Submitted: March 22, 2012
Stayed: March 2012
The house lives up to its pictures, it is stunning and beautiful. There is a bedroom in a loft above the living room with a private bathroom. The pool is great we had so much fun in there. The living room is huge, such a large area and was good for dancing in and relaxing and everything we wanted to do. The kitchen and dining room are great and have everything you need. The two bedrooms outside the kitchen area are beautiful and amazing (my favorite). There is a pool house but I never went into it, one of the people in our group stayed in it and liked it. The view from this house is beautiful and the sunsets and sunrises leave you breathless.
Down side to this property you should know about:
- The "hill".... this house is on a massive hill and only a few of the taxi's we took could even make it up it, yes it is that big and steep. So plan on some serious hiking, it is a workout not to look forward to.
- The people looking after the house speak almost no English at all, in fact we had a guy in our group who spoke very little Spanish and even they had a hard time communicating. The communication barrier was an issue during our stay.
- I slept in one of the rooms outside, closest to the kitchen and it was an amazing room and a great view to wake up to. But I never had hot water in my private bathroom and my bedroom door was broken and would not close at all. I only had a screen on my room and bugs and a frog did get in my room. I mentioned it to the staff on the day of our arrival and they shrugged their shoulders and never fixed it the entire week I was there.
- One night we forgot to turn the lights off in the pool, instead of telling us or trying to let us know they turned the lights off and locked the door to where they turn on. They just locked us out….. We did talk to them and get it back open again but it was once again a hassle.
- The house is 20-25 min from town. A van to carry all of us (we were a group of 8) was 60.00 each way. We started to get 2 cars instead and that was 40.00 each way (20.00 per cab) but we had to negotiate that, some cabs wanted more. Hulio, (no idea how you spell it) drives a red car with a silver roof rack (small town, you can’t miss him) he was GREAT and took good care of us. He charged us 20.00 each way, he could make it up the hill every time and he was SUPER reliable when we called and set pick up times.
Over all I would stay here again in a heartbeat, for me personally the issues were minor and did not ruin the stay.
Families with Teenagers,
Did you find this review helpful?