Newry Chalet Rental Photos and Description
5 bdrms & 3.5 bath = 10 Adults + 8 kids-kitchen seats 18 for meals and games.
For more photos and details, please see our own site: www.TheMaineSkiHouse.com
• 3 Day weekend Thursday through Sunday OR Friday through Monday for $999: includes lodging, Maine Tax, cleaning and Property Damage Protection.
• Remaining fall dates are: Sept 4-7, Sept 11-14, Sept 18-21, Oct 16-19, Oct 30 - Nov 2
NUMBER OF GUESTS:
• The Maine Ski House does sleep 18 in beds, but 6 of the beds are twin bunks and 4 of them are upper bunks.
• Therefore, we request the maximum adults staying are 12 and the children can be any number, as long as the total number of people does not exceed 18.
THE MAINE SKI HOUSE offers something to keep everyone happy:
• Horseshoe Pit and Fire Pit: In July 2014 we built a Horseshoe Pit and Fire Pit, which have been great additions to the outdoor space. There is nothing like sitting around a fire on a chilly summer or fall night, making S'Mores, and watching a competitive game of Horseshoes.
• Deck: We have a large second story deck that has enough space for people to be doing different things but still all be able to chat and socialize:
• 6 person round hot tub
• gas grille
• 6 Adirondack chairs
• Child sized picnic table
• Two-person wooden swing
• We have an unusual feature that you will not find at most houses: an IN-HOUSE TREASURE HUNT for kids of all ages- literally! Join in the fun, or just watch as the participants go room to room for answers to over 20 questions. The completed answers lead them to a hidden treasure chest full of surprises and treats.
• The open KITCHEN/LIVING/DINING areas can keep everyone together for meals, socializing, and game playing. The island seats 4 and the pub-height table seats 14. The well equipped kitchen is a cooks dream as there are ample supplies and prep areas for several people to help. There is a ton of cabinet storage, a pantry with slide-out shelves, an extra fridge in the pub, and a beverage fridge by the coffee center. We also have a gas GE Cooktop with a center griddle for pancakes, a Kitchen-Aid mixer, a hot-air popcorn popper, a 3-pot fondue pot, and a chocolate fountain, and plenty of pretty bowls, platters, containers for amazing meals cooked by the 'chefs' in your group.
•The THREE CUB PUB, in the basement level, will keep you feeling like you are in your very own pub and wondering if you ever have to leave the house at night. It has two flat screen TV’s for game-viewing from every angle. There is a sink, seating for 6, and a Jimmy Buffet Margarita Maker which also makes perfect slushies for kids!
•The OZ REC ROOM:
• Wii on its own TV
• Xbox 360 on its own TV
• 55” TV for watching one of our 120+ movies or TV or the internet
• Foosball game
• Classic 1980’s Arcade game has 60 classic games such as PAC MAN and Galaga
• Board games such as Apples to Apples, Cranium, Clue, Scrabble
•For small children: a log-home furnished doll house, IKEA children's table and chairs, some toys and books
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- pets considered
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- Events Allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Paula Easley
We met while students at The University of Massachusetts in 1989, and married few years later. We had three children and when they were 1, 3, and 5 we started traveling with four other college friends and their families. Our 'crew' totaled 10 adults and 15 children, most of them born in a 5 year span. It was so much work to travel with young children that it was actually as many hours of packing/unpacking than our three days together, but none of us cared! After our long weekends, we were completely exhausted, our stomachs ached from laughing, and someone usually ended up at the doctor on Tuesday. The time we spent together sitting and talking, eating, cooking, cleaning, game playing, sipping coffee in the morning and drinks at night, hiking up mountains to exhaust the kids so they would go to bed at 7pm... was SO FUN, the price of complete exhaustion afterwards was well worth it.
Over the 14 years of our annual tradition, we rented in Southern VT and Newry and Scarborough Maine. The group has experienced quite a range of quality of homes: from 'kind of roughing it' to 'oh no, there are a lot of fancy breakable things here'. We have been renting homes between FL and New England since '97. We like to say between all of those rentals, we have seen it all. We often said 'if we ever owned a rental, we would...' So in 2010 we began our own venture in Vacation Rental ownership and put all of the lessons we have learned into action. We guide you through the process of renting, tell you as much as we can before you arrive, but then give you your privacy once you have arrived. We know a trip to a rental home takes a lot of planning and money. You will see in our reviews, we try to make the experience in our home all that it should be: a relaxing, comfortable and fun visit to the beautiful Sunday River area.
We hope you will stay with us and experience The Maine Ski House for yourself. Your friends and family will thank you for booking with us!
Paula Easley purchased this chalet in 2010
What makes this chalet unique
We thought we had hit the jack pot when we found the location for The Maine Ski House: behind the Matterhorn and 2 miles from the South Ridge Lodge! The foundation was in but no walls were up yet. We modified the developer's plan (we lost count of how many times) to make their beautiful design into a great rental: we made the kitchen open and bigger than they had planned for, we made the walls in the stairwell into the basement solid so noise did not travel, we closed off the pub from the rec room to give the adults more privacy, we had stairs off of the deck built so people could access the yard easily, we paved the driveway to improve plowing and cut down on dirt into the house, created a separate beverage area for coffee/wine/sink to get out of the way of the 'chefs' in the group, measured out a space for a dining table that would hold 14 people, provided as much storage as possible in the kitchen, bathrooms, and mudroom. The developers questioned a few of our decisions, but we knew what makes a home a great comfortable rental for large groups from years of experience.
Our reviews are evidence that we were on the right track because people rave about our amenities, storage, comfort level, bedding and linens, entertainment choices, and electronics. People especially love the Welcome Packet we send and The Welcome Baskets that greet them on the counter. We expect nothing but a great experience for those that stay with us. When people book our house, we are excited for them because we know they have made a great decision and their lodging portion of their trip is going to be worry-free. It is rare that we receive a question just prior to someone's arrival because our guests know all they need to know before they leave home. Our goal is to have your stay in The Maine Ski House feel like it is your 'home away from home' and if you ever think about coming back to Sunday River, there are no questions as to where to stay.
We hope you will stay with us soon...