk-in closet with books and games for kids and adults, including guide books to New York City and Brooklyn; A/C; (4) full-length mirrors; exposed brick; and a flat screen HDTV with cable (including premium channels such as HBO / Showtime / Starz on Demand, which allows you to watch any movie or program they offer -- Curb Your Enthusiasm, Game of Thrones, Girls, Sex in the City, The Sopranos, True Blood -- whenever you like; + video games titles such as 'Bejeweled 2,' 'Diner Dash,' 'Mummy Maze,' 'Sudoku,' and others); and BluRay player with library of DVDs for kids & adults.
• A large Eat-In-Kitchen with exposed beam ceiling; dining table & chairs for 6-8; full-size refrigerator / freezer; antique gas stove; microwave; coffee maker & grinder; toaster oven; blender; cooking utensils, dishes, silverware; steam iron & board; and original art.
• A petite Bathroom with clawfoot tub / shower; hair dryer; and towels. Toilet paper and hand soap are provided.
• Original details, and hardwood floors throughout. It is air-conditioned in the summer and well heated in the winter. All sheets and towels are provided, also complimentary tea / coffee / bottled water, free Wi-Fi. Ideal for individuals and couples, also suitable for small families who want a cozy space in which to unwind after a long day of taking in all the sights New York City has to offer.
Our website (http://www.TRUErentals.com) has extensive tourist information about local resources (nearby bars, cafés, museums, parks, restaurants, shops, etc.), sightseeing suggestions, transportation, and much more, which would be of interest to anyone planning a visit to Brooklyn, whether you stayed with us or not.
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
My name is TRUE, I am an Artist / Designer, and have been the Owner / Operator of MACON MANOR since purchasing the Home in 1999.
I moved from Los Angeles, CA. to New York to be a part of its vibrant culture (and to study at Sarah Lawrence College and The Cooper Union Art School) and then moved from Manhattan to Stuyvesant Heights because I found it to be safer and much quieter.
TRUE purchased this apartment in 1999
Why TRUE chose Brooklyn
I chose MACON MANOR because it offered exactly what I wanted: a lot of space; many of its original architectural details; a chance to explore my interior design ideas; a Garden; and a quiet block just 5 minutes from an express train that can get you into Manhattan in just 12 minutes.
What makes this apartment unique
The properties in the Stuyvesant Heights Historic District were built for the wealthiest people of the day in the late 1800s, when everything else in the area was farmland. Throughout the course of the 20th century, as public transportation made it easier for the working class to get deeper into Brooklyn, the wealthy fled, and their homes transitioned into the hands of the middle class.
Living in one such home, and having the chance to lovingly restore it and share it with travelers from around the world is a very unique opportunity, one that I cherish.