Ketchum Lodge Rental Photos and Description
In-Town, Riverfront Home, Sleeps 8-14
The Hideaway, located in West Ketchum, is an AIA award-winning home built on the former location of the historic Hideaway Motel. Featured in publications and on HGTV, the house was built in a thoroughly modern yet rustic style that reflects its gorgeous surroundings at the base of Bald Mountain. The home is spacious yet cozy at the same time; a small group is just as comfortable in a great room that can accommodate a sit down dinner for 18 or a reception for 100. Parties extend onto the expansive lawn during the summer – ideal for a bonfire by the river, croquet, bocce ball, and tented events. The Hideaway is on one of the local’s favorite in-town, fly-fishing holes on the Big Wood River, just before the confluence with Warm Springs.
The Hideaway is only 2 blocks away from the bike/groomed cross country trail, public tennis courts, soccer fields and a playground. A short stroll gets you to downtown Ketchum’s shops, restaurants, movie theatres and Friday night Art Walk. The Sun Valley Resort ski lodges, golf course and tennis courts, and two expansive gyms with swimming pools are an easy bike, walk or drive from the house.
The Hideaway has 4 bedrooms with bathrooms en suite (plus 2 loft spaces and an open studio with futon bedding that share bathrooms).
• The Guest Master Bedroom is a stunningly romantic, private space for a couple. Accessible and private – it’s on the ground floor. (Family option: A family of 4, with kids old enough to climb a ladder to access the 2 single futons in the loft, can also comfortably occupy this space.)
• 2 Bunk Rooms (double beds below, singles above)
• Sunrise Room (one queen bed)
The house can easily accommodate a large group, when you include the shared spaces listed below. These two areas are great for people who don’t mind a more casual space (these areas do not have blackout window-coverings and share bathrooms):
- Loft above bunk room has two futons (1 full, 1 queen)
- Studio above garage has 2 queen and a single futon.
WORK & PLAY
The library, off the Great Room serves as a convenient, yet private office space. Wi-Fi is available throughout the house. The Master Bedroom, Great Room and Library all have state-of-the-art audio/visual systems. The backyard features direct access to the Big Wood River, stunning views, and a hot tub.
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN INFO & PHOTOS
• The HGTV Amazing Log Homes show (Episode HLOGS-S07H) first aired on 4/29/2007. It continues to be aired about every 6 months.
• Cover Article, Sun Valley magazine Architecture and Interiors annual issue, 2004 S
• Cover Article, My House in the Mountain States magazine, Mar/Apr 2005
• Feature Article, Timber Homes Illustrated magazine, August 2005
• Featured on the 2004 Ketchum Community Library tour of Homes.
The house is available year round. We require a 4-night minimum stay, except for the Christmas/New Year’s holidays when we request a two-week minimum.
Keywords: The Hideaway: Sun Valley, Ketchum, Idaho, Architecturally Stunning, Log & Recycled Barn Wood, Cozy but Large, Spacious, AIA Award-Winning Design, Convenient to Town, Golf, Swim, Gym, Ski, Skiing, Skating, Biking, Restaurants, Entertainment, Theater, Music, Sun, Sun Valley Center for the Arts Wine Auction
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
About The Owner
We are world travelers who started taking our children to developing countries when they were only 6 months old. Our home reflects our love for global design - antique doors and furniture from Morocco, India, China, and Mexico are highlights.
The Owner purchased this lodge in 2003
Why The Owner chose Ketchum
Wonderful small town: cosmopolitan, yet safe for activities with small children and seniors (slow speed limit, easy access).
What makes this lodge unique
The Hideaway is truly that - a peaceful oasis that couldn't be more convenient to the amenities in town.