|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
BENVENUTI A ROMA E NELLA NOSTRA CASA!
• Central: 2.7 miles walking distance from both Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. 10 min to Colosseum by direct Metro B line from nearby Piazza Bologna.
• Our apartment (1300 sq ft) is very bright with natural light with luxury finishes and furnishings. On the 5th Floor, reached by elevator.
• We also offer all inclusive private TOURS from our two villas north of Rome, Tuscany/Umbria border: Please refer to our site at leterrae . com
• Our apartment in Rome is entirely floored with hand painted majolica and hardwood, the floor plan of our Rome apartment includes a large entry, living room with balcony, master bedroom (king size bed), second bedroom (2 twin beds), and two bathrooms. • The kitchen is fully equipped with a large refrigerator, gas stove, oven and dishwasher. The large and light-filled living room has comfortable furniture. • A nice balcony off the living room is ideal for a quiet break at the end of the day.
SPECIAL: Split your stay of 7 or more days with our villa, property #115470
The warmth of a home, Not your typical rental: • The apartment has been in our family and well loved since it was built in the early 1950s.
• Discover Rome the way the locals see and experience it: In a typical Roman neighborhood in the unique and desirable area of Piazza Bologna, central and well connected, yet still functional for the daily needs of its residents; with grocery stores, post offices and markets, all within easy reach. Renting an apartment further in, in the historical center, overrun by tourism and offices, might defeat the whole purpose of staying in a private home. Having a kitchen without easy access to groceries or the use of an elevator to carry it upstairs, might prove less than ideal. Being able to return to quiet surroundings at the end of a busy sightseeing day is what makes it feel like home.
One more reason to choose this apartment: • The Best of two Worlds: All the availability and ease of communication offered by rental agencies based in the US, plus the knowledge and personal touch of dealing directly with the owners: The owners are two siblings, one lives in Italy, and one in the US. You can count on a direct contact and point of reference with one of us both prior and during your trip! Ciao : )
Exploring the Roman environs: Two ways to explore the Region around Rome:
1) The apartment is conveniently located at 0.6 miles from the Tiburtina train Station + the Piazzale Tiburtino Bus Terminal: From there you can reach many destinations in a short time. Assisi, Spoleto, Siena, Arezzo, Florence, Pompeii, Naples are all easy day trips. Feeling like tasting the roman wines of Castelli Romani (the hill towns to the East of the city)? Get to the Termini train Station (a 5 min underground ride from Piazza Bologna) and catch one of the trains for Frascati, famous for its light white wines and restaurants. We also highly recommend a visit to the coast and the ancient Roman harbor of Ostia Antica and/or a visit of Tivoli and its marvelous Hadrian Villa and Villa d'Este. All of these destinations are very easily reached by public transportation.
2) In for a real taste of the Roman Countryside and the Etruscans? Divide your stay between our Rome apartment and our Countryside Villa - property #115470 on HomeAway.
We are two sisters. Anna lives in the US, and Alessandra in Italy.
We rent directly our family properties: We both speak English, and you can direct your questions to either one of us, both prior to your trip, and during your stay.
In addition to this apartment in Rome we also rent our countryside villas at the boundary between Umbria and Tuscia. Please check our other listings: HomeAway #115470 and ##3495425
Anna purchased this apartment in 1950
The apartment has been in our family and well loved since it was built in the early 1950s.
All the availability and ease of communication offered by rental agencies based in the US, plus the knowledge and personal touch of dealing directly with the owners.
Looking forward to meeting you. Ciao!
Anna e Alessandra
"A comfortable retreat in a bustling city"
We (couple, child and grandparent) stayed four nights in this wonderful apartment in a lovely residential neighborhood and quickly came to feel like it was our private oasis in an otherwise bustling city. From the very first contact, the sisters (one in us, one in Rome) who provide the apartment were helpful, giving us lots of information and making the process quite simple.
We were met at the apartment after a quick and inexpensive cab ride from the main Rome train station by alessandra, who showed us around the apartment, explained all of the systems, keys, etc, and made us feel very welcome, including a gift of local wine and pastries!
The apartment has two bedrooms that easily slept the four of us, with a living/dining room, a sizable, traditional, eat-in kitchen, and a full bathroom, complete with washing machine. The entire place is decorated in typical Roman style and feels comfortable and homey, but with important modern amenities like fast, wireless Internet access. Our favorite spot was the balcony with a table and comfortable chairs where we ate breakfast each day and enjoyed the summer's evenings with a drink to unwind after our days of sightseeing.
