Inspiration has a way of finding you here, in Nanoose Bay, Vancouver Island, where 11 private acres of beach, evergreens, and trails furnish every luxury required for the proper care and feeding of the soul.
It’s impossible to run out of room—or inspiration—in this classic, Nantucket-style, four-bedroom, 4,000-square-foot seaside retreat, tucked away on a secluded beach near endless meandering trails, sharing epic views with eagles and seals.
Come see why executives and families feel an almost instantaneous sense of peace in this place. (And why you just might, too.)
Intimate enough for family—but not so intimate everyone can’t do their own thing. You can fall asleep on the deck, and let some sun into your soul. In the evenings, light up the fireplace, fit for marshmallows, lovers, and marshmallow-lovers.
Spend an entire week kayaking, scuba diving, resting, reading, swimming, running, and doing nothing at all. World-class bars and spas are always nearby.
A few of the qualities waiting to be uncovered in this exclusive seaside retreat:
• Productivity. Spend some quality think-tank time by the ocean. Enjoy wireless internet access, a ready-for-business office with its own printer and a private entrance to the beach.
• Spaciousness. High ceilings; shabby-chic-meets-the-Hamptons interiors with cream-colored walls; wide-plank, white-oak-stained-dark flooring; exposed beams; marble countertops; travertine.
• Inspiration. A cedar deck that hugs the water as closely as a yacht’s prow.
• Delight. A chef’s kitchen featuring every appliance needed to create the perfect organic-gourmet meal; a nearby organic farm; and, for those who would rather eat tasty meals than prepare them, a chef, available upon request.
• Creativity. Bay windows; ocean views; enough space for up to eight artists and writers to lose themselves in their thoughts.
• Love. A fireplace fit for marshmallows, lovers, and marshmallow-lovers.
• Vitality. Gym; infrared sauna; yoga mats; and instructor available.
• Fun. Kayaks; some of the best scuba-diving in the world; a children’s playhouse; swing and slide set; and a particularly buoyant trampoline.
Let us do the planning. Whether you come straight to the Island or prefer to sneak in a romantic dinner in Vancouver first, I can plan the entire delightful experience. Hiking one day, spa services the next. I believe in possibilities.
Keywords: Seaside Retreat, Island & Mountain View, Gourmet Kitchen, Ocean-Front Cedar Deck, Executive Office
I’m Marlies Venier. Event planner, experience artist, people-hugger. Oh, and former assistant casting director. Modeling was actually my first career, but it didn’t take long for me to find my loyalty to good food ran deeper. So, I worked my way up through the Vancouver movie industry, from talent agent to agency owner, where I found I had a knack for connecting people with just the thing they were looking for. There is nothing I love more than creating delightful, memorable experiences for others.
After my husband, Todd, and I found and rebuilt this place, we spent seven years here, blissfully raising our three adventure-loving children, before moving to Canada’s wine country, Kelowna, British Columbia. This place was such a gift to us—one I am honored to now share with you. The family who lived on this property before mine spent fifty years here, raising their children and grandchildren, filling the walls with love, memories, resonance. Their children and their grandchildren experienced the same joy of freedom my children did. When we decided to develop this property, we wanted that sense of history to stay with the place. So, when the original home was rebuilt, a central pillar was left intact. Once the heart of their home, it has become the heart of ours. And now yours.
My favorite time of year here is summer. We spend afternoons exploring the beach and collecting fresh oysters. There’s almost always a breeze. It is colorful, green and warm It feels comfortable, happy. It’s almost magical. The kids play soccer in the grass. We might make our way into town to see the artists’ studios and to visit one of the many sandy beaches nearby. Or, we might wander down to the Marina on the dock of Schooner Cove, three minutes away, where we get live crab from our fisherman friend, Kim. With a little planning, we can invite our friends over for a fresh oyster and crab dinner, served with the famous Nanoose Edibles nutritional greens, whose farm is just around the corner. Other seasons feel happy here, too. Spring is cool, sunny, full of color, naturally. You’ll spot plenty of wildlife—eagles, whales, harbor seals, sea lions. You might even get caught in the rain. Fall is warm. Green and orange leaves everywhere, impossibly beautiful. Winter sometimes brings snow. The air is cool and damp. Beautiful ocean storms come and they will take your breath away.