Kailua House Rental Photos and Description
House, 5 Bedrooms 2.5+ Baths, (Sleeps 10-12)
Imagine living on a private lane just three houses from beautiful Kailua (Oahu) beach in a sparkling, spacious (3300 sq. ft.) fully equipped executive home! Its new kitchen, huge pool,new tropical furnishings and lovely gardens reflect the gracious Hawaiian living that has made the islands famous.
We have just installed a photo-voltaic system to minimize our carbon footprint, and you can monitor the daily progress yourselves. Air conditioned throughout, you will love our huge family and living rooms that open to the pool and yard. The new custom kitchen reflects our open island living with views of the pool, living and family areas. And, it is fully stocked with quality cookware, utensils and a starter supply of paper goods and fresh fruits for when you decide to use the gas Weber grill instead of eating out in Kailua's outstanding restaurants.
From fresh flowers and boogie boards to a blender for tropical drinks, nearly everything is provided for your perfect Hawaiian family vacation. We focus on the details that are important to you!
At Hiatt Hale, you will enjoy both comfort and luxury.
Terminology clarification as you evaluate properties:
1. 'Beach side' does not mean 'Beach front.' 'Beach side' *should* mean that the home is on the beach side of Kalaheo Avenue and there will be no streets to cross to get to the beach. Please ask the property owner if there are any streets to cross to get to the beach.
2. A 'Beach Front' home is actually on the beach.
3. 'Ocean Front' in Kailua means there are only rocks in the front of the property and there is no beach. You will need to drive to get to the beach.
4. 'Ocean View' means that you will have a view of the ocean, but the home is likely up on a hillside.
Questions to ask other property owners:
1. Do I have to cross any streets to get to the beach?
2. Is there a private beach right-of-way for my use? If not, how far is the public right-of-way?
3. Will we be the only renters on the property?
Keywords: House, villa, home,
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
About Carolyn Hiatt
Past president of the Rotary Club of Honolulu Sunrise, Carolyn is active in a variety of community service activities. She is a recently retired technology teacher for K-5 students at an (pk -12)Independent International Baccalaureate certified school right here in Kailua. In her spare time, Carolyn enjoys walking on the beach, traveling, and spending time with family.
Carolyn Hiatt purchased this house in 1971
Why Carolyn Hiatt chose Kailua
This has been our family home since 1971, but I started the vacation rental in 1987 as the children grew up and and moved away to start college. It became a perfect opportunity to keep and maintain my home while meeting interesting people from around the world.
What makes this house unique
This is a residential neighborhood with wonderful, friendly neighbors. This is why we specialize in families. When my own family arrives the grandchildren run, bike, and play with the neighborhood children.
Guestbook comments from the owner
I submitted a review. After I re-read my review, I realized I wrote it was a three minute walk to the beach. I should have written it was a one minute walk to the beach. If you review it before it is posted can you change that for me? Thanks.
Thanks again for the rental of your amazing house...... wishing we were still there!