Upon your arrival you will be greeted by complementary hors d'oeuvres and wine, passes to the famous Spa on the Plaza in downtown Monterey that recently underwent a $2 million renovation, tickets for a tasting at Scheid Winery in downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea and a basket of local information. An assigned concierge vacation house manager is at your disposal to assist you during your stay. We have also provided spa amenities in the bathrooms, plush bathrobes, slippers and over-sized towels, and beach gear.
Sumptuous yet comfortable, the great room, with its hardwood floors, crown molding, plantation shutters and limestone gas fireplace, is the perfect setting for entertaining at cocktails or dinner parties or just gathering loved ones together for delicious meals and lively conversation. A rich palette of crimson, burnt sienna, orange and mustard are used in the handsome traditional furnishings that include a chocolate-colored sectional sofa. Any professional chef would covet the gorgeous kitchen, with its large rectangular central island with four stools, amber-hued granite countertops and Thomasville wooden cabinetry. Everything needed for preparing wonderful gourmet meals, including a stainless steel countertop gas range and double oven, side-by-side refrigerator and beautiful dishware and linens, is provided. An expandable mahogany-colored wooden dining table with chairs with black leather cushion covers can seat eight. Get-togethers can also spill out to an enclosed flower-filled deck with table and chairs for six, a bright orange umbrella and lounge chairs. A path from the deck leads to a fenced back yard with shade plants such as azaleas, ferns and rhododendrons. Pets are welcome.
Just off the living/dining area is a den stocked with books and a couch that can be converted to a bed for sleeping an additional two people. French doors behind a Shoji screen lead to the deck.
The house has two spacious master suites -- one on the third and one on the second floor -- that in many ways are similar, although the décor in each is distinctive. Both have king beds with luxury linens including comforters with duvets, coverlets, throws and decorative pillows, gas fireplaces, wall-to-wall carpeting, walk-in closets, Japanese Shoji screens on the windows, flat-screen TVs and views out over rooftops to pine and oak trees in the nearby canyon.
The third-story master, which has a color scheme of burnt sienna and mustard, has a desk for a computer, a reading chair and a wall of built-in cabinets. The third-story master bath, which features beautiful Thomasville cabinetry, subtle sand-colored tiling, features a soaking tub with jets. The second-story master, which has French doors that open to the deck, features a white four-poster bed with a chocolate and rust paisley duvet, white end tables and vanity and an upholstered bench. The second story master bath is similar to the third story bathroom but with a large shower.
The ground level offers two bedrooms that would be great hideaways for kids. One, in tans and taupes, has a king with Memory Foam topper that can be converted to two twins, and the second has a cream-colored wooden trundle bed with white cotton bed coverings that is perfect for two children or one adult. A bathroom includes a tub/shower, a separate water closet and a laundry room with washer and dryer.
Parking for two cars is available in the double car garage, which has extra storage space for bicycles; two cars can park in the driveway.
Memories are just waiting to be made in this special Sanctuary Vacation Rental home.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
**Rates are based on up to 8 guests (including infants & children). For 9-12 guests, add $200 per month per person. (Note 12 guests, including children, is the maximum).
* $1000 refundable security deposit is required and returned within 7 days after departure if there are no offsets due to damage. This is in addition to the insurance charge and the requirement to have a credit card on file as security against damages.
* Non-refundable exit cleaning fee $400 to $550, depending on number of guests, including infants and children . You will be required to have mid-stay cleanings every two weeks during your stay at a cost to you not to exceed $25/hour that you will pay the cleaning staff for directly, upon completion of each mid-stay cleaning that you will arrange at a mutually convenient time with our housekeeping staff.
*1 month minimum rental requirement per City of Carmel. May be rented for 14-21 days or less with an exclusive right to property 30 day prorated contract. Please ask for rates.
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest.
* Pet Fees: $100 each large dog (1 dog ); $150 two small dogs; if arranged after acceptance of contract, contract must be amended to adjust price.
* Loss and Damage Waiver $75 instead of security deposit (covers up to $2,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect).
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.