|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
This is the perfect home for your family get away. Located at the end of a cul de sac and situated on 1.3 acres, this spacious 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home provides wonderful peace and quiet, but with all the conveniences you desire, such as whole house Wi-Fi, satellite HDTV with premium movie channels, and nearby coffee houses and markets. Best of all, it's just a 0.6 mile stroll from the white sands and sunsets of Skaket Beach! You can walk to the beach using a private sand path in just 15 minutes and you'll be able to enjoy the calmest part of Skaket Beach - the best beach on Cape Cod.
The home is convenient to everything Orleans and the outer cape have to offer as well. Ride just 0.5 miles to the Cape Cod Rail Trail bike path. Drive to the ponds, freshwater fishing and hiking of Nickerson State Park - just 1.5 miles away. Drive to the surf of the Cape Cod National Seashore - just 9 miles away. Golf, fantastic restaurants, delicious ice cream are all nearby.
This inviting home easily sleeps 8 people and has plenty of space for two families and even your extended family. The first floor offers an open living space with a large family room, eat-in kitchen, and dining room. There is plenty of comfortable seating and tables for calm breakfasts, seafood dinners, and family game nights. There is also plenty of access to the outside so you can enjoy the calm of the 1.3 acre yard.
The kitchen has new appliances, including a refrigerator with in-door water/ice, a dishwasher, microwave oven, and stove/oven.
The main family room has a cathedral ceiling with exposed beams. It offers a big screen HDTVwith DVD player and opens to side deck and a screened in porch with a chest of board games.
The dining room has a large table that seats 8. It opens to a large deck for outdoor dining and relaxation.
The first floor also has:
1. A master bed room suite that provides the convenience of first floor living. It has a king size bed, flat screen HDTV, and full size bath with a wonderfully powerful shower and air-conditioning.
2. A half bath and laundry room off the family room.
3. A second family area with fireplace, game-size coffee table, and a futon couch for additional sleeping options.
The second floor offers two large, private bedrooms with air-conditioning. The first has a queen size bed, two twin beds, and a flat screen HDTV and DVD player. The second bedroom has a king size bed, television and DVD player. Both bedrooms access a full bathroom with a large whirlpool tub.
Outside the home gives adults the deck space and seating to relax and enjoy the early morning or evening sea breezes. The 1.3 acre yard gives children plenty of room to run, play yard games, and explore in a private, safe setting. Enjoy the outdoor shower when you return from the beach!
We grew up in Massachusetts and currently live in Lexington, MA with our three young boys, twins that are 9 and their 'baby' brother who's 5. We have been life-long visitors and explorers of Cape Cod.
John Joseph purchased this house in 2012
About 10 years ago, we began to fall in love with the Orleans area and the Outer Cape. It was the unspoiled beaches, the ruggedness of the terrain, and the recreation options that caught our attention. We knew we wanted to make it part of our lives forever. The whole family, especially our children, ages 9, 9, and 5, fell in love with 20 Hofe Road the moment we entered the home and we hope you do too. It's a sanctuary - located on 1.3 acres at the end of a cul de sac and just a lazy stroll to Skaket Beach, which we consider to be the best beach on Cape Cod. In this home it's easy to get away from it all, yet stay connected to the beaches, shopping, night life, food, and recreation that Orleans and the outer cape have to offer. It's just a short drive to the cliffs, dunes, and surf of Nauset Beach and the gorgeous Cape Cod National Seashore. We never get bored of exploring Cape Cod's beauty and we invite you to share this experience.
This home has a unique feel. Tucked away in a wooded area, the home immediately made us feel relaxed. Inside, the home is detailed with natural and painted woodwork that creates such a comfortable and peaceful feeling. It immediately made us feel at home. But I have to say that the spacious yard (part of 1.3 acres of land) creates a feeling that we have really escaped from the hustle and bustle of our daily lives. An occasional rooster crowing from a nearby home just adds to that experience.
Excerpt from renter email...
Awesome house and property. The online pics don't do it justice.
Located 0.6 miles from the white sands of Skaket Beach and 1.6 miles from the restaurants and coffee shops in downtown Orleans, this home provides the perfect place to relax and enjoy a week away.
Within a short walk, bike, or drive are:
- The white sands and sunsets of Skaket Beach (0.6 miles)
- The surf of Nauset Beach (4.7 miles)
- The Cape Cod Rail Trail bike path that goes from Provincetown to Falmouth (0.5 miles)
- A major supermarket and pharmacy (0.4 miles)
- The best coffee shop on Cape Cod (The Hot Chocolate Sparrow) (1.6 miles)
- Too many breakfast, lunch and dinner spots to name (within 1.6 miles)
- The unique shops of Orleans Center (1.6 miles)
- Fantastic ice cream (The Hot Chocolate Sparrow) (1.6 miles)
- The bike trails, hiking trails, freshwater swimming, freshwater fishing, and boat rentals of Nickerson State Park. Best of all, it's free to get in. (1.5 miles)
- Two championship golf courses at The Captain's Golf Course in Brewster (6.3 miles)
- The Wellfleet Drive-in Theatre/Wellfleet Cinema. The drive-in is a classic! (9 miles)
- The Wellfleet Flea Market at the Drive-in Theatre. (9 miles)
- The sport fishing fleet of Rock Harbor (1.6 miles)
- Bowling alley. Great for a break from the sun. (2 miles)
- Snow Library. Great for a break from the sun. (2 miles)
- Tennis courts. Wonderful courts for $5 rental at Eldredge Park (2 miles)
- Cape Cod Baseball League games at Eldredge Park. See some of the best college baseball players before they make it to the big leagues. Best of all it's free. (2 miles)
- Cape Cod Museum of Natural History in Brewster (8 miles)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Sep 6 2014 - Dec 31 2014
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
|Notes||$500 refundable security deposit is required.|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.