|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
•••• www.RockReachHouse.com ••••
This one-of-a-kind home was built in 2009 and was featured in the April 2010 Dwell magazine. Each room offers large sliding glass doors that lead out to decks and patios for a marvelous indoor/outdoor living experience. Top-of-the-line appliances, DirecTV and satellite Internet service featured.
The house sits amidst a jumble of fantastically weathered granite boulders in a national park-like setting in the private community of Rock Reach in the Town of Yucca Valley. Taken together, the house and the setting offer a high desert escape second to none.
- Secluded four-person Jacuzzi-brand hot tub
- Cool dip “cowboy” tub
- Private outdoor shower (in addition to indoor shower)
- Outdoor fireplace (with free firewood)
- Yoga platform/ outdoor sleeping deck
- Picnic table
- Large steel deck with propane grill
- DirecTV service
- 60' HD TV with sound bar and powered subwoofer
- Two California king beds
- Two folding luggage racks
- Full kitchen with all new stainless steel appliances
- Stocked utensils, cookware and prep tools in the kitchen
- Stocked towels, hand soap and TP in the bathroom
- Various books and games in the living room
- Electric forced-air heating and cooling system
- Two-car carport
- Electric car charger
• DOGS - If you're interested in bringing to your dog to Rock Reach House please review these guidelines: www.RockReachHouse.com/dogs
• EVENTS - If you're interested in having an event at Rock Reach House please review the events guidelines: www.RockReachHouse.com/events
• PHOTO SHOOTS - If you're interested in having a photo shoot at Rock Reach House please review the guidelines by visiting www.RockReachHouse.com/photoshoots
• ORPHANED NIGHT DISCOUNT - Occasionally there is an open single night between two other reservations. I am willing to rent these single orphaned nights at a discounted rate. A two-night minimum applies to all other reservations.
• HOMESTEAD MODERN NO. 1 - If the dates you want are booked at Rock Reach House we invite you to look at our newest rental — Homestead Modern No. 1 in nearby Pioneertown. http://www.vrbo.com/3845040ha
• Why the Owner Chose Yucca Valley: I fell in love with this unbelievable property when I discovered it in 2003. After I bought it I struggled to figure out how to build a small, sustainable home on the property without destroying the very attributes that drew me to the property. That's what led me to what is now the Blue Sky Building System that lets homes sit very lightly on the land. This house demonstrates an entirely new way of building using this revolutionary light-gauge steel frame and a number of other advanced materials and methods. There is no wood in the house except cabinets and a couple of interior doors.
• The Unique Benefits of this House: Although this home is less than an hour and a half from the heart of Los Angeles it feels as if it is on the other side of the moon. There is a profound sense of seclusion and connection to nature in this spectacular setting. I very much enjoy sitting outside and being part of the remarkable nature. I also enjoy sitting in the cowboy soak tub after long hikes in the vast surrounding Mojave desert. I feel like I am in my own private national park.
• The cancellation policy is as follows: The renter is entitled to a 50% refund up until 30 days prior to arrival, except fees. Due to high demand for Rock Reach House if the renter cancels less than 30 days in advance, the nightly rate for the nights not spent are not refunded. If the renter arrives and decides to leave early, the nightly rate for the nights not spent are not refunded. The cleaning fee and taxes will always be refunded if the renter did not check in. If the renter booked more than 60 days in advance, a $300 deposit holds the reservation until the remainder is due in full 60 days prior to arrival. Cancellations made more than 60 days in advance are subject to only the $300 deposit not being refunded. All service fees are non-refundable.
• HOUSE RULES
[1.] The number of people who may be at the property at any one time is the same number of renters stated on the reservation confirmation. In other words – no non-renting guests are permitted. If you would like to invite guests over for drinks or dinner you must receive permission ahead of time from the owner. No more than two cars are allowed on the property at a time without permission. Cars may only be parked in designated parking areas – never alongside the roads/drives. If the renter wants to seek permission to vary from any of these occupancy and/or parking requirements you must receive permission ahead of time from the owner.
[2.] The lease begins at 3 p.m. on the check-in date and ends at 11 a.m. on the check-out date (unless other times are approved in writing by the owner).
[3.] Dogs may be allowed but the renter must first contact the owner for a discussion. We understand that many people do not want to leave their dogs behind when they go on vacation. We are open to having dogs stay at Rock Reach House so long as their owners are sensitive to and understand some basic issues.
-Inside the House-
Unlike a hotel with many “units” we have only one unit we can rent at any one time. If that unit is damaged or soiled we are unable to rent the unit to the next guests until repairs or cleaning can be completed. And often we have back-to-back guests – one group checking out by 11 am and another group checking in by 3 pm the same day – thus no time in which to complete anything other than standard cleaning.
Using their own sheets or other protective coverings, dog owners should always cover any place where their dog may elect to lie down (other than the bare concrete floors). We are not equipped to shampoo furniture or rugs or dry clean bedding when fast turnarounds are so common.
-Outside the House-
Dogs should at all times be kept on leash. Dog owners should immediately pick up after their dogs and deposit the waste in a plastic bag that is placed in storage cupboard #1 at the carport.
Finally dog owners should understand that we will not hesitate to deduct as needed from their house deposit to cover any cleaning or repairs necessitated by the presence of their pets.
