|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
TOP TEN REASONS TO STAY AT FIREFLY COTTAGE
1. A peaceful, pristine, spring fed lake is right at your door step! Offering great swimming and fishing plus two kayaks, a dock and a swim float. Our lake side deck is a great place to sit and enjoy the sound of the loons or the pretty views of our coastal mountains. A small firepit to roast marshmallows sits next to the deck. Steps lead down into the lake for easy access.
2. Our charming cottage sits 100 feet from the shore of Hobbs Pond in a quiet, private setting under beautiful trees. It sleeps four very comfortably in two bedrooms with pine floors, one with a queen bed and the other with two twin beds. Full bathroom with shower/tub. Well equipped kitchen. Attractively decorated with braided rugs and comfortable furnishings. WiFi, flat screen TV with DVD player, board games, DVDs, books, deck with gas grill and picnic table, kid friendly. Hammock to take a nap in. Quality bed linens are provided on the beds. The seaside town of Camden is just a 10 minute drive away. Rentals run Saturday to Saturday in July and August. Two night minimum stay in June, Sept and October.
3. We may be a small town but our area is resplendent with cultural attractions. Museums, art galleries, music festivals, Lobster Festival, film festival, wineries, antique stores and shows/music/movies at the Camden Opera House and Strand Theater are just a fraction of the things to do here.
4. The Great Outdoors: This is where the mountains meet the sea and we have many hiking trails for all abilities that allow you to see it all. Follow the trails in Camden Hills State Park, Coastal Mountain Land Trust and Georges River Land Trust. You can also rent bikes to cruise our local back roads.
5. Our area is a Foodies Paradise. Camden, Rockport and Rockland are home to many fine, great restaurants of all kinds. Cooking classes are also offered locally. Hope has it's own pub (Hatchet Mountain Public House) where the locals unwind with a mug a beer. Many restaurants have outdoor seating in the summer, some with tables right on Camden Harbor.
6. Speaking of Camden Harbor, our harbor hosts a hub of activities including sailing, kayaking, paddleboarding and sightseeing. Take a two hour cruise on an historical schooner such as the Appledore or Olad. We delight in the vast array of tall masted ships that sail through our waters.
7. Lobster! Maine's iconic food can be enjoyed in so many ways. From lobster roll shacks to gourmet preparations, you'll find plenty of ways to scratch your lobster itch at our local restaurants. The Maine Lobster Festival is held in early August. Firefly Cottage is also equipped with a lobster pot so that you can cook your own.
8. Gateway to Downeast: We are centrally located on Maine's midcoast making us an ideal launching point for explorations to Acadia National Park, Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, lighthouses, beaches, Fort Knox (bring your flashlights) and many other fun places to explore.
9. The People: Our area's rare beauty is paralleled by its sense of place. Perhaps it's due to our cold Maine winters when we all look after each other, but the people who call our area home are some of the most friendly, ruggedly refined folks you will ever meet. You will be welcomed with open arms.
10. Firefly Cottage is THE best value on Hobbs Pond and especially in our surrounding area. We want you to have an affordable vacation while still experiencing an attractive, comfortable and clean place to stay while you are visiting. The cottage is close enough to the owners' home (2 miles) that we can be of assistance to our guests if needed, while still offering you privacy. We truly live in an authentically quaint and charming community. We take pride in our community and it's surroundings and hope that is reflected in everything we do. Unplug, unwind and enjoy your family and friends in a place you will want to return to again and again.
FIREFLY COTTAGE IS A SMOKE FREE HOME. NO PETS, PLEASE. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY IS 4 GUESTS. ALL BED LINENS ARE PROVIDED. WE ASK THAT YOU BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS.
My husband and I run two local businesses. Firefly Restoration Co restores antique fire trucks. Misty Mountain Seed Co. offers seed gifts at gift shops throughout New England. We have raised two sons in Hope and believe in giving back to our community, previously running the Hope 4 Jazz Festival and helping to raise funds to preserve Hatchet Mountain.
Kathryn Swift purchased this cottage in 2000
Hobbs Pond is one of the most pristine and quietest lakes in the area with awesome swimming, boating, fishing, loons and other wildlife. You will experience privacy, peace and quiet when you want it, yet are still close to many things to do and see. Camden is just a 10 minute drive away with many activities, restaurants, shops and galleries. Acadia National Park is a wonderful day trip.
The lakeside deck is a wonderful place to sit by the lake, watch the kids swim, have a drink and offers gorgeous views of the Camden Hills. Loons abound in the lake and you will enjoy their calls. Our hammock is the perfect place to take a nap. The cottage is close enough to our home (2 miles) that we can be of assistance to our guests if needed, while still offering you privacy.
