If you're looking for a vacation away from crowds, noise and street lights, the Hilltop may be your answer. The cabin is located on a slight hill on 10 acres of hardwoods overlooking Lake Noquebay. The Hilltop is the only cabin on this property.
The surrounding woods are home to red fox, deer, porqupine, black bear, bald eagles, pileated woodpeckers and more critters. The 'backyard' is a natural nature retreat and exploration grounds.
The 500 feet of private shoreline has a grassy beach area. The shoreline is sandy and the water is ankle deep. Lake Noquebay is 2400 acres huge (about 1 mile by 3 miles) and has panfish, muskie, bass, northern pike and walleye. A lake map is at the cabin. A paddle boat is available for your usage and the public boat launch for your boat is 3 miles away.
The 1061 sq. ft. log sided cabin was originally built in 1978 and completely remodeled in 2001. The walls are all tongue-in-groove pine and carpeted except the kitchen and bathroom. The bathroom contains a handicapped shower.
For those with children, we encourage you to let them explore nature and develop a love and respect for it. There are many nature books in the cabin. For the adults, we encourage you to look at nature through a child's eyes. Enjoy the wildflowers, bugs, birds, snakes and frogs.
Marinette County is the 3rd largest county in Wisconsin and has 12 waterfalls. It is home to 22 county park systems which offer picnic areas, hiking, fishing, playgrounds and swimming, 9 golf courses, a disk golf park, and 6 local museums, including The Peshtigo Fire Museum.
In the nearby villages of Crivitz and Wausaukee, you'll find all that you need-grocery stores, banks, shops, antiques, restaurants, laundromats, bait shops and gas.
There is a 'brochure basket' in the cabin which has more information on rafting, horseback riding, water ski shows and more 'to do'.
In general, the Hilltop is a secluded get-away on 10 private acres for people and families who want nature, time outside and quiet. However, civilization is not far away and offers a host of new adventures for you. Yes, there is a night light.
Keywords: lake frontage, fishing, nature oriented, secluded, quiet
My husband and I own a cabin at the end of the 2 mile long driveway. We spend about 60% of our time here fishing, hunting, reading, gardening and plain old sittin' back-the other 40% is spent at our home in Sheboygan county. Our oldest daughter and her husband live up the driveway and both work in Crivitz. If a need arises while you're vacationing, there's usually someone available 24/7.
We had looked at properties on other lakes and didn't like how the houses were crammed in. Thankfully through friends, we heard about our property in 1974. 'Hilltop' was originally owned by my father from 2000-2002 at which time we inherited it. Since we enjoyed the north shore, space and purity, we decided to share our good fortune with others and use the Hilltop as a rental. Personally, I have many fond memories of 'going up north' with my family as a child and just want to provide that same opportunity for others.
I love watching the eagles. There are 2 nests-one is right off the driveway (Harold and Maude) and the other is behind our house ( Dragwood and Blondie). Whether they are perched in a tree watching the activity on the lake, gliding on the wind, teaching their young to fly or making goo goo eyes at each other during mating season, they are regal.
The cabin itself is 'basic'. Extremely comfortable and warm, but uncluttered with electronics. During your stay, enjoy using your 5 senses at a slower pace.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.