Magnificent country house close to all in Punta del Este but secluded from all too. All you hear are birds signing, all you see is wildlife and all you breathe is a fresh scent of the countryside. Once the main house for a large family of the farm owners. Now fully equipped to be a year round retreat! Cozy, spacious, extremely private (no neighbors in sight!), with pool, magnificent view of the lake 'Laguna del Diario', surrounded by pastures, horses, birds (teru-teru, Chaja, venteveo, swans, horneros), foxes, wild hares, etc.
Video 1of2 of El Angel at Granja Henderson:
Video 2of2 of El Angel at Granja Henderson:
See other houses at Granja Henderson:
El Angel at Granja Henderson: El Angel is the largest of the five available at 'Granja Henderson', an 111 acre farm in the heart of Punta del Este. It is the main house and sits on a 2.5 acre lot.
Every guest staying at Granja Henderson has complementary access to all the vegetables that are grown on site at the organic vegetable garden!
Wildlife is abundant here. It is amazing to be so close to Punta and be able to enjoy mother nature at its fullest without the noises, people, traffic, pollution associated with city life.
Here is a list of some wildlife that surrounds the Granja Henderson:
lots of birds (Chaja, tero teru, hornero, swans, benteveo, pirincho, picaflor, cotorra, golondrina, halconcito, gorrion, cuervillo, sabia, ratonera, picabuey, garza, calandria, carancho, carpintero, cisne, cuervo, viudita, paloma, tordo, zorzal, chimango, chingolo, churrinche, murcielago, picapalo, golondrinas, tijereta, gallineta),
Zorro, nutria, mulita, aperia, huron, liebre, zorillo, comadreja, guazu, aperea.
History: This was my mother's patch. Her childhood farm. Her parents acquired it in 1942. The place she grew up on. Where her whole family spent their holidays and weekends. Second home and until recently first one too. Originally a chicken farm, later a dairy, then a Quarter Horse breeding facility. Now, rental of cottages.
A little about the lake. Laguna del Diario is called thus because the horses that were used a great deal or on a daily basis for the garrison (colonial times) were allowed loose on the fields around the lake. The Sierra de la Ballena was hostile and they didn't climb up over it. So the daily horses were to be fetched from there. This is the translation for Diario. A diario means on a daily basis. All places in the countryside in Uruguay that are a Dead End are named Rincón. Thus the area where my father's farm was, was called Rincón del Diario. It is in disuse now, as another road has been built to access the area.
History - El Cisne: ''El Cisne'' was the first cottage built on the farm; 1943. The name came from the swans found on Laguna del Diario, in droves, lots of black necked swans swimming placidly on the lake. My grandfather lived here with my mother's family on weekends and holidays while he went building the rest of the farm. Being a civil engineer he knew what he was doing... and being extra-thorough of character he built with a sturdiness that people nowadays, when we recycle some building shake their heads in disbelief!
The pergola under which many outside lunches are enjoyed in the summer, with exuberant foliage, is purely purple flowers in spring. Quite a sight. Many a barbecue is cooked on the ''parrillero''.
Hace 14 años que tomamos nuestras vacaciones en la Granja Henderson. Es realmente fantastico este lugar. En el Angel, Granja Henderson podemos encontrar la libertad de movimiento para nuestros hijos. Ellos andan todo el dia en bicicleta libremente ya que esta cerrado. Podemos comer lechugas organicas, queso y diferentes productos que aqui se cultivan. Con Guillermo y Yanet al mando, uno jamas tiene un problema. Guillermo soluciona enseguida todo y lo mas importante, dan una enorme seguridad. Esperamos poder seguir viniendo a la Granja Henderson.
Mis niños se van con lagrimas en los ojos... hasta el olor de la casa llevan con ellos.
Other Activities: Shopping, Kayaking, Boating, Parasailing
Golf: 18. FARM ACTIVITY – This is an active farm. Personnel are working from early hours of the morning till late afternoon with a long lunch break and specially in hot summer days. You will hear farm tractor noises, lawn mowing machinery, etc. We try to minimize noises in the mornings so our guests can rest.
19. COTTAGES CONDITION – These are original 1940's farm cottages. There is NO Air Conditioning equipment apart from the warm winter fireplace. The summer heat is kept out by the excellent insulation of the thatched roof and the double brick walls.
20. FIREWORKS – Fireworks are NOT allowed
21. ORGANIC VEGETABLE GARDEN – One basket for a complementary vegetable picking
22. REMOTE GATE OPENER – Two Remote Main Gate Opener included
Ski: Rental Rules and Regulations
1. CHECK-IN 4 PM CHECK OUT 12 PM
2. NON SMOKING cottage
3. Small pets under 22lbs are permitted in rental cottages only with prior approval. All pets must be leashes at all times.
4. NO renters younger 25 years unless accompanied by an adult
5. DAMAGE DEPOSIT- A damage deposit of 20% rental is required
6. PAYMENT – An advance payment equal to 50% of the rental rate is required
7. CANCELLATIONS – A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- ten persons
9. Seven night charge required for peak season
10. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates includes 10.5% Uruguayan tax, 8% Inmobiliaria fee, electricity, water, gas, Satellite TV, WiFi Internet, wood, towels and linens, kitchen utensils and safe.
11. DAILY MAID CLEANING SERVICE – Is available for U$S 10 per hour
15. PARKING – Parking is limited to two (2) vehicles
17. FARM ANIMALS – Please stay away from all farm and wild animals and fom electical wire fences.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$69|
|Notes||High season require 7 night minimum stay unless last minute or in-between rentals.
Prices are all inclusive of 10.5% taxes, 8% real estate fee, electricity, water, etc.
US residents ONLY can purchase Property Damage Insurance:
http://www.propertydamageprotection.com/ and opt-out of 20% damage deposit.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.