We stayed at Firefly Cottage for a week and loved it. Hobb's Pond is a peaceful lake that is very clean. The loons were wonderful to listen to and we even saw a bald eagle. Camden is a delightful town to be a tourist in and there are many activities to do within just a few miles.
The cottage is very comfortable for a family of 4 and is very clean and decorated in a very pleasing way. The new deck next to the lake was a great place to drink our morning coffee and greet the day. The owners are also very friendly and eager to make sure your vacation is enjoyable. They left fresh flowers in the cottage for us and packets of Maine wildflowers. The swimming and fishing were great fun for our kids and the kayaks allowed us to really explore the lake. We found a great sand beach across the lake from the cottage.
We enjoyed our stay at Firefly immensely and plan to return someday. We felt it was a great value for such a nice little home and would recommend it to anyone wanting a relaxing vacation.
Our family loved this cottage! Our goal on this vacation was to take day trips to many of the harbor towns nearby...only it was very hard to get our kids to leave the cottage because they were having so much fun. It was so relaxing, clean and quiet. I enjoyed my mornings by having my coffee sitting down on the deck and my evening strolls in the kayak. We even had a little fire in the fire pit one night and had smores. This was one of our most enjoyable family vacations. Kathy (the owner) was so helpful to answer all my questions before booking and also gave me suggestions about restaurants and area attractions. I would definitely book this cottage in the future and have already recommended it to family & friends.
Property was just as described in an excellent setting and equipped.Great week was had by the family and we were entertained daily with the Chipmunks and Red Squirrels as well as the Loons.
Fishing on the lake was good with a couple of nice sized bass caught.Added bonus was watching a Bobcat coming up from the Lake past the house.
Would definately recommend this property.
This was a cute cottage on a peaceful pond (which was more like a lake to us). The cottage had a beautiful view with a great dock for sitting. We enjoyed using the kayaks and fishing poles. There were lots of things to do in the area, but the cottage was in a quiet location which was wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!
What a week it was at Firefly Cottage!
The weather was perfect, the fishing was OUTSTANDING, and the chipmunks were quite 'talkative'. (Lots of chatter between them up in the trees...makes for a fun 5 o'clock Happy Hour on the waterfront deck! ) :-D
Noticed more loons this year, which is always a good sign! On Wednesday afternoon, 'Momma Loon' left 'Baby Loon' about 10 feet down the shoreline off the dock to go rustle up some grub. When she returned 'Baby Loon' flapped its wings in excitement and swam out quickly to 'Momma'. Very precious moment that can only be witnessed on the quiet tranquil lakes and ponds of Mid Coast Maine!
Once again, a big THANK YOU to the Swift family for making us feel right at home. The 'welcome basket' is a special touch.
We'll be in touch soon to inquire about Summer 2013!
The setting is very beautiful and serene. The owner left flowers and a welcome gift which was very thoughtful and invited us to the clean, nicely furnished cottage. The loons were also an extra special treat to the surroundings. We watched the tape on loons and really understood the wonderful creation and their song, especially in the evening we waited to hear as we fell asleep.
The only thing that was disappointing was that a boat was listed in the amentities and that was not there. There were 3 kayaks. Also, it is listed that there is TV and a VCR. There is no reception for any television shows at all and you can only play VCR tapes on the TV that are provided by the owner. Mostly childrens tapes. I believe television should not be listed as one of the amenities, since there is no reception. Maybe they could provide a DVD player for those rainy nights. Atleast you could rent a movie from the grocery store if you desire. The amenities should be updated and be specific concerning the television and the boat. Also. WiFi is not listed, but most people rely on this, in some instances, even on vacation.
The owner was very nice and inviting and it was decorated as a home away from home.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 13 2015 - Aug 29 2015
7 night minimum stay
Aug 30 2015 - Oct 18 2015
2 night minimum stay
From $900/Week $1700/Two Weeks VALUE WEEK!! JULY 12TH TO 18TH - $750.00 plus 8 % Maine state lodging tax
JUNE THROUGH AUGUST. - $900/week $1700 for 2 weeks + 8% lodging tax.
SEPT AND OCT - $140/night with a minimum two night stay. $900/week
WE BEGIN TAKING RESERVATIONS FOR 2015 ON JAN 1ST. TERMS - 50% DEPOSIT by CREDIT CARD and SIGNED RENTAL AGREEMENT to secure reservation. $100 sec deposit and balance due 60 days prior to arrival. Weekly rental period runs from 4 PM Sat. to 10 AM on the following Sat.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.