Snow Summit Chalet Rental Photos and Description
Spacious Living Areas Upstairs * 3 Bedrooms Down * 2 Queensize and 3 Single Beds
* Located Just steps - about 100 yards-- to the Snow Summit Ski Slopes
* This is a 'Drive-Up' unit (a wonderful convenience not often considered) with ample parking at the unit.
* Just place your skis, boots, and ski wear in the ski locker just inside the entry, ... and 'Come on in'!
* We have INTERNET SERVICE.... and a 'Play Station 2' for guests to enjoy.
* Because we were looking for the 'Ski Chalet' feeling, we chose a tri-level unit (#129 - see complex map) with a Brick Fireplace and Hearth, and High, Vaulted 'A-Frame' Ceilings! We have since added New Flooring; 2 Flat-Screen TV's and DVD Players in the Upstairs Living Areas; 3 Flat-Screen TVs (with DVD players) in each of the bedrooms; and a New Granite Kitchen (with Breakfast bar) ... and the following: a 'Panini' maker, a crock pot, and a Kreiger Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate Brewer (Don't forget to bring your favorite brew!).
*The Upstairs Living area also features an expandable Dining Table; 2 Separate Living/Lounging areas (each with Convertible Sofa-Beds); a wonderful outdoor Balcony/Patio; and an array of family table games and videos to make this the 'Best' Ski/Mountain Vacation Experience yet!
All 3 Bedrooms, including Master Suite, are located Downstairs where it is Cooler in the Summer, and each contains a flat-screen TV with built-in DVD players, and sleeping accommodations for Seven (queen beds in two of the rooms and 3 Twins in the 3rd Bedroom).
Activities: Skiing at Snow Summit or Bear Mountain; Mountain Biking on the Summit; Hiking; all Water Sports at Big Bear Lake - including wakeboarding, water skiing, and a water park; Bowling; 2 Movie Theatres; a Wonderful Zoo; Golf; Wonderful Restaurants; and so much more...
Keywords: Townhouse, Townhome, Cabin-Like Townhome, Cabin-Like Townhouse, Tri-Level Townhouse, Tri-Level Townhome, Tri-Level Condo, Chalet, Ski Chalet
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets considered
- non smoking only
Why The Owner chose Snow Summit
For many years growing up in Southern California our family made the 2-hour drive/trip up to Snow Summit, Big Bear Lake, and Big Bear Mountain from the Southern California flat lands. And now we were doing the same with our children. In 2004 we had the opportunity to puchase one of the only 'drive-up','ski-in' units at Snow Summit, Unit #129 at Escape Townhouses, and we have not looked back... For friends, family, and guests the convenience is truly appreciated.
What makes this chalet unique
Aside from our enjoyment of the Snow Summit Skiing experience, our kids have spent hours building snow forts and having snowball fights. In the Summer chasing squirrels takes priority for the kids; while mom and dad enjoy the fireplace, or relaxing after a day on the lake; or cooking and reading on the balcony, or just relaxing watching a ball game or video on any one of the 4 TVS.