Barefoot, you step out onto the splinter-free deck. A brilliant orange sun crests the horizon, sending the last of its fiery shimmer over the smooth Pacific. In one hand you hold a glass of Oregon wine and in the other, a tiny hand – a child or grandchild. The whole family is here, gathered on this perfect evening for a sunset meal. At the other end of the deck, the bubbling hot tub is prepped for after-dinner drinks and a night of family conversation under the stars.
Welcome to Lincoln City, a quiet escape known for fresh clams and crabs, sparkling agate, and exquisite, hand-blown glass floats.
Welcome to a family retreat where every detail encourages you to sit back, relax and enjoy time with your loved ones.
Welcome to a cozy, comfortable getaway where expansive decking, streaming sunlight, and picture windows invite the crashing surf into every room.
Welcome to the Shearwaterhouse, a Pacific oceanview home just a block to the scenic Oregon coastline.
Each of our three bedrooms feature its own theme: will you don an eye patch in the Captain's Quarters, grow gills for the Mermaid Lounge, or explore the ocean's depths Under the Sea? Our master suite (Captain's Quarters) is perfect for the ambulatory-compromised, as it's located on the main floor and has a walk-in shower. (Note there is one step to enter the home and main floor.) And for our youngest visitors, not only does the Under the Sea bedroom feature fun décor, but the king bed and futon configuration is perfect for parents who want to keep children close at night.
Our home is perfect for:
• Multi-Generational Travel: With 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, child-friendly features, and accessibility for the mobility impaired, the Shearwaterhouse perfectly accommodates three generations of travelers.
• Young Families: At the Shearwaterhouse, babies and toddlers are safe and secure. We have a sturdy baby gate, baby-safe decking, and plans to babyproof further. Even better, the littlest members of your family will love our climbing cube, pack n' play, and other accessories. And parents appreciate our Trex
decking (no splinters!) and kid accessories, like a booster seat and bedroom monitor.
• Family Reunions: Our home is the perfect mix of casual fun and light, open space – a warm and inviting home perfect for family reunions. And if you need extra space, our studio cottage (rents separately) next door can accommodate an additional couple.
• Mobility-Impaired Travelers: The main floor of Shearwaterhouse is accessible, with just one step to the outside, and our master bedroom and bathroom (with walk-in shower) is well suited to mobility-impaired travelers.
Please note that the Shearwaterhouse is not suited to bachelor or bachelorette parties, loud events, big celebrations, or Spring Breakers. We appreciate your understanding.
What You'll Love:
• Ocean Views: Our home features huge, panoramic ocean views (complete with breaching whales, kite surfers and seals!) from every room. Never for a moment will you forget you're on the coast!
• Spacious Decking: Speaking of those views, there's no better place to drink in the Pacific than from our decking – so expansive, you can see them from space!
• The HOT Tub: When we say hot, we mean hot. Our large, bubbling hot tub (perched on our upper deck!) is always the perfect regulation temperature of 102 – never lukewarm.
• Themed Bedrooms: Ahoy, matey! Choose from our cozy Captain's Quarters, the ethereal Mermaid Lounge, or the out-of-this-world Under the Sea bedroom.
• Make Yourself at Home: The Shearwaterhouse feels like your best friend's home: comfortable and well loved, without being stuffy. Don't worry, you can put
your feet up.
Nearby Activities & Attractions:
The Oregon coast is always scenic and always spectacular. We're happy to recommend area attractions and activities for your stay. Here are a few of our favorites:
• Fish for your dinner: Bottom fishing, rock fishing, mussel harvesting, crabbing and clamming are a popular – and tasty! – pastime.
• Hunt for agate: If you're in the market for a beautiful and memorable souvenir, Lincoln city is surrounded by rock-hounding beaches.
• Go antiquing: Antique shops and woodcarvers' galleries dot the regions.
• Enjoy the outdoors: Lincoln City and central Oregon beg to be explored: go hiking, biking, golfing, paddle boating, kayaking and bird watching to see and experience the best of our scenic coast!
• Explore our festivals: There's always an event on the horizon, like Finders Keepers (Lincoln City's glass float festival), the Kite Festival, and others.
• So much more: Take an Oregon wine-tasting tour, learn to blow glass, horseback ride at sunset, visit our farmers markets… the possibilities abound!
Our home features a full range of amenities, among them:
• Baby and toddler accessories, including a sturdy baby gate installed, a deck that has no steps coming off it, a pack 'n play, a climbing cube on the lower deck, a highchair, a booster seat and a baby monitor
• Full kitchen with all the amenities of home
• High-speed broadband Internet
• Cable TVs with DVD players
• Gas fireplace for the family to gather around
• Expansive, circular double decks that draw you outside and expand your family living/dining space
Come, experience Shearwaterhouse and beautiful Lincoln City. We can't wait to welcome you and your family!
Thank you so much for sharing your home with us! This was our first family vacation as a family of four!
The deck, the view, the hot tub, everything is perfect here. We wish we could have stayed longer. Our almost 2 yr old and 8 mo old LOVED the beach and playing in the sand.
High School sweethearts, married since 1971. Because of Debi's time as a travel agent and love of travel, she talked Rob into buying her a beach home in Seal Rock. When they retired from the VA Hospital, they started renting it as a vacation rental. It did so well, that (Debi) wanted another one, and searched for the perfect home for a year until finding the Shearwaterhouse.
Everything is in the right place! There is a magnificent view of the ocean; amazing deck; it's only a block away from the beach; it has a lovely fireplace and a large hot tub. Now that our family is growing (3 grandchildren this year!) there is also space for all of us.
The guest house, which we have named The Romance of the Sea is an added bonus. We had such fun turning it into a romantic little retreat for two!
We are loving this time of our lives, and it gives us great enjoyment to share a beautiful place with others.
Why, these amazing circular trex decks, of course! Rob loves to think that you could see them from a satellite zooming past overhead!
This is a quiet, safe neighborhood, close beach access. We love that the tide pools are not far away and we can see waaaay far out to sea, spotting whales, crab boats and barges.
The house is good for ambulatory-impaired because you can do all your living on the main floor. You don't HAVE to go down the stairs.
USA - Oregon - Coastal Oregon - Lincoln City - Roads End
Other Activities: kite surfing, whale watching
Golf: Chinook Winds Golf Course is approximately 2 miles away.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 11 2014 - Sep 30 2014
5 night minimum stay
Oct 1 2014 - Oct 31 2014
2 night minimum stay
|Cleaning||$100.00 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$400.00|
|We accept personal checks and PayPal payments.|
|Notes||Optional Guest House (Romance of the Sea) may also be available to extend the numbers of your party. Listing #332837.
Dates Available: Year Round
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website: