Take a pristine single-story home with a retro feel and modernize it with newly remodeled kitchen and baths and some fresh contemporary touches and you have an inviting blend of comfort and style - the perfect setting for a family vacation or a couples' getaway.
This three-bedroom, two-bath home that sleeps 8 is located on a hillside on the outskirts of the quaint community of Pacific Grove, with its unique assortment of locally owned shops and restaurants and just a short walk to the ocean and the dunes of Asilomar Beach. Monterey and Carmel are just a 5 to 10-minute drive away.
Upon your arrival you will be greeted by complementary hors d'oeuvres and a bottle of wine or sparkling cider (upon request), day passes from the renowned Spa on the Plaza in downtown Monterey, Scheid Wine tasting room passes in downtown Carmel and a basket of local information. An assigned concierge vacation house manager is at your disposal to assist you during your stay. We have also provided spa amenities in the bathrooms, plush spa bathrobes, over-sized towels and beach gear.
Walk up a stone tile pathway alongside a large front yard planted in native plants including lavender, rosemary, potato vine and poppies and enter the freshly painted buckskin-colored house through a deep-red door framed in mottled glass. A short entry leads to a combined living/dining room, featuring sand-colored wall-to-wall carpeting and a white brick gas fireplace. Beautiful flowering plants can be seen through all the windows. A sophisticated palette of muted-blues, aqua, sand and shades of brown weaves throughout the dwelling. Living room furnishings include a taupe sleeper sofa that converts to a queen bed, comfortable seating, dining table and chairs, a 46' HDTV and BluRay DVD player and a bookcase full of great reading. Six can be seated at the dark walnut dining table. Prints of the owner-artist's work are hung throughout the house, including scenes of Paris shops and families at the seashore.
A pass-through bar with two stools where you can eat casual meals divides the dining room and the well-appointed and newly remodeled kitchen, which features birch cabinets, granite counter tops, a side-by-side refrigerator, electric range, microwave and dishwasher. Cookware, dishes, table linens and everything you need for preparing and serving delicious gourmet meals is provided.
Leaving the living room through sliding glass doors, you will step out on to a patio surrounded with flowering plants. There is a table and chairs and a gas BBQ for al fresco dining.
The three bedrooms all have sand-colored wall-to-wall carpeting. The master, with its aqua, brown, red and coral palette, has a king bed appointed with luxury linens that can convert to twins. It also has a 42' HDTV with BluRay DVD player. There is a walk-in closet and a dresser. The elegant remodeled master bath has granite counter tops and a large stone-tiled shower.
A second bedroom, in a similar color scheme, also has a king bed with luxury linens that convert to twins. Sliding glass doors open to a small vine-covered enclosed patio with a bistro table and two chairs where you can enjoy your morning coffee and a Danish.
A third bedroom also has a king bed with plush linens that can become 2 twins.
A second remodeled bathroom with the same granite counter tops and tiling as the master has a shower over a tub.
This is a pet friendly home. Parking is available in a double car garage, in the driveway and on the street.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
* Not available for rent by the month.
* 10% City transient occupancy tax applicable to rent, cleaning, pet and amenity fees.
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent depending on number of guests including infants and children: $250 to $275.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with our Vacation House Manager assigned to the rental at the rate of $25/hour per housekeeper. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Rates are based on up to 6 guests, including infants and children. Add $25 per night for each additional guest. NO MORE THAN 8 GUESTS ALLOWED.
* Pet Fees: $100 each large dog (1 dog); $150 two small dogs; if arranged after acceptance of contract, contract must be amended to adjust price.
* Accidental Loss and Damage Waiver $55 instead of security deposit (covers up to $1,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full and credit card is on file for security against damages.
* 2 night rentals are subject to owner's approval.
* Ask about Last-Minute Specials!! Save $75 per night depending on number of guests, if booked within 7 days of arrival, subject to owner's approval. “Minimum night stays” can also be waived for Last Minute Specials.'