Misleading Apartment Description
Submitted: May 5, 2013
Stayed: April 2013
First off, the reviews "by owner" and by "Veronica V" suspiciously appeared days after we had called out the property manager for the misleading apartment description. They both coincidentally try to discredit each one of our concerns. Here are the issues:
1) "Sophisticated 1300 Square foot, one-floor flat" - The livable space on the main floor is only about 800-900 sq feet. The other 300-400 sq feet is a dark, dingy and unkept downstairs basement where the washer and dryer are, and not exactly a place you will want to spend any time despite the description of it being a "windowless lounge." There is an ant problem in the apartment, the floors (kitchen) are filthy, and "sophisticated" and "modern" are very misleading words used to describe this apartment.
2) "Huge private outdoor space/patio/deck/garden with 10 garden chairs" - This is far from a "garden" and there is rotting wood, trash and junk items littered all about. Again, likely not a place you will want to spend much time.
3) "Modern Baths" - They are far from modern and the shower and 2nd bathroom sink literally do not drain.
4) Locked thermostat - When we arrived the thermostat was set to 85 and the property manager didn't adjust it for 2 days. Once he did, he set it to 75, which was still incredibly hot. They refuse to allow renters the ability to control their own temperature settings.
5) "Refundable Security Deposit" - Owner/manager will make you pay the 3% Paypal fees on receiving this back, which is not standard.
Positives: Comfortable beds/linen. Two incredible restaurants in area (Peaches, Saraghina). Close to A Train.
Helpful votes: 1/1
Did you find this review helpful?