Some mundane info to save you time:
* MAX 2 PEOPLE (in same bed), no exceptions. No 3rd person, no cot, floor or sofa sleeping, sorry.
* $3200 per month (28 days or a calendar month)
* $1200 per week (7 nights). 1 week absolute minimum.
Welcome to Daisy! One of the best deals on Home Away in Boston. This is an entire, private apartment with your own kitchen & bath on the first floor of a 3-family Victorian house, you are not sharing the space with anyone. (It's common in Boston that old houses are divided into several apartments.)
Whether you are a visiting professional or a new grandparent, 'Daisy' is a home away from home. Jamaica Plain is a vibrant, hip, green, park-filled neighborhood of Boston with its own walkable restaurant/shopping district, yet a short 15 minute train ride to Downtown Boston. The greenery will fool you into thinking you are farther outside the city! Click 'More Details' below here, to the left to read more:
* Squeaky clean & handsomely furnished
* Beautiful light, charm, open feel, hardwood floors
* 40 inch TV with Cable & Roku (stream movies & shows), and high speed internet, with a cable or wireless
* All utilities included
* Laundry right outside apartment door, no steps up or down
* Roomier than most 2 bedrooms! 900 sq ft (84 sq meters)
* Grocery store, pharmacy, etc within short walk--no car needed! (But fairly easy, on-street parking, no permit required if you do have a car. Also, Zipcars very close by.
* Steps to public transportation: #39 bus at end of my block goes past Harvard Medical School / HSPH / Longwood Ave Medical Area and down to Copley Square. A 5-8 minute walk to the Orange line train which goes directly to Back Bay, Tufts Medical Center and Downtown Boston in 10-15 minutes. Mass General Hospital an easy train ride too.
* Few blocks walk to gorgeous parks (Jamaica Pond, Arnold Arboretum and more) and downtown JP's many shops and restaurants
* Cheerful eat-in-kitchen
* Dining room that can double as an office
* Petite but spa-like, gorgeously tiled bathroom
* Spacious bedroom with comfy 'Sleep Number' queen bed
* A friendly, shared front porch with couch
* Cozy, flowered, back yard and patio
* Permit free parking, much easier than other neighborhoods
I love to decorate, so I hope you enjoy this colorful, perhaps a tad eclectic home!
Mature and considerate folks only, please. This is a family-oriented, mostly owner-occupied neighborhood and I wish to respect my neighbors. No undergrad students or rowdy travelers, please! : )
[Written in an email as the customer did not come through this website.] We stayed in Daisy from mid-December 2013 for two weeks, and found the apartment very comfortable, cosy, neat, and clean. It was also very quiet, something we noticed and valued, it being our third place in JP on our extended visit. The apartment is conveniently placed, near the subway and bus, the main roads, stores, restaurants, with Jamaica Pond, the Arboretum and Franklin Park all in walking distance. It is extremely well-equipped, with most things you would need at your finger-tips! Tracey is meticulous in her attention to detail and extremely helpful, but not intrusive which makes for a great balance. We would definitely recommend it to others. A great place in a great suburb!
I am originally from the Midwest, but came to Boston to 'try out the East Coast' about 19 years ago and fell in love with New England. Daisy (the house) was an extreme fixer-upper when I bought her and I have been working on her for 15 years. Seems she will never be done--but I'm making progress hopefully!
Daisy is in a friendly, community oriented neighborhood and so close to everything: the parks, restaurants and shops of JP *and* to Downtown Boston--I was very lucky to settle here when I did!
Boston is a fantastic town to visit, especially if you are a history or architecture or museum buff. There are so many things to do here, but also all over the region! Places like Salem, Lowell, Plymouth Plantation or the Newport Mansions are easy day trips. Great overnight trips may include the Norman Rockwell Museum and Mass MOCA (the largest Contemporary Art Museum in the Country!), Portland, Maine (cute coastal town with fantastic food!) or Providence, Rhode Island or even New York City (a cheap, 4 hour bus ride away!) This beautiful region is all within reach here from Boston, MA. Enjoy!
Jamaica Plain could well be the greenest neighborhood of Boston, with Harvard's 265 acre Arnold Arboretum and beautiful Jamaica Pond--both jewels of the Emerald Necklace and lovely places to stroll.
Originally a summer spot for the rich of Boston and home to many beer breweries, you will find an interesting mix of Victorian mansions and 'triple-deckers', many of which have been extensively renovated in the last few decades. Jamaica Plain has become a haven for artists and a hip and sought-after place to be, with its own 'downtown' featuring many restaurants and shops to enjoy. Then, when you are ready for The Big City, with all it's world class museums, historical sightseeing, music, festivals, shopping and a slew of universities, you can hop on the Orange Line to be in Downtown Boston in 10-15 minutes. Jamaica Plain is the best place to live in Boston by far--ask any JP'er! I landed here 18 years ago and never left. JP is home.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$49|
|Notes||* MAX 2 GUESTS who sleep in the same Queen bed, no exceptions. No sofa bed, cot, etc. No 3rd occupant.
* $49 flat fee for insurance via HomeAway.
* $1200 per week (7 nights). $3200 per month (28 days or a calendar month). Prorated accordingly. 1 week absolute minimum stay. Rates are firm.
* If staying 5+ wks, you will be required to use cleaning service every 2 weeks for $60 per time.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.