Enjoy Hawaiian-style living in this gracious three bedroom Kailua beachside home. You are our only guests, and you will appreciate the new kitchen, quality beds, linens, furnishings, cleanliness, and the comfort of being at home in our quiet residential neighborhood.
Walk 100 yards down our private lane to the beach through the keyed gate without ever having to cross a street. When you are finished boogie boarding and playing in the white kailua beach 'sugar sand,' wander back home and enjoy your own private and spectacular sand bottom lagoon-style pool with its large lava rock waterfall. Small children will especially enjoy its spacious 18' deep shelf designed to give them a water play area.
Terminology clarification as you evaluate properties:
1. 'Beach side' does not mean 'Beach front.' 'Beach side' *should* mean that the home is on the beach side of Kalaheo Avenue and there will be no streets to cross to get to the beach. Please ask the property owner if there are any streets to cross to get to the beach.
2. A 'Beach Front' home is actually on the beach.
3. 'Ocean Front' in Kailua means there are only rocks in the front of the property and there is no beach. You will need to drive to get to the beach.
4. 'Ocean View' means that you will have a view of the ocean, but the home is likely up on a hillside.
Questions to ask other property owners:
1. Do I have to cross any streets to get to the beach?
2. Is there a private beach right-of-way for my use? If not, how far is the public right-of-way?
3. Will we be the only renters on the property?
Keywords: House, villa, home
Born and raised in Hawaii, Robert is a New York attorney who brings his family home whenever possible.
With the plan to move home to Hawaii once the children are in college, the opportunity to buy the property next to our family home was simply too good to pass up.
The property is beautiful and gives us the chance to relax and enjoy what I took for granted growing up. The neighbors are interesting and friendly, and the children enjoy running from house to house, playing with the neighborhood kids, swimming in the pool and going to the beach. We cannot do that in New York.
canoes, stand-up paddle boards, kite sailing
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.