Be among the very first to visit and experience the 'Spirit of the River'. A brand new listing
located near North Georgia's great vineyards.
Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Georgia and bordered by 1,700 feet of private frontage on the Chestatee River, our second home of 7 years is now available to families and friends who want to vacation in elegant comfort, surrounded by the great outdoors.
The cabin sits on 8 beautiful acres of towering pine, hardwood, rhododendron, laurel, azalea, dogwood, hemlock and wild ferns. The river's rapids, ripples and rocks provide the sights and Soothing Sounds that can be enjoyed throughout the property and from within the cabin. The Pristine Waters of the upper Chestatee are home to rainbow and brown trout and provide habitat for beaver, otter, heron, turkey, deer and an occasional black bear.
You can experience the 'spirit' of the river while:
* drinking coffee on the covered porch as the sun makes it way up over the hills
* having a cocktail at sunset on the screened-in porch with a fireplace
* cooking and socializing on the large stone patio with fireplace (westward view)
* soaking in the hot-tub watching the sun disappear
* sitting around the fire-pit at the river's edge at night
* walking the trails along the river and through the fauna
* wading in the cool and refreshing waters
* relaxing on a large rock in the middle of the river
* fishing for the beautiful rainbow
* panning for gold (no sluices please)
* swimming and tubing
* creating stone sculptures in the river
* reading a good book on the porches or patio
* resting in the large hammock next to the river under the trees
* JUST DOING NOTHING
* or be creative
The main (1600 sq') has a large 2 story den with wood-burning fireplace (gas starter) and opens to dining room and kitchen, and has 2 bedrooms and a bath. The upper level is the master suite (700 sq')with sitting area overlooking the river.
The daylight terrace level (900 sq') has a pool table, a large game table, a sleeping area and a full bath.
The all-wood (knotty-pine) cabin has 3 levels.
The master suite has a king-size bed.
One bedroom on main has 2 full-size beds.
One bedroom on main has a king-size that can be split to 2 twins.
The terrace level has 2 twins.
Extra air-mattress beds available upon request.
The Spirit of the River has complete end-of-the-road privacy and seclusion with peace and tranquility balanced with the beautiful sounds of mother nature.
Located just 9 miles northeast of Dahlonega it is convenient to Alpine Helen, Cleveland, Suches, the vineyards, the Appalachian Trail and all of north Georgia.