Cape San Blas House Rental Photos and Description
Beach House close to the Gulf of Mexico has 3 King bedrooms with decks,3 baths
This vacation home is less than 150 feet from the sugar-white sand beaches and emerald surf Cape San Blas is famous for. The spacious living area located on the top floor, and furnished for relaxation, offers gorgeous views of the Gulf of Mexico.
Its fully stocked kitchen, with stainless steel appliances ,and the adjoining dining area with its magnificent gulf views make your culinary experience a very special one.
The house is roomy with three King Master Bedrooms, each with a private bath and access to a wide, shady deck appointed with comfortable furnishings. A den located on the second level between two of the king masters is furnished with a queen sofa sleeper for additional sleeping space, comfortable chairs, and a flat screen TV.
Sun decks and a large covered porch provide spots for lazing around, and to view the gorgeous sunsets. In the opposite direction, greet the morning with a cup of steaming coffee while watching a dazzling sunrise over the pristine waters of St. Joe Bay.
On the ground level, you will find a private, enclosed shower with hot and cold running water, an additional outdoor dining area with a charcoal grill, and plenty of parking space for your boat, trucks, and cars.
You have found the right place if you are looking for simpler coastal living. 'The Forgotten Coast' truly is one of the last unspoiled areas of Florida's Panhandle! Cape San Blas has relatively little development... no high-rise development, no congestion, and no fighting for position on the beach as the beaches are sparsely populated even during peak season.
So...what are you waiting for? Come and enjoy the simpler things of Life!
- Swim in the gentle and soothing emerald gulf waters.
- Fish from the shore, a rewarding activity to catch your own dinner. Or if you are here in the right time of the year, crabs and more crabs will flood to the shore for your pleasure.
- If deep water fishing is your choice, the Port St. Joe Marina is just 14 miles away. A great selection of charters are available. The marina offers a great restaurant with fresh seafood and entertainment in the evenings.
- Snorkeling and scalloping in St. Joseph Bay is the way to enjoy the pristine waters. The crystal clear waters of the bay are the perfect playground for scallopers. There is a limit what you can keep, and a few rules to abide by. The Scalloping Season is July 1 through September 10. Bay access is just five miles from the house at the St. Joseph State Park.
- Exploring the shoreline from the water either on the bay or gulf is easy. Get out your kayak or rent one here, and simply walk to the beach or get on the bay at the Stump Hole (two miles from the house), or the State Park and cruise the bay! It's a delightful renourishing experience. You may want to bring your rod and reel!
- If romance is what you seek, book a horseback riding sunset session on the beach. Contact the company of your choice, and meet them at Salinas Park just seven miles from the house, and prepare to enjoy the ride. Pack your picnic and walk to the beach, or get on a sunset cruise.
- Explore the wild-flowers and birds of the area by biking, hiking or walking through the St. Joseph State Park. The bike path begins as you turn onto Cape San Blas Road and ends at the state park.
- Golfing is here as well. Just ten miles from the house is St. Joseph Country Club Golf Course open to the public.
- Shopping and restaurants? Port St. Joe just 14 miles from the house has a selection of shops on Reid Avenue, the Marina for great seafood, or the Sunset Coastal Grill with an excellent selection. For gourmet-on-the-go visit Provisions, or eat Mexican at Peppers; Pizza at Joe Mama's; and, the locals' favorite spot... Sisters, charming southern flavor with great prices, and big portions. On Cape San Blas there are several convenience stores, The Trading Post, Scallop Cove, or Cone's Head for ice cream, hot dogs, salads, and a quick lunch. Just a few more miles and you can be in Indian Pass at the famous Indian Pass Raw Bar...unpretentious atmosphere with great oysters, crab legs, gumbo, and shrimp.
- Feeling like exploring further, then drive to historic Apalachicola a charming quaint town 25 miles east with great gourmet restaurants and exquisite shops.
- For a taste of local history and arts, 14 miles away is the Constitution Museum in Port St. Joe; in Apalachicola the Dixie Theater, and the Gorrie Museum; right on Cape San Blas, Boardwalk Realty displays local artists in its exhibit hall free to the public.
Keywords: Single Beach House
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- pets not allowed
- non smoking only
- children welcome
- Long-term Renters Welcome
Guestbook comments from the owner
I am reminded of what a wonderful vacation we had at Pasatiempo this summer. The house was as good as advertised, and the views from the decks were even better! We spent many hours just relaxing and soaking it all in.
We will definitely keep Pasatiempo in mind for future vacations.
Hello! We are Paul and Lynne,a business owner and teacher, who are originally from a small town near Nashville,TN. We first discovered 'The Cape' during the 80's while on vacation with our teenaged children, and are now enjoying it with them as adults accompanied by their own children. Cape San Blas is a truly unique family paradise!
Miles of magnificent, unspoiled, glory of nature is what we discovered when we began vacationing at Cape San Blas. Each return trip finds it the same, simply unspoiled, simply lovely, simply relaxing.
Our house on Cape San Blas offers magnificent views, and is so close to the gulf, it feels very much like beach front. Its spaciousness and fun, friendly,Caribbean atmosphere allows us the perfect spot from which to launch all our adventures, and a haven upon our return.