Lourmarin House Rental Photos and Description
Accessed by a private road that winds through a 1000 acre wine estate, this spacious and comfortable Bastide enjoys not just beautiful scenery but complete privacy. The twenty acre property consists of a six-bedroom house (sleeping twelve), extensive gardens, an exceptional swimming pool, fields of lavender, vineyard, wheat field and an ancient oak woodland.
Bastide Lavande is less than an hour from Marseille International airport and the TVG stations of Aix-en-Provençe and Avignon
* Bedroom 1 - King or 2 twin beds with bathroom across hall (Bath tub, sink, WC)
* Bedroom 2 - King or 2 twin beds with bathroom across the hall (Walk-in shower, sink, WC)
* Bedroom 3 -King or 2 twin beds (shares bathroom with Bedroom 2)
* Bedroom 4 - King or 2 twin beds with en-suite bathroom (bath tub, sink, WC)
* Bedroom 5 - King 400 square foot Master en-suite bedroom with 1500 square foot private balcony overlooking the lavender field and vineyards. Large en-suite bathroom includes large walk-in Italian shower, claw foot tub, 2 sinks, WC and bidet.
* Bedroom 6 - King 250 square foot Master en-suite bedroom with 1000 square foot private balcony overlooking the lavender field and vineyards. Large en-suite bathroom includes large walk-in Italian shower, separate tub, 2 sinks, WC and bidet
* Broadband Internet/ WiFi
* Satellite TV with English News Channels
* Cd player/ stereo
* iPod Dock (speaker base)
* Fans In each Bedroom
* Fully Equipped Kitchen including Dishwasher
* Washing Machine
* Clothes Dryer
* Iron and Ironing Board
* Hair dryers in each bathroom
* Indoor Dining for 12
* Wood Burning Fireplace
* Extra/ Roll away beds
* English-speaking House Manager/ Caretaker
* Baby Crib/ Cot
* All linens provided
* Pool towels
* 10 Sun Loungers
* Pool House
* Outdoor Terraces and Balconies
* Outdoor Dining for 12 People
* Wood-burning Barbecue
* Shaded and Grassy areas
* Private Parking
* Beautiful View
Bastide Lavande is close to Pertuis, a sizable little town, similar in feeling to Aix-en-Provençe, 20 km to the south. There are all the shops and services of a town, and the bustle of being at the crossroads of two busy highways. It's a traditional town however, with lots of narrow streets, vaulted arches and many fountains, some dating from the 16th to 19th centuries.
Vestiges of the medieval past include a 13th-century tower, now a bell tower, parts of the 14th century defensive wall, remains of a 16th-century château, and a clock-tower campanile built in 1605. The tourist bureau is located in a great old château.
The easiest way to get to Inland Provence from the US is to fly to Marseilles International Airport (MRS). If you would like to see Paris, fly to Charles de Gaulle Airport then connect directly to the TGV(high speed train) from CDG TGV2 to Aix en Provence TGV(3 hours direct) and rent a car. You would plan to see Paris on the way back, taking the TGV from Aix TGV to Gare de Lyon, getting a cab to your hotel in the city.