|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Lake Breeze in Union Pier...Steps to the Sandy Beach Path. A master suite with Jacuzzi and beamed ceilings overlooks the 3/4 acre yard filled with pine trees. On the first floor there is another bedroom and a beautiful bathroom with a slate shower that is sky-high! Also, a sleeper sofa!
You will be walking distance to the shops and restaurants of Union Pier. Enjoy the wineries, breweries, shopping, walking the lake or just laying back and relaxing.
Enjoy the beauty of Harbor Country in the Fall and Winter-some say the most beautiful time!!
I am a native Chicagoan who lived in Boston for most of the 80's and spent many weekends and vacations on Cape Cod and the Islands, especially Block Island off of Rhode Island. I moved home to Chicago to watch my nephews grow up in 1991 and Union Pier was the closest thing I found to that 'island' atmosphere. My home has brought me many happy memories
and the area is one of the most beautiful in the world!
Family from St. Louis
Great beach cottage great space for 6 guests, also romantic! You could not get much closer to the beach unless you were directly on the lake since the lake path is steps away. So convenient for our childrens' beach toys, coolers, etc.
We could even hear the lake on one rough night.
The owner wanted to make sure we had a great week and even suggested the St,. Joseph Children's museum as well as some other unusual attractions.
The cottage is bright and well decorated, reminded us of southern CA.
I stayed here recently and loved it. Very cute and cozy! Also close to the beach. Easy to walk to which was very nice for my 4 year old son. Great outdoor patio!!! Had a wonderful stay.
The cottage is within a short walking distance to the beach and a couple of really great places to eat. The beach was excellent! The best time was during the week--the beach was practically deserted all day. Sunsets were magnificent! The cottage is attached to a bigger house, but it still is very private. It is clean and roomy. We loved the upstairs suite. Having an upstairs and a downstairs was great. Most of our off lake time was spent on the patio--very comfortable. We would definitely rent again. At this price range, I don't think you will do much better than this.
We truly enjoyed our stay at this guest House in Union Pier, MI. We brought our young Children (under the age of two) and found the space very accommodating for our needs. The interior was very light and airy, as desired for a summer escape. The separation of downstairs and upstairs allowed adequate space between guests. The bathrooms were clean and nice. The Kitchen included all the necessary items so we really didn’t have to bring much other than the food itself. In terms of the exterior, the patio with a fireplace offered a great retreat in the afternoon/evening. There were plenty of seating and tables to accommodate a number of people. The place had a nice expansive yard for the kids to play and was set back enough from the road. The location was very good, with a nice beach a few blocks away and local shops/grocery mart nearby as well. We found the guest house to be a very good value given the condition and living space of the unit. We had plenty of privacy from the main house guests and didn’t hear any noise during our stay. Union Pier close proximity to New Buffalo, and a nice little kids park on the way, make it all the more compelling to stay here; especially for families interested in serene family vacation with a healthy balance of activities to do (without being inundated with over commercialized tourist traps like other family vaca destinations). We spent a decent amount of time researching places and really were pleased with our experience. Also, the owner was very responsive to our needs and had replaced the DVD player within 24 hours so our kids could watch their favorite cartoons. We had a nice time, really hope you enjoy your stay too..
This is perfect for couples or even a small family. The patio was great. We had a little get together for our local friends and it worked out great. There is a great yard for kids. The upstairs master is very nice.
There were some things that need to be done and some things added to the kitchen if you like to cook. Owner was very receptive to my suggestions and I think she will take care of them. She is very easy to work with.
Wonderful, updated coach house. Friendly and helpful owner too.
The two most important criteria we had for deciding on which place to stay while in Union Pier were price and then being CLOSE to that great beach. Well, this achieved both. It is just steps to the beach path. The water and waves were absolutely beautiful.
Our three small kids just loved the upstairs master suite. Lots of room to jump around up there!
Before we arrived, the owner was kind enough to ask what we were looking
for in our vacation and recommend activities, restaurants, shopping, etc. She was
always responsive to our needs and even made sure we knew where to go
grocery shopping on our way from Chicago.
My family is now looking to purchase a summer home in the area. I can't wait! I would definitely recommend this rental.
DO NOT RENT! The issues we had with this rental are as follows:
1. CONVERTED GARAGE. She misrepresented her property and does not tell renters that there are 2 rental units at the same address. She never disclosed that the portion of the house we rented was a converted garage located on the side of the home. When the people who rented the larger portion of the house arrived, they actually came to our door because they too did not know it was a 2 unit house. They thought they were at the wrong address!
2. NO LOCK. The entrance was a sliding glass door with a lock that had been changed multiple times and had a multiple holes around the lock itself. We called the owner immediately. She said that we should try it in the morning. When we contacted her about it in the morning she said if we REALLY needed it repaired she would send someone to fix it but we would have to wait around during that time for the handyman. We only had 2 full days at the rental and declined. Rental properties should have safe locking mechanism to their front door. We should not lose vacation time at a property waiting around for work men because of a major issue like this.
3. House is 2-3 BLOCKS from the beach. She greatly misrepresented the "walk to the beach." In the ad owner states that the beach is "steps" from the house. We asked about the exact distance and all she would tell us was it was close, "just steps away". We thought the beach was going to be across the street, but instead we were shocked to find out it was a full 2-3 block distance.
4. Difficulty communicating with owner. During email correspondance, owner would only respond with one word answers or questions that did not make sense. It was a very frustrating process. The communication was poor at best.
5. We became very suspicious of the owner and the property that we actually wanted to cancel our reservation. We asked her if that was a possibility. She responded that she would have to take us to small claims court if we did so. We decided it was not worth losing all our money and the time so we went through with the rental.
6. After leaving we emailed her to let her know we cleaned as detailed in lease. Waited for security deposit that took weeks to arrive only after multiple emails and a phone call. The envelope was sent to a different address due to illegible handwriting and wrong name.
7. I was called names by the owner during a phone conversation and she hung up on me. Unprofessional and poor rental.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.