Welcome to the Russell, a welcoming and comfortable two bedroom, one bathroom vacation rental located in South Kensington near Museum Row and fabulous London shopping along Kensington High Street. Step into the spacious living room and dining area where you'll enjoy relaxing during your stay in London. With a fully equipped modern kitchen you can spend leisurely evenings dining at home with your family or friends. The Russell features a master bedroom with queen size bed and a second bedroom with two twin beds, making it a perfect spot for a family with children. There's even the added bonus of free off-street parking, which is ideal if you're arriving by car!
The Russell is conveniently situated in South Kensington just a straight shot to Museum Row where you can visit the popular Natural History Museum, the outstanding decorative arts collections at the Victoria & Albert Museum or see a concert at the Royal Albert Hall. You'll also be near the trendy Kensington High Street lined with popular shops and great restaurants. Walk to Holland Park or Kensington Gardens where you can visit Kensington Palace, once the home of Lady Diana and now the home of her son Prince William and his wife Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge. With the London Underground nearby you can catch the Tube direct to many of London's top sights, including Big Ben, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus, the theatre district, Notting Hill and more.
- High Street Kensington: many excellent shops (including Marks & Spencers), cafés and restaurants
- Kensington Gardens where you can walk, picnic, bicycle and paddle a boat along the
- Kensington Palace where Princess Diana lived, a must see. Displays of Diana's ball gowns which you'll recognize from photographs. A fascinating display of coming out gowns from Victorian times, when young women were presented to the Queen.
- Victoria and Albert Museum - famous for decorative arts and clothing design.
- The Royal Albert Hall hosts excellent concerts all year long
- Supermarkets nearby, good pizzeria's, pubs, restaurants and cafés.
- Public Transport: Earl's Court Tube - direct to many London sites such as Tower of London, Big Ben and Westminster, Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus, Covent Garden, Notting Hill, and more.