The apartment is quite close to stores, restaurants and cafés and is just about a 10 minute walk to the closest Metro station, Bologna. There were a few small grocery stores that sold all we needed to cook at home a few times, and take-away pizza and other treats were close-by as well.
This apartment is a perfect spot away from the hordes of tourists, where you feel much more a part of a Roman neighborhood. It is quiet and private, yet just minutes away from the excitement of Rome. Perfect for couples or families.
Staying at the Nomentano apartment in Rome was a delight. The apartment is elegant, roomy and inviting. We hoped to stay in a real neighborhood in Rome and our wish was granted. The apartment is close to the bus and within walking distance of the metro station for access to the center of Rome.
We enjoyed meals at local restaurants particularly the Soso restaurant which is right next door . We also bought our own groceries and prepared lovely summer meals in the kitchen which became one of our favorite spots in the home.
The charm of the apartment was only surpassed by the warmth and attentiveness of the owners Anna and Alessandra
who treated us like family. We could not have enjoyed our stay more.
A perfect place for a Roman holiday. My wife, daughter and I had a fantastic time exploring Rome for the first time. The apartment met all expectations – clean, comfortable and welcoming. We agree with café recommendation. Best cappuccino and most friendly owners. We will recommend the apartment to others and hope to return in the near future.
I think the endearing quality of this property is that much of the original decor has been left in place. Many rental properties can feel like sterilized hotel rooms. Here it feels like the owner just "stepped out" for a weekend and asked us to look after the place for him or her. It is clean, spacious, and well appointed, but many properties are like that. What sets this unit apart is that it has charm.
We stayed in the apartment for one week in September. It is a very nice apartment in a pleasant neighborhood not far from the center of Rome. From the Metro station at Stazione Termini, it is only two stations to the Bologna Station, where there is a short walk to the apartment. The apartment, as advertized, is very spacious with a large living and dining area, and the apartment has been very well maintained. It has a balcony off the living area for meals and drinks. The two bedrooms are large, as are the two bathrooms. The kitchen is also large, well equipped, and has a small dining(breakfast) space. Restaurants and shopping are located near by. The owners were very helpful at providing information about where to eat and shop. We enjoyed our stay very much, would recommend it without reservation, and would return when visiting Rome in the future.
Richard & Bettina Willson
We fell in love with Roma while staying here! This apartment was so nice, so much better than staying in a hotel. We loved going down to the market to buy snacks and breakfast, and walking over to the caffe for espresso, cappuccino and caffe latte! We left here hoping we would be back some day. Thank you Alessandra and Anna for renting us your wonderful apartment!
Grazie mille, piacere, a piu tardi.
-Becky, Kate, Kaylie and Joe
(San Diego, CA, U.S.A.)
Anna and Alessandra, this was our first time in Rome & your place was perfect for us. We were able to come & go easily & all four of us spread out while we were here. Sergio was a great guy & most our dinners a special experience. Thanks for opening your house to us.
• Our apartment is located in the central and desirable Quartiere Nomentano - Piazza Bologna, one of the neighborhoods immediately outside the old city walls. It is as close as you can get to the historic center while preserving the character of an authentic Roma neighborhood. Our area is sought after and very desirable to locals.
• 10 minutes to Colosseum + Spanish Steps from nearby Bologna METRO Station.
• Bus 61 (connecting to Piazza Barberini/ Spanish Steps) around the corner.
• An area particularly calm and quiet, but within easy reach from all of the destinations of Rome.
• In our neighborhood you will find many small shops, supermarkets and open-air markets.
• Monuments at few minutes distance: Start the morning jogging in the neighborhood park of Villa Torlonia, or with a visit to the catacombs of Saint Agnes or the Roman polychrome mosaics of Saint. Costanza.
• Close to the Tiburtina Station and Bus terminal for easy day trips to Florence or Siena.
• But how far are we from the main sites?
We are at 2.7 miles walking distance from both the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain. So, yes, you can reach the historic center on foot, if you choose to. But either bus or metro subway access are available too.
Other Activities: Shopping
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $20 per night, per additional guest|
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
The prices quoted are intended for up to 2 persons.
Each additional person after the first 2: 20$/night
Cleaning fee: $45
Learn more about this vacation rental at the manager's website: