|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Lake Shore Breeze is a 5 star home steps to one of the World's most beautiful beaches and to all the activity in Union Pier. Whether you have a family of four or multi-generational the home and property provide for a memorable vacation for all!
The home is located on 3/4 acres with a badmitton net, plenty of room for touch football or baseball and bonfires at night. The landscaped patio and deck for outdoor dining will make you feel like you are in Southern California!
When the day is done watch the sunset over Lake Michigan and see colors like you have never seen before. Make sure to bring your camera!
The home is decorated to make you feel comfortable but delight in your surroundings. A place where memories are made whether there are 2 or 16!
Enjoy two living areas with TVs, for children and adults to all have their space.
The decor is beach-island, Caribbean style. Vacationeers love the pottery and prints and feel 'happy' in their surroundings. The home is very open and bright.
After the day on the beach, return to your spacious, four bedroom and 3.5 bathroom 'Hampton' like home walking distance to many restaurants, bakeries and gourmet shops. The living room now has two couches for extra seating. There is seating for ten in the kitchen and eight in the dining room.
Enjoy privacy with two first floor bedrooms at opposite ends of the floor. Same with the second floor bedrooms. On the first floor there are 2.5 bathrooms.
Children love the bright children's room with four twins or three twins and a queen trundle pop-up that gives them five!
The special second floor living room space looks out over a beautiful oak tree and has a TV.
The kitchen has a bright tiled counter and windows on all sides. Plenty of room to try new recipes with your group or just grill a simple meal on the gas grill. Lots of seating indoors and out.
As the owner, I make sure there are quality linens and all the amenities of home.
Enjoy the large deck for al fresco dining and landscaped patio with furniture for entertaining. Bring the marshmallows for your evening fire in the fire pit !
Look out over your bucolic yard. No houses to obstruct your view.
The reviews tell you what a wonderful vacation the two of you or your family will have at LakeShore Breeze!
Many families love to spend the day at the beach and the evening at the home but if you are interested there are many art galleries, antique stores, wineries, breweries and so much natural beauty to explore.
Short Drive to Warren State Dunes Park. (also beautiful in Fall and Winter). Wonderful biking and bike museum nearby in Three Oaks Michigan-well known for its scenic biking. Hiking nearby. Also, kayaking, dune boarding, wind surfing.
Short Drive to miniature golf, movies, theater, shopping outlets, downtown shopping in New Buffalo-small boutiques. Boating, fishing and skiing.
If you want to explore Chicago and Notre Dame are both within driving distance.
Or, just enjoy the beautiful beach, lake and home!
Winter and Spring are some of the best months for Winter Get Aways in Harbor Country! Flowers are blooming or turning and by May, you might even be able to go in the Lake. Book open weekends and special rates on any open weeks! Weekends are NOT available after Memorial Day.
Restaurants range from family style to fine dining.
You will feel like you are on Cape Cod or the Hamptons.
Our beaches are considered the best in the country, according to Outside Magazine.
Originally from Chicago, I moved to New England in my thirties. When I returned to watch my nephews grow up, I looked all around the Midwest and finally found Union Pier. Union Pier was the place with the closest feeling to Cape Cod or Marthas Vineyard I could find!.
Kathleen MacArthur purchased this house in 2009
Going to Lake Shore Breeze for the last five summers has become a eagerly
anticipated event for our family. The house itself is well maintained,
frequently updated, and stocked with anything you might need for a
vacation. With plenty of room, the house easily accommodates one or even
two families with plenty of bathrooms and sleeping areas. Our children
particularly enjoy the "kids' room" which has three beds to easily handle
a "sleepover." The pristine beach, only a five minute walk away, feels
as if it is your own with hardly any other visitors to spoil your picnic
or swim. The quaint shops, quality restaurants, and natural beauty of the
area has provided many memorable moments for our family. Strolling along
the beach during summer sunsets will undoubtedly produce many photos and
memories. We have also stayed at Lake Shore Breeze with friends in the
fall for a totally different, yet equally unique experience, witnessing
the changing colors of the trees that line the roads. We have forged many
traditions on our annual trip and highly recommend this property for a
family or friend getaway
My husband & I searched long & hard for a weekend get-away, something within a 3-4 hour drive. Luckily we found this amazing rental. The owner was an absolute dream to work with and had many, many recommendations of things to do. We tried as many of her recommendations as time limits would allow and were pleasantly surprised with all of them. The house is beautiful & very well maintained - the location, absolutely PERFECT. Just a short walk to the beach - we had the window open in our bedroom at night and you could hear the waves gently lapping the shoreline. Strolling through the tranquil streets was a dream come true for our usually hectic lives. Everything we could have possibly needed was provided. We didn't even use the upstairs and we had more than enough room. A perfect weekend get-away! We cannot wait to go back with friends.
