Great rental home - so happy with it!
First & foremost, my expectations were exceeded with this rental. Great location, quiet neighborhood, good value! That being said, there were a few minor issues - but the good definitely out-weighed any hiccups we encountered.
* The house is newer construction & could easily accommodate multiple families comfortably - lots of room to move & storage for our stuff. I couldn't help but unload my small suitcase into dresser drawers and onto the provided hangers because I immediately felt at home.
* The décor is minimal & neutral giving you the feeling that you're on vacation at a hotel or B&B instead of feeling like you're staying in a strangers home among their personal belongings. There were plenty of clean towels neatly stowed in each room & and the bed linens were simple, fresh & inviting.
* The main living space is a perfect area for the family to gather & interact with one another. It has an open floor plan & the couch is perfect for the entire family to enjoy the 3 movie channels - Showtime, HBO & Starz (I believe).
THE LESS-THAN-POSITIVES (minor, but worth noting)
* The front door lock box doesn't seem to lock from the outside when the code is entered. We didn't discover this until the end of our stay, but there appears to be an alignment issue & should be corrected for security purposes.
* The house could use an overall 'deep' cleaning. Areas like fan blades, drawer interiors, the ceiling above the stove, a couple burnt lightbulbs, etc - appear to have been overlooked by the cleaning crew. Additionally, my mom advised that the hot tub has a few broken jets & a dirty film surfaced around her when it was turned on. Also, the chlorine ratio bleached her black tank top orange, so it needs adjusting.
3) The TV's & remotes need some attention. For example, the DVD in the top floor bedroom didn't work & one of the lower rooms was missing a remote. The main living room remote was also sticky & missing it's back cover.
Finally, just a suggestion -- it would be AWESOME if the owner could provide 2 inexpensive baby gates for both staircase entrances on the main floor for families w/ small children. Keeping our curious 1 1/2 year old son from taking a bad fall kept us busy & proved to be challenging. I know mom's would be VERY appreciative!
At the end of the day, this rental was perfect for us. We even chose to stay an extra day! I would HAPPILY recommend it & look forward to renting it again in the future!
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children,
Helpful votes: 10/11
Did you find this review helpful?