Alma Chalet Rental Photos and Description
Chalet, 3 Bedrooms, 2.25 Baths, (Sleeps 5-8)
Hoosier Ridge is a Fabulous Vacation Home located in Placer Valley at the top of Hoosier Pass. The home is only 15 minutes from Breckenridge with easy access to Highway 9. This cozy and romantic home is on a private property overlooking Montgomery Reservoir, Lincoln Falls, and the whit-capped peaks of the Continental Divide. The home has been beautifully decorated with décor from all over the world. The home is at the very top of Placer Valley so the views are just amazing. It is very common to see Moose, Elk, and Deer roaming through the property. The deck overlooks an area where the commonly roam.
The home has a spacious living area with gorgeous view open to the dining area and kitchen. The kitchen has everything you need to make your stay enjoyable. There are 2 master suites. One is on the main level with a king bed and one is upstairs with a king bed also. The third bedroom has a twin futon bed. Downstairs there is a large media room with a big screen TV and Bose surround sound. There is a bar, lots of comfy sofas, and access to the lower deck. The home has plenty of off-street parking for guests as well as a 2-car garage.
The large deck outside the main living area offers not only gorgeous views but plenty of room to relax and grill on the electric grill provided. It is a great place to sit and watch for wildlife or just enjoy the gorgeous Lake and mountain views.
Fairplay and Alma are the activity center of the Colorado Rocky Mountains and is often referred to as the Base Camp for all activities some of which include skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain climbing, snow-shoeing, horseback riding (winter too), ice climbing, fishing, hunting, rafting, snow-mobiling, 4-wheeling, ATVing, mine exploring, canoeing, kayaking, and much much more.
If you can think of an outdoor activity, you will probably find it within 10-20 minutes of the cabin. It is a great area to call your "Base Camp".
This is a beautiful home to spend any season of the year. The access is easy and 4-wheel drive is not a necessity but is recommended in the winter months. You can find all of these activities within minutes of the home:
* FISHING ... Gold Medal/Blue Ribbon Fishing. 5 area lakes and public river a short drive away
* Within Minutes of the home... Access to National Forest/Montgomery Reservoir, Lincoln Falls, Ice Climbing, skiing, snowboarding, and some of the best snow-shoeing and 4-wheeling in Colorado
* Breckenridge ... ski, snow-board, snowmobile, fish, boat, golf - 15 min. NW
* Buena Vista ... Hot Springs, fishing, raft the Arkansas River - 30 min. SW
* Salida ... fishing, hiking, jeep trails , rafting – 25 min SW
* Como Historic Railroad District - 20 min. NW
* Fairplay Historic Mining Town - 5 min. NW
* Denver ... shopping, theaters, sports, amusements parks -90 min NE
* Cripple Creek ... gold mining, gambling - 50 min.
* Canon City ... home of the Royal Gorge – 60 min SE
* Manitou Springs ... Cave of the Winds, Pikes Peak – 60 min. SE
You will enjoy the flexibility of being able to explore all of the exciting areas in the heart of the Rockies by being in the center of all the activities. You will be able to enjoy a luxurious home but also the seclusion and beauty that only a true mountain setting can offer.
Keywords: Adorable Vacation Home just minutes from Breckenridge. This is a perfect romantic getaway for one or two couples and their families who want to be in a secluded home with beautiful views but still be close enough enjoy Breckenridge and Fairplay activities.
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- pets not allowed
- children welcome
- limited accessibility