Not what we expected
I must say that I was unpleasantly surprised by many things. The house is definitely not what we expected and there are several issues:
- Many things are broken (toilet seat in master bedroom, shades in bedroom, toilet holders, etc.).
- The pillows and mattresses are very old and need to be replaced. The carpet is beyond old and dirty.
- There were significant cleanliness issues. To start, we found a used tampon in the bathroom when we arrived. The floors were sticky and very dirty. You couldn't walk in the house without your feet or socks turning dark brown. Playing cards on the dining room table turned the cards black (even after scrubbing the table).
- The location isn't what I would consider consistent with a vacation rental "near" the beach. It is right next to the backside of the airport and several miles from the water.
- There weren't even basic items like soap, toilet paper, dishwasher detergent...for what we paid for a week these basic things should be available.
- The temperature in the house is very inconsistent and the upstairs bedrooms were freezing.
- The fire alarms are all disabled and I have small kids (this alone is an unacceptable condition).
- Light coverings are missing, there are holes in the walls, and many of the walls are in a high state of disrepair.
- When we arrived, the dishwasher wasn't unloaded, there were dirty utensils, there is a paint roller in the freezer, etc.
I could go on, but I don't want to belabor the point. I provided this feedback to the owner, but never got any reply or fixes.
The house has a lot of room, and the owner was thoughtful enough to bring a Christmas tree, but the most basic things are simply not what they should be. It was very frustrating that the owner did not address any of these issues during our 7 day stay or reach out after our stay. I don't say any of this to be impolite or to hurt anyone's feelings, but my family was very, very disappointed in the house. We have stayed in other homes in the Biloxi / Gulf Shores area for the same price that were exponentially more appealing.
Owner's Response: I must say it is very sad and frustrating what some people will do or say for their own financial gain.
We have a very lovely house with several return visitors. The family that stayed just a few days prior, in December and left a great review, asked where we purchased our beds because they were so comfortable.
Anyone booking our rental can view the map to see we are located about a mile from the beach and about 5 miles from the airport.
The only truth I saw in this review was that one toilet seat was broken and has been fixed. I do supply only one roll of toilet paper in each bathroom, one roll of paper towels and cascade in the kitchen.
I hope that many of you can see that this review was a bully tactic
Helpful votes: 1/2
Did you find this review helpful?