[4.] An illegal or abusive use of Rock Reach House’s Internet access is not allowed. Please review the full details on page 27 of the PDF at www.RockReachHouse.com/pdf
[5.] No photo shoots allowed without written permission from the owner. If you're interested in having a photo shoot at Rock Reach House please review the photo shoots guidelines at www.RockReachHouse.com/photoshoots
[6.] Special events such as weddings and parties are not permitted without written permission from the owner. If you're interested in having an event please review the events guidelines at www.RockReachHouse.com/events
[7.] The guest shall allow the owner (or his designee) access to the property for purposes of repairs and inspection if required. The owner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
[8.] If for any reason beyond the control of the owner the house is unavailable the owner may cancel the rental agreement and a full refund of all fees paid will be made to the guest.
[9.] Smoking is not allowed inside the house or within 15 feet of any open door.
[10.] The owner may withhold all or part of the deposit if any of the house rules are broken. Cause for withholding deposit funds include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Damage to the premises or contents
• Missing items requiring replacement (including keys)
• Excessive cleaning required
• Lingering smell of tobacco smoke
• Charges for mailing personal items left behind
• Evidence of more persons using the property than were authorized
• Unauthorized late check out
I started my professional life as a print journalist, eventually serving in a variety of corporate PR and marketing executive roles. As a Southern California native I have long had a passion for the deserts of California -- especially the Mojave Desert. That passion led me to buy this property and that in turn changed my life as I set out to find a way to build on this land without destroying it. When I found the solution to that problem I also found a whole new professional calling. Now I'm a passionate evangelist helping others build more efficiently and sustainably through my company, Blue Sky Building Systems.
Dave McAdam purchased this house in 2009
I fell in love with this unbelievable property when I discovered it in 2003. After I bought it I struggled to figure out how to build a small, sustainable home on the property without destroying the very attributes that drew me to the property. That's what led me to what is now the Blue Sky Building System that lets homes sit very lightly on the land. This house demonstrates an entirely new way of building using this revolutionary light-gauge steel frame and a number of other advanced materials and methods. There is no wood in the house except cabinets and a couple of interior doors.
We LOVED everything about the house! Every detail was appreciated...my friend was freaking out over the Heath Ceramics :)
I can just tell you that you couldn't have had girls that truly appreciated and loved the house more than us! We really enjoyed looking at the stars out on the porch, drinking a beer in the soak tub and the having speakers play music throughout was magical! I'm sure you haven't been to the house, but we left a thank you note and a succulent, it was just prefect and we are so glad you decided to share this home with us! It was very very well stocked for a rental and that made it feel like home! The style was us in a nutshell!
Thank you Dave!!! I hope you get more renters who love it as much as we do!
Sorry it's taken so long to write this review. We eloped to Rock Reach in Sept 2013 and got married at sunset at the top of the hill near the house and it was utterly magical. Couldn't recommend the house more highly as a romantic getaway. Thanks to David for his brilliant info helping to find a wonderful caterer (Amanda down in Joshua Tree - fabulous!) - it was a fabulous trip and wedding to remember.
This home was spectacular! The view was amazing, the architecture is one of a kind, and the our needs were met. I would love to return here again.
I eloped at the Rock Reach House and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. The location was perfectly serene, the house was spectacular, the hot tub was a dream, and the outdoor shower was a special treat. I could not have asked for a better backdrop to my big day. The owner David is impressive: knowledgable, accessible, accommodating, and a crazy good eye for detail and design.
My boyfriend and I found this house for a relaxing weekend getaway and unexpectedly had one of the best vacations either of us could remember. Between the cowboy soak tub, outdoor shower, mesmerizing landscape, and outstanding cooking facilities, our stay WAS relaxing, but also full of fun surprises and the sense of escape. The location is to die for and the house is perfectly furnished to make guests feel right at home without being overwhelmed with "stuff." It is worth a trip just to see the architecture and design. Everything is beautifully done and it didn't hurt that the owner was a joy to communicate with. We are from Northern California, but we will definitely be coming back soon!!!
My husband and I wanted to see the house that had been featured in Dwell magazine as we are considering this kind of home for ourselves. We wanted to see how this kind of home could be considered and exactly what that would mean for us. The owner was only too happy to describe his journey into the creation of this incredible space. Many of the other comments have described how wonderful the house is to visit as a special accommodation in the desert, how well appointed it is, close to the boulders and sky, inserted into the natural world in a way that does not separate you from it. Rock Reach was an indelible experience for us. I couldn't agree more with the other visitors.
We had a wonderful stay in Rock Reach! The home had everything we could want including flashlights at bedside tables for those beautiful dark desert nights! Spacious bedrooms with great light and storage, fully stocked kitchen and a very comfortable living area to enjoy the desert views. The hot tub is just a slight walk beyond the gate behind the home and is a very secluded and a beautifully lit space. We especially enjoyed an evening fire in the outside fireplace. The home is wonderfully secluded- but only a short drive to a main road- the drive makes you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere- which just added to our get-a-way experience. The owner is great with directions, correspondence and has built an environmentally conscious home- worth going back to again and again. Worth the trip is Harriet and Pappy's just a short drive for music and fun and Noah Purifoy's 7.5 acre art assemblage...The home is not far from Joshua Tree, outlet mall (if you're inclined) and Palm Springs. Cant wait to visit again-
55798 Acoma Terrace Trail, Yucca Valley 92284.
*Please note that this address does not appear in most GPS mapping programs.
These coordinates can be entered into many navigation systems and can be entered into Google Maps
( http://maps.google.com ).
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
|Notes||Cancellation Policy: The renter is entitled to a 50% refund up until 30 days prior to arrival, except fees. If the renter cancels less than 30 days in advance, the nightly rate for the nights not spent are not refunded.|