Manistee House Rental Photos and Description
Large 2-story lake front home + rustic cabin - sleeps 14 in 6 br/3 baths total
Our updated (2005), rustic-style, lakefront home on an all sand Lake Michigan private beach offers the following:
- Spacious 2500 sf 2-story home with 1.5 kitchens, 2 family rooms, 5 bedrooms and 2 baths.
- The property is surrounded by trees yet so close to the beach you will be lulled to sleep by the sound of the waves.
- Enjoy gathering in the large white-washed, knotty-pine great room with a stone-covered fireplace (non-working), sitting area with 2 leather sofas facing the flat screen tv and views of the lake. The great room also has a dining area for 8, sliders to the deck and a newer maple kitchen with a table for 4.
- 2 bedrooms are on this level. The larger king is close to the full bath with a shower/tub and the cozy twin is off the tv area.
- A sun room with a panoramic view of the lake is right off of the great room and has a twin pullout.
- This floor has a more modern feel because it was built out new in 2005. It has 3 bedrooms, a full bath with laundry facilities, a mini-kitchen with sink, refrigerator and micorwave and a nice family room facing the lake. There is also an alcove with a trundle bed.
NOTE: Inside access between the 2 floors is a circular staircase.
6th BEDROOM/3RD BATH: The 1940's pine cottage located next to the main home has a sleeping room 2 beds, a separate bath (shower stall) and is perfect for your teens or family member's who want added privacy without frills.
THE MAIN HOUSE: The main 2nd floor kitchen includes refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster and coffeepot, as well as dishes, utensils and pots and pans. 2nd floor kitchen, with a table for 4, is part of the 2 story great room which also has a living area with tv, dining table for 8 and is right off of the sunroom. The 1st floor kitchen has a small refrigerator, coffee pot and sink. There is a table and chairs for 4 with a lake view.
Telephone for free local and long distance in the US. Basic cable TV and VCR/DVD in 2nd floor living area and TV with VCR on the 1st floor. Charcoal Grill.
This is a 'green house'. Recycling encouraged.
The property is about 6 miles north of the city of Manistee and 7 miles South of Onekama.
Golf at Arcadia National which in only about 10 miles north of us.
No smoking, please. Pet welcome. Please inquire.
- pets not allowed
- non smoking only
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- wheelchair accessible
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- children welcome
Guestbook comments from the owner
Summer renters: Thanks to all for a successful second season. The weather was lovely and the lake was warm and we're happy to have contributed to your family memories.We value each and everyone of our guests and our only goal is to offer you a comfortable place to spend special time with family and friends.
We love Lake Michigan! We love the sounds, the smells, the views and most especially the calm, peaceful feeling of being up north.
This home is most loved by anyone who loves a cabin-ey feeling, shades of vacations from long ago. The recent updates make it comfortable and are appreciated. The lawn area between the house and the beach is also enjoyed for games and relaxing. The small frog pond is a great attraction for the little ones.