This luxury home was custom built on 34 acres in 1996, our 6,400 square foot home sits high on the flats with unsurpassed views of Sopris Mountain. It is a breath taking elegant property with plenty of horse pasture, a barn, arena, and a luxury high end home with no corners cut. Built with reclaimed beams from an old railroad track in the Great Salt lake as well as all the reclaimed doors from Mexico and South America, the home is spectacular. The decor is warm and modern with an open kitchen. The home is decorated with Tuscan and mountain ranch decor. Separate Family Room with TV - great area for the kids to hang out.
Great getaway with all the amenities of home. Perfect for any activity in the Aspen/Basalt area. Two miles of picturesque road winding to the property which is ideal for morning hikes, horseback riding, cross country skiing, ATVing, snowmobiling, etc. all available for you to explore.
* Impressive entry, vaulted to frame the Sopris views with flagstone floors, holds two coat closets.
* A pony wall defines the spacious living room, with its dual focus on a glass wall Sopris vista and a stone wall wood-burning fireplace. Cushy seating for up to ten. Special nooks for prized artifacts. Unique wet bar with pass-through to dining room and flow to patio.
* Formal dining room with a stately granite table, eight leather chairs.
* Kitchen for serious cooking. State of the art stainless steel appliances-Viking 6 burner stove, subzero fridge/freezer, 2 Asko dish washers. Ideal for entertaining.
* Intimate media/den with a large TV, dish network satellite system and built in equipment cabinet.
* Office with its own exterior door perfect for a working from home enterprise. Fully equipped with shelving and deep drawers...easily transforms to a formal library.
* The Eastern wing comprises sanctuary for the owners, with its vista graced pillow view, dual fully-outfitted private dressing rooms for her and him, and dual bathrooms, each with luxury fixtures, appliances and finishes. Steam shower, whirl pool bath, towel warmers. Step outside to your private patio, with its outdoor canoe shower, and a path to the extensive decks.
* Upstairs accommodations are very private, reached by a near secret stairway. King bedroom, queen bedroom, double with single bunk bedroom, all with large private balconies and beautiful vistas.
* Mudroom/Laundry with Asko washer/dryer.
* Upstairs den and also additional office/convertible bedroom.
* Attached 3 car garage.
* 3 stall barn with attached garage.
* Outdoor horse arena.
* Flagstone patios.
* Covered porches with chaises.
* Outdoor seating/dinning area with wood burning fireplace and overhead gas heater.
* 34 acres with three fenced pastures. Extensive perennial flower gardens.
Hop in your car for a short 15 minute drive to the town of Basalt, Or a 35 minute ride to the best ski areas in Colorado: Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk and the closest, Snowmass Mountain. Aspen and Basalt feature great restaurants along with unique antique and upscale shopping.
While our home is only 15 minutes from the town of Basalt, you will feel like you are a million miles away. The property blankets the top of beautiful pastures, creating a feeling of seclusion. Look out the windows in any direction to see panoramic views of mountains and pastures. You won't find a more relaxing place around, within such close proximity to any activity you can wish for.
Important distances: 8.5 miles from Basalt, 8.4 miles from Carbondale, 25 miles from Aspen Pitkin County Airport and 28 miles from Aspen and 18 miles from GWS vapor caves and hot springs. Pets welcome, barn and arena available for use-bring your horses.
Other Activities: shopping, kayaking, boating, cross country skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, wildlife viewing, rock climbing, spa, hot air ballooning
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event||Minimum Stay|
Dec 21 - Jan 5
|Discounts: 9 nights or more: $700 Nightly|
|Property Damage Protection||$89.00|
|The property is available for long term rental at a reduced rate so please inquire. Also the property has been rented for many special occasions such as reunions and weddings but includes an additional event rental fee so please inquire about this as well.|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.