Excellent location in the popular Woodlands development!
The skiing, hiking, mountain biking and other activities of 'Mammoth Mountain' are easily accessible - the free town shuttle stops outside the development for the short journey to the chairlifts and gondolas of Eagle Lodge (1.3mi), the Village (1.8mi), Canyon Lodge (2.4mi) and Main Lodge (5.8mi). Check out www.visitmammoth.com/about-mammoth/transportation/ for the summer and winter local transit maps (Woodlands is Stop 5)
For bars, restaurants and the supermarket Vons, easier still, it's only a 5 minute walk down Chateau Road to the town center (0.5mi to Vons).
The townhouse is large and spacious. Also very quiet - no-one above or below and only one adjoining wall.
Open plan living area with extra high cathedral ceilings upstairs. Three bedrooms downstairs, with an en suite off the master bedroom and a second bathroom. Third bathroom off the landing upstairs.
The living area has a 40'' HD TV (cable, including HBO), DVD player, stereo (CDs, iphone/ipod docking station, radio), and a pellet stove to keep you warm and snug in winter. There's also a Wii, board games and a few books for the days in. Additional 32'' HD TVs and DVD players in the master bedroom and third bedroom.
Off the living area is a large south facing deck which gets plenty of sun, with deck chairs, table and gas bbq.
The kitchen is fully equipped (all utensils, crockery, dishwasher, garbage disposal etc) and is stocked with a range of condiments and spices. Cookbooks are on the bookcase in case you're in need of inspiration.
HOT TUB AND POOL
The development has a heated communal pool with covered hot tub. Check out the pictures below.
A mobile hotspot is provided for free internet access. Until 'project digital395' is completed in late 2013 Mammoth's broadband capacity is currently maxed out, so the unit has the hotspot until then.
If you need any ski lessons, advanced or novice, I can recommend my brother Andrew who works as a ski instructor for the mountain. Check out his webpage at www.kiwiski.net. A totally unbiased recommendation of course...:-)
Beside the winter skiing, the Mammoth Lakes area has lots to offer throughout the year. Some of our favorites are:
- Hot Creek, a naturally formed open air bathing pool in volcanic mineral water ;-), a short drive out of town;
- Bodie, a real ghost town from the Californian gold rush (snowed in over winter);
- Lee Vining, a little 'truck stop' up the 395 with live music over the summer;
- Convict Lake and June Jake, picturesque fishing spots;
- Mammoth Brewery, micro brewery with tasting room in town.
Cleaning Fee: $125.00 (fresh towels and linens provided; no daily maid service)
Damage Insurance Fee: $50
Mammoth Lakes Occupancy Tax: 13%
Weekend nights: Friday and Saturday
Check-in 4pm, Check-out 10am
Maximum Occupancy: 8 persons
No Smokers, No Pets
- Reservations within two months of arrival: payment due in full.
- Reservations more than two months prior to arrival: 50% due upon booking and remaining balance due two months prior to arrival.
- Accepted forms of payment: PayPal, bank transfer.
- Booking not secure until requested funds have been received.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations two months or more before your arrival date are fully refundable. Cancellations within two months of your arrival date are not refundable unless owners exercise discretion to do so.