We rented this property for girls getaway and it was perfect! There was plenty of room, and bathrooms were very nice and clean. The owner was readily available for questions. We enjoyed visiting the Round Barn Tasting room, which was very close by. I was able to bring my dog, which was very much appreciated! It was just a short walk to the beach, which we enjoyed. Would definately consider renting here again.
Well located and short distnce from beach. Excellent outside parking. Roomy and good accommodations for 5 people. Well stocked kitchen for cooking in. Owner easily reachable and pleasant to deal with.
this lovely home provided a great setting for a vacation with grandchildren, friends and canine companions. The house was bathed in light and had a perfect second story nook for morning coffee drinking while gazing out a picture window. The artwork enhanced the experience. The kitchen was extremely functional and a great place for a family meal, cutting down the expense of eating out. We had 4 adults, 4 small children and two dogs and could have comfortably slept several more. My 5 year old grand-daughter mastered the art of bike riding without training wheels on the quiet road adjacent to the beach. The beach was a several minute walk away and allowed us to put the children down for naps without much fuss or bother. Our host was gracious and helpful. I highly recommend this beautiful home as a vacation rental.
3 couples with 6 small kids rented this house for a long weekend. We are easy-going people, but feel compelled to write this review. These are our primary complaints:
1. This is NOT a private, single family home. The owner stays in an attached in-law suite while the house is rented. There is no privacy and it made for a very awkward weekend because we often felt that we were being watched. Her suite has a patio that's part of the same backyard, and during our stay the owner had guests over on the patio (who played the accordion and let her dogs run loose).
2. The owner barged into the house uninvited on the first day of our stay, claiming to have forgotten something. Thankfully no one was caught in a private moment. The next morning, we were awoken at 8a.m. to a maintenance man who was told that no one would be there until the afternoon.
3. The owner was very rude from the outset. She was not welcoming and generally seemed annoyed that we were there. One of our parents were in the same area that weekend and stopped by to say hello, and she was even rude to them! She also insisted that we had additional "unauthorized" people staying there when we did not (we had friends staying nearby who stopped by). She is also disorganized and didn't recall that we had a late check out (even though it was on the contract).
4. We got locked out b/c 1 of the 2 loose keys she left didn't work. She has no spare keys, so we had to climb through a window. She was rude during this entire interaction as well.
5. A few days after we left, we asked for our deposit back. She promised to drop a check with the full deposit in the mail that week. It never came so she said she'd mail a second ASAP. That never came either. We finally insisted that she return it using Chase Quickpay (which is how she accepts money herself). Neither check ever arrived at our home.
6. The house itself is ok. It’s large, in a great location, and has 3 king beds. But each king had 2 flimsy pillows, the decor is outdated, the common areas are cramped, and one bedroom on the first floor has bi-fold doors (not a regular entry door) so you can hear everything that’s that’s being said in the living room. It's also not toddler-friendly (breakables everywhere and wobbly TVs) & there was no gas in the BBQ.
7. You have to pay a cleaning fee, but you are required to sweep, do laundry, and dishes before you check out, so hours of your last day are spent cleaning.
Stayed the long Memorial Day Weekend with 3 adults and 6 children/teens very comfortably. No fights over the bathroom and beds for all. Huge backyard that was great for croquet.
Nearest railway station:
New Buffalo at 4 Miles
Direct to chicago
Nearest highway intersection:
Exit #6, I-94 at 2 Miles
The Harbor Country area of Southwest Michigan has been a popular tourist destination since the 1920's. Located only 90 minutes from downtown Chicago, Illinois, across Lake Michigan, the sandy dune beaches and woodsy areas have made this the 'Hampton's' of the mid-west. The area is home to great swimmable beaches, art galleries, antique shops, golf courses, wineries, cross country skiiing, romantic and a multitude of fine to cas
Other Activities: Winery Tours, Antique and other shopping, Art galleries, Sit in Front of Fireplace and look at Beautiful Pine Trees
Golf: Many courses nearby
Ski: Cross country nearby, downhill within hours
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 2 2015 - Jun 20 2015
3 night minimum stay
Jun 27 2015 - Aug 20 2016
7 night minimum stay
Contact owner for weekend ratesvsually 300 per night
Book by December 31 for discount for Summer 2013 Call on Winter and Fall specials.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.