Palm Springs House Rental Photos and Description
3 BR Designer Salt-Water Pool Home, Best Value (Sleeps 8)
This popular vacation home sits on a 0.3 acre lot on a well-cared-for, quiet, and wind-free block in a safe, desirable Southern desert neighborhood called Cathedral City Cove. This home has been completely remodeled to high standards.
Refreshing Pool and Spa:
* Salt Water (which is barely detectable), reduces chlorine damage to hair, skin, and eyes
* Hip and energy-efficient Multi-Color LED lighting system makes evening happy hour and late night swims especially enjoyable
* Computerized pool automation system: use your iPhone or Android phone to turn the spa on while still on the 18th hole.
* 6 comfortable, modern, padded chaise lounges
* Pool floats/toys
* Large hammock and 3 Seat Swing
* Newer stainless steel BBQ that uses natural gas (no more untimely empty propane tanks) with a great infrared searing feature
* Outdoor Ping Pong Table
* Natural Gas Fire Pit
Open floor plan for comfortable indoor/outdoor living:
* Outdoor Living Room Set-up
* Indoor Living Room features comfortable seating for 8 around the 50 inch HDTV and a modern fire-glass fireplace
* Premium movie and sports channels including HBO, Starz, Showtime, Sports
* HD-DVR so you won't miss your favorite shows while enjoying the desert attractions
* Bluray/DVD player with very good DVD movie library and streaming internet
* iPod/iPhone player/charger
* Telephone w/free long distance to U.S. and Canada, and a library of books and board games rounds out this well equipped space
4 comfortable sleeping areas for a total of 8 people:
* Large Master Suite features luxurious leather King bed, en suite bathroom, a private media room w/loveseat, desk, and large HDTV over a romantic fireplace. Also, there's easy access to the heated outdoor spa
* Bedroom 2 has Queen bed, large HDTV and its own private South patio
* Bedroom 3 has Two Twin XL beds which can be joined as a second comfortable King bed
* High-end, comfortable (Tempurpedic mattress) Full-sized sofa sleeper in the Living Room makes a comfortable 4th sleeping area
* Ceiling fans on dimmers and iHomes in each room
* High quality mattresses, allergy-free down comforters (and alternatives), and natural or organic, high thread count cotton linens, a selection of pillows including allergy-free down, soft, medium, firm, and memory foam.
Both bathrooms have been tastefully upgraded with an eco/modern style:
* Quality biodegradable shampoo, body wash and soap
* Towels provided for bath and pool
* Indoor & outdoor dining areas
* High-end appliances: GE Profile dual-fuel range, Bosch dishwasher, etc.
* Huge assortment of small appliances: microwave, convection toaster oven, blender, toaster, bean grinder, auto coffee maker, french press, juicer, rotating waffle iron
* Basic Food Supply: Organic Olive Oil, spices, Organic Fair Trade Coffee Beans, plus other basics
* Quality Pots and Pans, dishes, glassware, utensils, platters, and everything else you need to easily create gourmet meals and serve them with style - inside or out
* High speed, broadband Wi-Fi reaches throughout the house and pool area
* CloudPrint/AirPrint-compatible printer for work, boarding passes, directions/maps, etc.
Green Living: we've incorporate dozens of sustainable/green, healthy, and energy-efficient features throughout the property.
This home is dog-friendly (modest add'l cleaning fee required) for well-behaved pooches. We're sorry about having a no cat policy, many of our guests have allergies.
If this house is booked or if you need a larger house we also have a 4BR home in the same great neighborhood: http://www.VRBO.com/327154 or
(City Permit No. 012623)
- Low Allergen Environment
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- alternative lifestyle
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair accessible
We're Doug and Joe. We feel in love with Palm Springs over 20 years ago. Doug is a college professor, and Joe is an entrepreneur and certified green building professional.
Joe purchased this house in 2008
Why Joe chose Palm Springs
We first discovered the Cathedral City Cove neighborhood almost 20 years ago. Over the years, we rented vacation homes in Palm Springs, Cathedral City and Rancho Mirage, and we found that homes in 'The Cove' area of Cathedral City were on bigger lots, with better views, at better values. Also, regular Palm Springs visitors know that the desert wind can be very bad at times, especially in the Spring. North Palm Springs is the windiest area, but sometimes the wind spreads to Central & South Palm Springs. Protected by a circle of the Santa Rosa Mountains, 'The Cove' is one of the least windy neighborhoods in the entire desert. We are situated between Palm Springs and Rancho Mirage. We are only about 10 minutes from downtown Palm Springs and 5 minutes to Rancho Mirage.
What makes this house unique
'Green Indigo' was extensively remodeled in 2010 utilizing state-of-the-art green building standards and techniques. Waste was minimized, while re-use and recycling was emphasized. The home demonstrates many eco/green features. Here's just a sampling of what you will experience in your stay at 'Green Indigo':
* Energy Star appliances
* Solar thermal pool & spa heating
* Salt water pool w/LED color lighting
* Energy efficient pool pump & low-NOX natural gas pool/spa heater
* Green cleaning products
* Dramatically less exposure than normal to indoor chemicals/contaminants (e.g., toxic formaldehyde and VOCs)
* 100% recycled glass tile in bathrooms
* High recycled content stainless steel used in kitchen
* Recycled content carpet tiles in dining area and bedrooms
* Extensive use of quality, vintage/modern furniture
* Most furniture & cabinetry made from sustainable woods
* High efficiency, yet high performance, WaterSense-certified toilets
* Low flow, yet high performance, faucets and shower heads
* Double pane, low-e windows and doors, south-side with special desert glazing and/or shade protection
* High efficiency, refrigerant-free desert evaporative cooler in addition to EnergyStar-installed air conditioner
* High efficiency, top rated front loading washer/dryer
* Exterior is mostly paint-free stucco with impregnated color
* Interior walls feature paint-free venetian plaster or no-VOC paints
* Drought-tolerant, native landscaping
* Extra insulation (including 85% recycled demin UltraTouch)
We were careful to chose green products that would meet or exceed all of your expectations of design, comfort and function. We don't like compromises. What good is a stylish sofa that's uncomfortable? or a water efficient toilet that requires two flushes to work?! We're happy with the result, and we hope you are, too.