We offer more than just a place to sleep! We go out of our way to ensure that your visit to the Nashville/Franklin area is comfortable and enjoyable. All you need to do is show up with your luggage. We provide linens, bath, pool, and hot tub towels, a fully equipped kitchen, etc. When we are in residence on the property, we are happy to meet all your needs. When we're not present, our property manager is a phone call away.
THE RIGHT PLACE
Whether you're looking for a country getaway, a place to stay while attending a conference, or simply a place to relax and let the world go by, you've come to the right place. You can get out and explore the sites and sounds of beautiful middle Tennessee-indulge yourself at a day spa, sightsee in historic downtown Franklin, or shop at nearby Cool Springs Mall. You can stay in and relax with your morning coffee on the patio, take a dip in the pool, enjoy the porch swing while you sip a traditional glass of Southern ice tea with mint you’ve picked from our herb garden, lounge in the covered pavilion and read a book, play a lively game of ping pong, toast marshmallows at the fire pit, or watch the gorgeous sunsets.
You'll feel comfortable and relaxed in our sunny, country retreat. The kitchen, dining room, baths, and laundry room all have ceramic tile floors; all other rooms downstairs are hard wood, and the upstairs rooms are all carpeted. Beautiful crown moldings accent the main living areas. Click the link in our listing to visit our website and see additional pictures of the bedrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room, two full baths, and laundry room with washer and dryer. To find the link, scroll down until you see the Owners Profile section. Just above that section is a green link that says 'CLICK HERE - more pictures of rooms and grounds.' Click that link to visit our website.
ON THE GROUNDS
Our 5 acres of privacy offer many amenities for relaxing and having fun:
* patio just off the living room and dining room
* a 16 x 34 foot in-ground pool, 3-ft to 8ft deep
* a 24 x 48 foot covered pool pavilion with kitchen
* private sitting area adjacent to the pavilion with HOT TUB and fire pit
* gas grill
* large game room building with 50's diner decor
* ping pong table
* skee ball
* air hockey
* open grassy areas for kids to run and play
* a field for soccer, badminton, etc
* 175 yd. driving range
* parking area large enough for any vehicles-RVs, trailers, boats-also great for younger kids to ride their bikes or rollerblade
Other amenities include Dish satellite TV, DVR, DVD player, extensive DVD library, book library, board games, and WiFi Internet access.
Staying in this area is a rich and colorful experience. Nashville, only 20 miles away, is home to the world of country music-from museums to tours of the stars' homes to the Grand Ole Opry. It's a country-music fan's mecca. You can honky-tonk your way through famous Printer's alley, take in an exhibit at the Frist Center for Visual Arts, or attend a sports event (Sounds baseball, Predator’s hockey game, Titan’s football game, Vanderbilt football or basketball game).
Franklin, brimming with old town, historic charm, is only 10 miles away. Franklin is one of the oldest towns in Tennessee, and it begs to be explored and appreciated. Spilling over with Southern hospitality, there is an endless array of eateries, antique shops, Victorian and Civil War homes, and battlefields.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE
Please click the link to our website for more photos, more information, and a list of this year's events and attractions in Nashville and Franklin. Scroll down until you see the Photos section (or click the Photos button at the top of the page). Just above that section you'll find a link that says 'CLICK HERE - more photos of rooms and grounds.'
WHEN TO BOOK
Our property books up about 3 - 6 months in advance, so we recommend that you try to book your dates as soon as possible. If the dates you want are already booked, give us a call anyway and we can put you on a waiting list in case there is a cancellation.
We offer a discounted rate if your party is small enough (1 to 4 people) to use only one or two bedrooms. You would have full use of the main living area on the first floor, but the upstairs would be locked and not used during your stay.
VISITING DAY GUESTS
Inviting people to visit you and enjoy the amenities of the property for the day carries a surcharge of $20 per person per day and is limited to no more than 4 additional people at one time.
PARTY RENTAL FEES
Additional fees apply if you wish to host a party with 12 or more people while you are a guest at the property.
OUR CLEANING METHODS
We have a cleaning check list with over 140 items on it that we complete after each rental. The list is too long to include here, but here are a few of the Aunt Mamie routines that we perform to ensure that everything is fresh and clean for you when you arrive:
1. sanitize all bed pillows, decorator pillows, and upholstered furniture by steam-cleaning
2. replace all sheets, pillow cases, mattress pads, blankets, quilts, and bedspreads or coverlets with freshly laundered linens that have been washed in the hottest water with bleach or bleach alternative.
3. replace all towels and wash cloths—even the ones that look like they may not have been used—with freshly laundered towels and wash cloths that have been washed in the hottest water with bleach or bleach alternative.
4. wash all dishes, glassware, silverware, and cookware in the dishwasher—again, even the ones that look like they may not have been used.
5. disinfect all hard surfaces, cabinets, and drawers in the kitchen and bath
6. wash and disinfect all bathroom tile floors (up close and personal - by hand).
7. vacuum and spot clean all carpeting.
8. have carpet professionally steam-cleaned as needed (about every 3rd to 4th rental).
When you stay with us, you don't have to wonder if the towel you take out of the cabinet might have been slightly used and returned to the cabinet. You don't have to fold the bedspread back so you don't have to touch it. You don't have to worry that the last guest who used that spoon simply rinsed it off and replaced it in the drawer. You can just relax and enjoy yourself.