This 2-bedroom, 3-bath home has been completely renovated, with all new systems, furnishings and décor. Enter at the rooftop level, and note the huge terrace where you’ll want to entertain, or simply bask in peace and quiet as you soak in the views. Fully tiled in traditional Mexican patterns, the roof is divided into three zones: the laundry area (with separate line outside for “solar drying,”) the main entertainment area, and an open-air room to provide separation for reading, dining, or even sleeping under the stars.
On the main floor, enjoy a spacious, airy salon, measuring 22-feet long. Separate seating areas in this bright room flanked by two balconies include a great reading area with oversized equipales; wall space decorated with books, music, and a main seating space with couch and two overstuffed chairs surrounding the tiled gas fireplace. The small custom-designed office space just off the main salon, is equipped with a writing desk, shelves, and wireless connection for your convenience. The dining hall greets guests just past the main entrance, opening to a Mexican–style kitchen with all-new stainless appliances, traditional cookware and dishware, and yet another balcony. A full-sized bathroom completes the top floor—ideal for washing up before dinner, but equally usable for extra guests staying in the main salon.
The sleeping area downstairs boasts two master suites, both with comfortable queen-sized pillow-top beds, drawers and private closets for storage. The front suite, offers a deep corner soaking tub, custom tiled, with matching sink and commode. The back suite, offers beautiful Mexican antique bed and armario, with a cala lily/sunflower-themed bathroom, also featuring a soaking tub. Both baths have fantastic water pressure—a real plus in Guanajuato! Unique to this home is “La Cava,” a cool, cozy wine cellar and reading area, also located on the downstairs level for your relaxation and enjoyment.
Owned by Americans with an appreciation for comfort, all bedding and linens are of natural fibers. There are easy-to-use gas fireplaces gracing the main salon, and gas heaters in each bedroom suite for those rare cool winter nights.
This hilltop neighborhood is inhabited primarily by Mexican families; it’s not unusual to be greeted by the neighborhood children, family dogs, and the aromas of comida cooking in the afternoons. There are just a few ex-pat homes in the area, so you’ll occasionally have the chance to speak your own language while greeting passers-by.
Just down the hill, you’ll find tienditas which can provide you with everything from water, to sweets, to brooms and mops. A mere five minutes downhill on Callejon Tecolote, you’ll find renowned Santo Café (the café which sits on a bridge, overlooking the streetscape below). Santo Café is a favorite spot for locals and students alike; try any of their pollo dishes—some of the best you’ll find anywhere!
Services and Management
La Rosa Roja is managed by a native of Guanajuato who is steadily improving her English. Taxi service from Aeropuerto Benito Juarez is available for just $450 pesos (going rate into town), plus an additional $100 pesos to deliver you and your luggage safely to Transversal del Tecolote #7 (as noted, the walk is steep, so this is well-earned!) You will find the home stocked with all the amenities needed for your comfort. We provide an updated book of dining and sight-seeing options, or simply wander into El Centro, pick out your favorite foods from the local mercados (or take-out from outstanding restaurants), and you’re set for a delightful, relaxing time.
Features — Amenities
• Beautiful roof-top terrace for entertaining and enjoying the views
• Washer and “solar dryer”
• Fully equipped kitchen
• All linens provided (soft, 100% cotton or bamboo for your comfort)
• Accessible by taxicab
• Queen Beds (pillow top) in both bedrooms
• Comfortable couch could be used for short-stay guest
• Single air bed available upon request (great for that extra child!)
• CD player; CD library including an eclectic mix of American and Mexican music
• Library of a variety of different types of books in English and Spanish
• Wireless internet access, but please consider enjoying face time with the locals and your traveling
• Peace and quiet!!
• Full Kitchen
• All cooking utensils, pans, plates provided
• Gas stove and oven
• Mexican style open cabinetry
• Huge rooftop terrace
• Separate “room” on rooftop ideal for reading, sleeping, and dreaming
• Gated entry for privacy and security (not a gated community)
• Spectacular views from rooftop, and from all rooms inside the home
• This is a wonderful adult retreat space; families welcome
• Located on a hill, the climb is steep, and there are many stairs. Please know you must be in reasonably good physical condition and be comfortable negotiating hills and stairs in order to be happy here
• No pets, no smoking
Keywords: Vacation home, casa, view home, vacation rental