Along with my husband and family, we invite you to share our home on Mount Desert Island that has been in our family for over 50 years. Aldernest Cottage is an affordable option for the visitor looking for a quiet and private setting. We are located on the western side of Mount Desert Island, locally known as the 'quiet side', but still close to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. Aldernest Den is the first floor of a cottage adjoining our home overlooking Blue Hill Bay. Aldernest shares a private 7 acre site and 500 feet of frontage on Blue Hill Bay with a westerly orientation affording beautiful sunsets. The rocky shore of Blue Hill Bay is just a short walk across the lawn. You can have your coffee in the morning sitting on the rocks while you enjoy our quiet, peaceful setting. We painted this apartment last year and this year we put in a new continuous hot water system. When you get here, you will know that this is your new home away from home. Come, relax and enjoy the quiet with us.
NEWLY RENOVATED Upstairs unit also available. Contact owner for photos of this 2 bedroom/1 bath unit.
Wireless internet connection
Living room and dining area
Fully equipped kitchen
Bathroom with shower
Washer and dryer
1) We rent by the week Saturday to Saturday.
2) A deposit is required within 7 days to hold your reservation. Refund of deposits can only be made if we are successful in re-renting the entire period.
3) Aldernest Den accommodates four people comfortably. There is one queen size bed and two twins. We count children, including infants, as part of the total occupancy.
4) The Aldernest Cottage is smoke-free. Smoking is not permitted inside at any time.
5) Pillows and blankets are amply provided. We ask tenants to provide their own bed, bath and
kitchen linens. For those traveling by plane, we will provide linens for an additional $50/2 person
6) We have found that many of our returning tenants are allergic to pet so we have regrettably have concluded we can not accommodate any pets.
Keywords: Ground floor unit, 2 bedrooms
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.