Stunning panoramic Lake Tahoe view, casino night lights, amazing Sierra Vistas! Set on a boulder studded secluded Heavenly cul-de-sac location, this uniquely designed modern mountain home set on over a third of an acre which backs to Tahoe National Forest. This expansive 3,432 sq. ft. designer home includes:
• 4 bedrooms, 3 have queen beds and one is a dornstyle room with 2 singles plus a set of bunk beds.
• Party size family room with fireplace, lake and sierra views, pool table, sound system, TV, DVD and full wet bar
• Living room with fireplace, sound system, TV, DVD, and unbelievable views
• Formal dining room with great views
• Chefs' eat-in gourmet kitchen complete with all the bells and whistles, including: Wolf range, Bosch dishwasher, Sub-Zero refrigerator, double oven, bun warmer, microwave, coffee pot, electric tea kettle, blender , electric can opener, 2000 ft of decking, ½ is covered and lots of parking!
Our Favorite Places for Food
• For breakfast: Heidi's Pancake House is a great spot for breakfast and brunch, look for it on the left as you enter town on Highway 50
• For lunch: Blue Angel Café is a great place for breakfast, lunch, dinner or happy hour or just coffee while you browse the internet using their free wifi - , but our favorite is lunch. Try the sweet potato fries, curry chicken sandwich or one of their great pasta specials. Their wine list is decent, even the house wine is good - a great, casual, fun Tahoe spot with friendly service and cozy atmosphere. Look for them on the right side after you make the turn onto Ski Run Blvd on the way to our property.
• For dinner: Nepheles is one of the best restaurants in Lake Tahoe and has been featured in Bon Appétit, the New York Times, San Francisco Chronicle and they won Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence for their wine list. Look for them on your way to the house right after you pass the Blue Angel - on the same side of the street
• For the kids: Chevy’s, Fire & Ice just under the Gondola at Heavenly Ski Resort or the Summit Buffet on the 18th floor at Harrah’s Lake Tahoe Fire.
• Pizza: Lake Tahoe Pizza Company or Goodfellas
Our Favorites for Outdoors Fun
• Skiing: Heavenly is about 2 blocks from the entrance of our private road – it is our favorite for skiing - they have great customer service and ski runs for the whole family and all levels! For cross country skiing try Lake Tahoe Back Country Skiing.
• Horseback riding: Camp Richardson's Corral, South Lake Tahoe, CA; Sheridan Creek Equestrian Center, Gardnerville, NV, Zephyr Cove Stables- Highway 50, Zephyr Cove, NV and Cascade Stables, South Lake Tahoe, CA
• Hiking and camping: Forest Service campgrounds in Tahoe City, South Lake Tahoe, and along the Truckee River. State parks include D.L. Bliss, Sugar Pine Point, Emerald Bay, and Sand Harbor. Or work your way up some classic rock climbing routes in Eagle Creek Canyon, only a stone's throw from Emerald Bay.
• Biking: the Lake is ringed by 76 miles of paved public highway, with about half that distance segregated by bike lanes. There are also hundreds of miles of unpaved Forest Service roads in the Tahoe basin suitable for mountain biking.
• Fishing: The Truckee River between the Lake and Truckee can be fly fishing friendly. There are also hundreds of small, fishable lakes in the high country around Tahoe.
• Beach: work on your tan on the exquisite beaches of Sand Harbor State Park
• Golf courses: Bijou Golf Course and Lake Tahoe Golf Course, both in South Lake Tahoe, CA
• Ice Skating: The South Tahoe Ice Arena is a full-service, state of the art ice skating facility that offers ice skating and hockey lessons as well as public skate sessions and it is a great place to hold a child's birthday party.
Out of the Box and Only in Tahoe Ideas
• Can’t Miss: Emerald Bay and the waterfalls located on the west shore. Pack a lunch or stop by the Pomin Market for fabulous sandwiches.
• The six-person gondola at Heavenly rises 3,000 feet from casino-hotel floor of South Lake Tahoe to a 9,123-foot elevation. At the 14,000-square-foot observation platform guests get knockout views of shore to shore views of Lake Tahoe, the arid Carson Valley and the Desolation Wilderness.
• Squaw Valley Cable Car. Located one-half block west of California & Nevada Stateline, the Lake Tahoe Gondola provides the serenity of an alpine mountain within minutes of six casinos. The eight-passenger cabins take guests 2.4 miles up the mountain in 12 minutes while they enjoy views of Lake Tahoe. Once you reach the top, the upper mountain facility features panoramic views as well as access to numerous activities and restaurants, including a climbing wall. The Cable Car building itself is a landmark which won an architectural award for excellence and is highlighted by its bold design and huge windows, allowing visitors to view the massive counterweights that support the cable car.
• Lake Cruises: MS Dixie, Zephyr Cove, NV Lake Tahoe Cruises, Tahoe Gal (Tahoe City, CA, and Tahoe Queen (South Lake Tahoe, CA.
• Enjoy an evening performance of the Bard's best works at Sand Harbor State Park’s annual Shakespeare Festival in July and August.
• Casinos: Embassy Suites Hotel Casino, MontBleu Resort Casino, Harrah's Lake Tahoe, Harvey's, Lake Tahoe
• Balloon Ride: Balloons Over Lake Tahoe, one of Lake Tahoe's oldest ballooning companies will take you on a scenic ride over Lake Tahoe
• Out of the Box Fun in the Snow: Husky Express Dogsled Rides: sit back and enjoy the thrill of a team of huskies taking you on a winter adventure in the snow, Lake Tahoe Adventures Snowmobiling gives guided wilderness tours into the heart of Tahoe's forest lands, to the top of Tahoe! Borges Sleigh Rides lets you experience an old fashioned sleigh ride in one of several antique European sleighs take you to heights overlooking one of Lake Tahoe's most spectacular views.
Keywords: Mountain Home, Lake View Home
Our family has been Bay Area residents and Tahoe aficionados for several generations. We have owned property at South Lake Tahoe for over 30 years and come here summer and winter for all the reasons that make this area such a destination for folks around the world. Most of the year we can be seen 2-4 times a month - on the slopes in the winter and hiking the trails and enjoying the Lake the rest of the year. This is our dream vacation home and hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
This area of South Lake Tahoe is ideal for us because of the views, the close proximity of skiing, casinos, l shopping, etc. But most of all, the home itself is just amazing, everything is top of the line, comfortable and designed for a family/couples fun vacation.
Adults will love the comfort - from the state-of-the-art kitchen, to the two huge decks with amazing vistas, the romantic master suite with a fabulous mattress, lake views and spa-like adjoining bath to the full wet bar, pool table, TVs in every gathering spot and separate, amazing sound systems on each floor! Kids will love the pool table, TVs, decks, rock climbing opportunities right outside the door, ping pong table and the amazing room inside and out to play!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event||Minimum Stay|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.