|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
We have a variety of rental cabins to meet your need for any getaway - family vacation, friendly outing or romantic interlude. Several modern, knotty pine cabins nestled in a wooded setting along the Bennett Branch of Sinnemahoning Creek in the shadows of Moshannon and Elk State Forests. Five cabins with two bedrooms each - one which is handicap / wheelchair accessible and five 'romantic' cabins with great room including a whirlpool tub fit for two to use! Separate utility shanty / community building includes phone, TV/VCR/DVD, the main hub for high speed wireless internet access (7 total hubs on grounds), coin operated washer/dryer, games, reading materials and information on local attractions.
Cabins sleep from one to six people per cabin.
The cabin grounds are arranged to provide privacy at each cabin yet allow group gatherings to have ease of movement. Picnic pavilion on the grounds (four 6 person tables) with its own fire ring.
Great place to enjoy all that mother nature can offer in Pennsylvania - plenty of woods, trails, and wildlife in the area including the largest free-roaming elk herd east of the Mississippi.
Driving excursions include wineries, antique shops, historic sites, and scenic tours. Stop at the Elk Country Visitor Center or the historic Straub Brewery.
Cabins fully furnished and equipped with many extras to give you the escape you want and the quality time we all need. Contact us to arrange your getaway!
Keywords: Modern Knotty Pine Cabins
We have been open since October, 2003 and have gained a good bit of repeat guests and word-of-mouth marketing is starting to work. The grounds have grown over from the buiding of Wapiti Woods and we have been able to make improvments with lighting and electrity into the pavilion, brochure racks and book/movie shelves in the shanty and landscaping. It has turned out to be a real sweet hideaway for people. Real proud of our accomplishment - so far!!!
In a nutshell....so much to do and enjoy:
- Elk and other Wildlife Viewing (Quehanna Wild Area, Moshannon State Forest, Elk State Forest, Allegheny National Forest and various state parks......);
- Bird Watching (Shaggers Inn, Beaver Run, Clarion River, Little Drummer, George Stevenson Dam.....);
- Antique/Craft Stores (Grant's Pass, Elk Country Store, Ridgway, Hollywood Exchange....);
- Taverns (Big Trout, Benezette Hotel, Medix Inn, Weedville Hotel, Jeeppinn, Gunners.....);
- Wineries Ground Hog Wine Trail!!), the Straub Brewery and Distilleries;
- Historical Sites (Ridgway, Clarion River Rails to Trails, Arroyo, Kinzua Bridge State Park, Lumber Museum, Zippo Factory & Museum.....);
- Floating / Canoeing / Kayaking local rivers (Clarion River, West Branch of the Susquehanna.......Country Squirrel Outfitters, LAzy River Canoe Rental; McCrackin Canoes);
- Hiking & Snowshoeing (Fred Woods Trail, Pine Tree Trail, Elk Trail, Bucktail Trail, Quehanna Trail and cross connectors, Parker Dam State Park, Wykoff Run Wild Area......) and
- scenic drives (Elk Scenic Drive, Bucktail Trail, Wykoff Run Road, Caledonia Pike, SR 120, SR 555 and much more!).
Be sure to visit the Elk Country Visitors Center and the Keystone Elk Country Alliance (and support the effort!).
Visit local train tunnels or bridges - built during the Civil War!
Fish the local waters for trout, bass, catfish, perch and more.
Hunt local woods for elk, deer, bear, turkey, grouse and more.
Bike along the Clarion River/Little Toby Creek Rails to Trails or one of many local back roads.
Visit the Cross or Decker's Chapel.
Stop by local artisan or craft shops - Laughing Dog Mosaics, Donnell's Gift Shop, Nuthatch Studio, Myers Welding and Fabricating, Elk County Council on the Arts, Appalachian Arts Studio w/ the Chainsaw Rendezvous.
Or, plan to visit and attend a local festival or fair - Elk Expo, Ridgway Chainsaw Rendezvous, County Fair in Clearfield, Elk and Jefferson Counties; Tasting in the Wilds; Firemen's Carnivals, St. Leo's Summer Picnic; 4th of July Celebrations and Fireworks, St. Marys Bavarian Festival and more.
Rock climbing or exploring...have it in the area with Devils Den, The Rocks, Bilger's Rocks and more.
Geocaching? Sites galore...
Interested in Old Growth Trees? - Heart's Content, Cook Forest State Park, Quehanna, Hammersly Fork......
A horse or horse and wagon ride? - Classic Keystone Guide and Outfitters; Elk Country Visitor Center.
See local visitor or vacation bureau websites, along with chambers of commerce for more activities, events, festivals and happening in the area - PA Great Outdoors, Clearfield County, Allegheny National Forest, Ridgway/Elk County, St. Marys.........
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Aug 14 2014 - Feb 10 2016
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
|Notes||Pay for for cabin rental(s) at arrival and check in by cash or check. Reservations held and confirmed with a valid credit card. 3% Convenience Fee added to any payment made by CC. CC would be charged for the rental deposit of 1/2 of the reserved time if there is a cancellation inside of our 60 day / 2 month policy. We work with guests in case of emergency cancellations-illness, family death....|