|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
**Calendar is not up to date. Please call or email us for availability.** we do not update the VRBO calendar
A most elegant condominium awaits you on the first floor of this lovely 1860 Victorian home close to Harvard Square. The 30' living/bedroom has restored period moldings, hardwood floors, large windows, a large sisal woven area rug, and a decorative fireplace. The front of the room serves as a sitting area, with a sleep sofa, while the rear has a handsome 19th Century four-poster queen-sized bed. (The bed is slightly shorter than a standard queen.) There is a gleaming white tiled bath, a full separate kitchen, a pleasant deck off the kitchen with full morning sun and a lovely garden on the side of the house. As one of the finest Cambridge vacation rentals, this unit includes cable television, a stereo system with CD and cassette player, high speed Internet, a landline telephone with an answering machine and free laundry in the basement. In the friendly neighborhood of Inman Square, on beautiful Maple Avenue with its large trees and homes, you are near nationally-recognized restaurants, an easy 12-minute walk from Central Square and less than a 15-minute walk from Harvard Square.
Keywords: Cambridge furnished apartment
We came to Cambridge to spend some time with our son who is studying at Harvard. We were delighted with the accommodation at Murhouse - much more spacious and homely than a hotel room and with many more facilities. We appreciated the fully equipped kitchen which meant that we could have meals in the apartment. One thing we did miss was an electric kettle - guess this is a cultural thing because we are tea drinkers not coffee drinkers. Very comfortable bed but the fridge makes a bit of noise which was noticeable at night. Good bathroom and laundry facilities, nice and clean. Host was helpful without being overpowering. Location was very convenient - we used buses to get to and from Harvard and Lechmere and then the T to get into Boston - very easy. Maple Ave is a beautiful street, we loved the architecture of the houses in the area. We hired a car for a day and it was great to have parking. We would definitely recommend the apartment and hope it will be available whenever we come back to Cambridge.
we stayed at the apartment on maple avenue for a week whilst visiting boston and getting married at the nearby cambridge city hall. we loved the space, the period fittings, the kitchen full of light, the immaculate bathroom. this place is very clean and feels much bigger than a studio, rather a one bed apartment. the host is extremely pleasant, very generous and helpful on so many levels. thoroughly recommended to enjoy downtown boston at around 15 mins on the t train and harvard campus at 10 mins walk. maple avenue is one of the best street we have seen in boston, leafy, quiet and posh.
We enjoyed our stay in Cambridge at Murhouse Suite. Murray picked us up at the airport and gave us a mini-tour of Boston on the way to the B&B. He was tremendously hospitable. We loved the neighborhood and the easy access to Harvard and Boston via the T. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the accomodations - great kitchen, spacious living room/sitting area and good sized bath. I found the bed to be short (I'm 6'3") but we were informed in advance and chose to book here anyways. Overall we really enjoyed our stay.
My son and I stayed two weeks at Murhouse. The suite is very well taken care of and has a feeling of being home. As I had to commute between Harvard Square and downtown Boston, this location worked great for us. On top, Murray was super attentive! I would stay here again, no doubt about it. Two Thumbs Up!
The apt worked well for our first time visiting the area. It was walking distance to many locations and public transportation. The neighborhood was lovely as well.
We did not spend a lot of time at the apt, but we thought there were a couple things that could be improved on for a better stay.
1. Cable package (like other reviews) was not the best.
2. The people upstairs are very noisy at night. You heard ever step and conversations. We had to turn on the radio for some background noise trying to go to sleep.
3. Cleaning. The bathroom has someone elses hair all over the place and there were tons of dust everywhere else.
4. Lighting. At night, the lamps and lights are not very bright. We had every light and lamp turned on and it was not enough for some things.
5. Deck Privacy - There was not a curtain in the neighorbors room off the deck. We felt uncomfortable walking/ sitting out there. There were many times we saw him sleeping right by the window or in the room.
The unit covers 1/2 of the first floor of a beautiful old house in Cambridge, on a quiet private street among many other beautiful old houses. The interior was more spacious than I expected --
* a very large livingroom with lots of chairs and a TV in half of it, and a really nice antique 4 poster bed in the other house
* a full size and fully equipped kitchen.
* a large modern bathroom, with gleaming fixtures and tile work.
* lots of large windows
* clean and mostly well maintained.
There is a large parking lot in the back yard, and that was great because on-street parking would have been a problem.
Lots of good restaurants and jazz clubs in the area.
A couple of very minor problems:
1) it wasn't ready when we got there - apparently due to some confusion about which guest was checking in. This was resolved promptly.
2) there were a lot of burned out light bulbs and I would have appreciated better lighting in the unit.
3) the bathtub is very large, which is great for a large person like myself, but there was no stopper in sight, so I couldn't enjoy the long soak that I was planning on.
4) the cable TV package is somewhat limited... fine for watching the news but if you want to curl up and watch an old movie with your sweetie, you don't have many choices.
Overall I was quite pleased and my wife was too. I would definitely come back on a future trip to the Boston area. Definitely was worth 5 stars, in spite of a few minor issues.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 16 2014 - Mar 31 2015
3 night minimum stay
Apr 1 2015 - Nov 15 2015
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
Rate based on single or double occupancy. Additional adult $25/night. Additional child $15/night . Maximum 4
Payments: Deposit: 50% of total plus a one-time agency setup fee of $25. Balance due 2 weeks, or1 month depending on standards dates or event dates, prior to arrival). Cancel: $25 ($100 events) prior to 2 weeks (1 month events) from arrival. 50% (100% events) within 2 weeks (1 month events). Occasional one night is non-refundable. Monthly, contact us.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.