Second time here was so disappointing!
I was very dissatisfied with the condition of the vacation rental.
I was very happy with the location.
The vacation rental was clean.
The property manager was more than helpful.
Overall, I do not recommend this vacation rental.
Second time here was so disappointing! Sad, sad house.
We stayed at this house 3 years ago and had a wonderful time. When we got to the house this year, there was a horrible mold smell in the downstairs bedrooms and hall. The hall carpet was soaking wet. We assumed it was due to the rain storm and reported it to SSVR the next morning. It turns out that the water heater had been leaking.(kudos to SSVR for getting it replaced that day) The roof was leaking in several places- there was a bowl with a towel in the middle of the living room to catch one of the leaks. The back windows were leaking as well. The bedding was worn and the towels were all old and frayed. The kitchen was still fine but one skillet is not sufficient for 9 people staying there. We ended up having to leave a day early as the mold was making 3 of our guests sick. This is a nice home in a great location that has been sadly neglected and is in need of repair. I hope that the owners show it some TLC.
Manager responded on 2/9/2012:
Thank you for your feedback. Both the smell and wet carpet was to due to the water heater leaking on the day of guest check in. We immediately replaced the water heater and cleaned up the water. I am pleased to let you know the smell definetely isn't mold, just musty from the water leak. It has been cleaned up, dried and good as new! There were a few leaks found due to the heavy rains we have had, but the owners took immediate action to repair them. There are plenty of new bedding and towels and also the owner purchased several new frying pans.
Did you find this review helpful?