|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
SUNNY 3bedroom 2.5 marbled bath home master bath w/ jetted tub/dbl showerheads/seperate steam shower w/sitting bench 2nd bedroom w/big bay window/reading/sitting area 12 ft ceilings 2nd marble bath w/jetted tub/dbl shower heads 3rd bedroom with large window baywindow in kitchen w/granite countertops, gas cook top, electric oven, huge kitchenAid fridg w/icemaker, tall ceilings, hardwood floors thruout, skylight, 2 gas fireplaces, bedroom ceiling fans,
WALK to the National Gallery, Air and Space, Indian, U.S. Captiol, Library of Congress, U.S.Botanical Gardens
rent bikes at Union Station great way to visit national mall/museums!!! HIKE the National Arboretum--take metro to the Zoo bike to the wharf on potomac river (fresh seafood)
horseback ride in Rock Creek Park
Keywords: spacious, contemporary,
like using vrbo to rent my vacation homes and to rent other vrbo homes when traveling
The Owner purchased this townhome in 1998
Location, location, location. metrorail, amtrack, dca etc access
Space, Sunny, Comfort, Luxury, walkability
The owner was very helpful with some last minute questions we had for him. The home was clean and comfortable. My only complaint was the lack of towel racks in the bathrooms and it would have been nice to have the big TV set up in the living room rather than one of the bedrooms. But other than that it was a great place to rent and I would recommend it.
We were happy to see that the listing description and pictures were accurate, as well as the reviews we read about the property. The place was clean and spacious. As a family of 6, we had plenty of room to spread out. We especially loved being able to park the car and walk everywhere, from the Capitol Building to the Smithsonian's, to Union Station, to coffee houses, and to a wonderful grocery store. We would recommend this to a friend and would stay there again on a return visit.
- Close to Union Station for Metro and for a Cab Stand (Union Station has easy access to a Starbucks on the Lobby Level, Einstein Bagels, and good sandwiches at Potbelly's).
- Close enough to Union Station, Capitol Hill, DC Landmarks, etc. so all Cab rides for the weekend were inexpensive, no need for a rental car.
- Close (2 blocks) to full-offering Giant Grocery Store at 3rd St and H St NE, Very convenient.
- Safe Neighborhood, we walked after dark to/from Metro Station and to/from Giant Grocery Store.
- Spacious house, 1 King Bedroom (Master), 2 Queen Bedrooms all upstairs. Open Family Room downstairs.
- Well-equipped designer Kitchen.
- Owner Jeff was responsive during our stay.
Cons: Nothing major, but...
- There was no TV in the downstairs family room, just a flatscreen (very good sized) in 2 of the 3 bedrooms. Cable outlet downstairs, maybe the downstairs TV was being repaired/replaced.
- Lastly, not major, but the blinds in the Master Bedroom were only marginally effective in keeping out Mr. Sun when he was rising in the mornings :-)
Thanks Jeff. We'll definitely look for your listing and try to stay here again on a future trip to DC...
We were six relatives coming to DC to visit with each other and to see the sites. The location of this property is outstanding. Everything we needed... transportation, grocery store, restaurants... was within a couple of blocks. The pictures presented the rental accurately and having a parking spot on site was very convenient. Jeff was very receptive to our needs and was able to accommodate us after a medical situation. I would definitely recommend this rental and would stay here again myself.
We enjoyed our stay at Jeff's townhouse on Capitol Hill. The location was excellent. Easy walk to Union Station, restaurants, and grocery stores. It is comfortable and adequately furnished but did need some attention to detail. The front and back entrances had not been cared for, the windows were dirty and several blinds were broken and did not work properly.
The kitchen and bathrooms were very clean and well stocked but a little confusing to figure out how everything worked. The towels we found to use were very old and shabby.
A fantastic location for a weekend in DC. We parked the car and did not use it at all. A very nice neighbourhood. Some small grocers nearby for the things we forgot.
Walking distance to the Capitol, the mall, the White House and the museums.
The town house was exactly as advertized - spacious and clean. The kitchen was fully equiped. The owner was nearby and helpful.
We'd recommend this townhouse to our friends.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Mar 22 2015 - Apr 13 2015
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$49|
|parking 20/nt each car||$20|
|cleaning fee||$150 + Tax|
150.00 cleaning fee
49.00 security insur fee (no security deposit)
cancel 60days prior to arrival 100% refund 30- days no refund 6-persons
parking 20/nt each car -2 spaces available
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.